• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone who supports Donald Trump is a traitor to the American idea

Actually, no. There is a difference between turning our Southern border into a no-go military zone and kicking off a police state to deport 10 million plus illegals and strictly enforcing our current immigration laws. One is unAmerican and the other is simply implementing a sensible strategy.

And who appointed you as the arbiter of what is and what is not un-American.

Actually, no. There is a difference between turning our Southern border into a no-go military zone and kicking off a police state to deport 10 million plus illegals and simply strictly enforcing our current immigration laws. One is unAmerican and the other is implementing a sensible strategy.
I disagree with anyone that thinks we should deport all illegal immigrants. That doesnt mean we dont need border security.

But that doesnt make people racist. It means we should follow the laws.

I doubt Trump will win, but he's got my vote. I hope he gets enough of the vote to scare the daylights out of both sides of the aisle. People are sending a message that we're sick to death of politics as usual. Both sides need to wake up. If elected, he can't do ANY worse than others and better than some or most.

Most people want stricter border control. Yet it doesn't happen. Most people want a lot of things that don't happen. REGARDLESS of who's in the Whitehouse. We bought the promise of transparency and change the last two election cycles. Time for that to actually happen.

It won't happen with Hillary Clinton. Just the thought makes me queasy.

I've been to many other countries, and I also read a lot about them. This trope that American politicians are somehow out of control and unusually corrupt is just a fantasy sold by other corrupt people who want to be political leaders. As is the nutty assumption that Donald Trump is somehow less corrupt than HRC...

I disagree with anyone that thinks we should deport all illegal immigrants. That doesnt mean we dont need border security.

But that doesnt make people racist. It means we should follow the laws.

IMO, what we need is enforcement of labor laws and ensuring that anyone who hires illegals are prosecuted and heavily fined, if not jailed. THat will stop the flow of illegals in a heartbeat.

I've been to many other countries, and I also read a lot about them. This trope that American politicians are somehow out of control and unusually corrupt is just a fantasy sold by other corrupt people who want to be political leaders. As is the nutty assumption that Donald Trump is somehow less corrupt than HRC...

Who said they were unusually corrupt? Not me. Out of control? Yes, I'll drink to that. Incumbents are way too powerful. Getting rid of the old and embracing the new is almost impossible. Bunch of old men with the same old ideas cannot be good for innovation. And that's what we need.

Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

wow a leftwing journalist says this. Stunned I am , stunned for sure. I love having bed wetting leftwing turds who have no real support for their opinions. SO he's a Hillary fan boy. BFD

IMO, what we need is enforcement of labor laws and ensuring that anyone who hires illegals are prosecuted and heavily fined, if not jailed. THat will stop the flow of illegals in a heartbeat.
I absolutely agree with that as a component of an immigration fix.

But SURELY you dont believe laws should be abandoned or that anyone that believes immigration laws should be enforced is a traitor to American ideals, do you?

How or why would that stop the criminals that know the US is easy pickins?

Not true. You managed to pick the one guy on the planet objectively worse than Hillary Clinton.

Or the reverse is true. The Democrats happened to pick the one girl on the planet objectively worse than Donald Trump.

I absolutely agree with that as a component of an immigration fix.

But SURELY you dont believe laws should be abandoned or that anyone that believes immigration laws should be enforced is a traitor to American ideals, do you?

I object to the unAmerica idea of empowing a special police state to round up aliens and turn our border area into a no-go wasteland, patrolled by soldiers like its South Korea.

I object to the unAmerica idea of empowing a special police state to round up aliens and turn our border area into a no-go wasteland, patrolled by soldiers like its South Korea.
So...you disapprove of the INS?

Does anyone, even you, believe that a federal police force (aka ICE), the size of Baltimore and Boston combined (that is about 5K field agents), can enforce immigration law within the entire US interior?

Indeed, there is no small government way to enforce immigration law but that is no reason not to accept and actively encourage other law enforcement agencies to assist if and when they can. The FBI is only as successful as it is because they do just that.

Why is it rational to have 10X more federal airport nannies (TSA agents) than immigration enforcement agents? We estimate that there are now about 12 million illegal aliens inside the US - if only 2% of them are criminals (in other ways) that is a hell of a lot of trouble to millions of victims that we are refusing to properly address.

wow a leftwing journalist says this. Stunned I am , stunned for sure. I love having bed wetting leftwing turds who have no real support for their opinions. SO he's a Hillary fan boy. BFD

It really reads more like he is an Anti-Trump boy who is wise enough to know that rallying around Crooked Hillary is the only way to stop the Buffoon from becoming president.

It really reads more like he is an Anti-Trump boy who is wise enough to know that rallying around Crooked Hillary is the only way to stop the Buffoon from becoming president.

So you would rather gave a crook running the country than a Buffon?

Does anyone, even you, believe that a federal police force (aka ICE), the size of Baltimore and Boston combined (that is about 5K field agents), can enforce immigration law within the entire US interior?

Indeed, there is no small government way to enforce immigration law but that is no reason not to accept and actively encourage other law enforcement agencies to assist if and when they can. The FBI is only as successful as it is because they do just that.

Why is it rational to have 10X more federal airport nannies (TSA agents) than immigration enforcement agents? We estimate that there are now about 12 million illegal aliens inside the US - if only 2% of them are criminals (in other ways) that is a hell of a lot of trouble to millions of victims that we are refusing to properly address.

I'm not against enforcing immigration laws if it does not involve Gestapo tactics, which, IMO, we see enough of with this stupid War on Drugs. I do not plan to vote for anyone who wants to also have a War on Illegals.

...and Muslims.

So you would rather gave a crook running the country than a Buffon?

Well, considering the Buffoon is also a crook. I guess, someone who is only a crook, is a better choice.

Hyperbole much?

I'm soooo SICK of people bashing candidates, saying the world will end. This one's a Nazi.That one's a closet Muslim. That one over there once shook hands with a Grand Poobar in the KKK. The guy in the back is a traitor. The one behind the curtain is a racist...misogynist...plantation master...WHATEVER.

What happened to supporting your own candidate instead of bashing the other guy?

So juvenile.

This is what happens to a society when it throws logic and reason out the window and solely rely on emotional
Arguments for everything

I'm not against enforcing immigration laws if it does not involve Gestapo tactics, which, IMO, we see enough of with this stupid War on Drugs. I do not plan to vote for anyone who wants to also have a War on Illegals.

...and Muslims.
So...someone gets pulled over for a crime, during the stop it is determined they are here illegally...and INS should do....

what exactly?

Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

A question "progressives" such as the author should have asked themselves all along, while aggrandizing power to the federal government, and specifically to the President -- while cheering it on, actually, when their own people have it --

"Is this a power you'd want Donald Trump to have?"

If Trump would be dangerous with the power of the Presidency, it's only because the President, and the federal government, have too much power. If they didn't, it wouldn't even matter who the President is.

Trump cannot be dangerous to the "American idea" unless it's already been usurped. And if it has been, people like the author are the reason.

So...someone gets pulled over for a crime, during the stop it is determined they are here illegally...and INS should do....

what exactly?

I'm good with deporting the ones we run across. I'm not in favor of rooting them out by going door to door or raiding homes at 3AM.

...and Muslims.

I don't plan to vote for someone opposed to enforcing the immigration law to generate future government dependent voters and to help further suppress US wages. Neither party, so far, has dared to do so. Trump will likely never succeed but will at least focus more attention on the issue.

what exactly?

That's really something cops wouldn't know...that they were illegals.

A question "progressives" such as the author should have asked themselves all along, while aggrandizing power to the federal government, and specifically to the President -- while cheering it on, actually, when their own people have it --

"Is this a power you'd want Donald Trump to have?"

If Trump would be dangerous with the power of the Presidency, it's only because the President, and the federal government, have too much power. If they didn't, it wouldn't even matter who the President is.

Trump cannot be dangerous to the "American idea" unless it's already been usurped. And if it has been, people like the author are the reason.

What I see is a Republican Party which will ignore American ideals to win elections and rally around their moronic president, like we saw under W. Democrats, otoh, actually resisted the dumb ideas of Obama and forced him to come up with a plan B. Too bad the R did not do that when W decided to invade the wrong country.

Democrats, otoh, actually resisted the dumb ideas of Obama and forced him to come up with a plan B.

Aside from the fact that your post doesn't actually address a thing I said . . .

WHEN? WHEN did they ever do this? WHEN? Give me multiple, specific examples.

Back
Top Bottom