• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone who supports Donald Trump is a traitor to the American idea

To the bolded: Nor did I intend to imply you did.

But Trump skirts the edge of Constitutionality on occasion (his earlier claims of a religious entrance test - he's recently walked that back a bit). Even if the majority seem to want something, it cannot be given unless Constitutional - or they need to change the Constitution.

I've been referring to the process of selection. It seems to me Trump, in his typical ineloquent style, floats many ideas in the roughest of context. That doesn't mean the principle behind the idea is necessarily unconstitutional, or traitorous. When it comes to "entrance tests" the US already applies them. Fail them, and one can't enter.

The principle Trump seems to voicing in the area you mentioned is one that adds a necessary level to the test, in order to address a real problem. How that looks in final version should be the conversation, rather than the distraction invented to avoid addressing the issue at all.

Nope. Which is ironic, seeing as, I've mentioned before, dozens of terrorists could easily slip into the US over the Canadian border

After all, Vancouver was the number one point of entry into the US for KGB "illegals" during the Cold War.

They could, but they don't as often. For one thing Canada enforces its entry laws better than Mexico.

Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

You, yes you calamity, are just as responsible for his continued participation.
These forums have been inundated with stories about the man, whether relevant or not, no matter how slanderous.
You'll post them, giving him the attention.

Then you and others will slander and malign supporters, as ignorant and stupid, as if that is some kind of leg to stand on.
Then people, somehow blame Trump, for anti-Trump acts of violence.

You've made him appear as the good guy underdog, good job.

Last edited:
I'm not going to whine if Trump wins. Honestly, I don't give a **** who wins this election.

Regardless, the next 4 years are going to suck. Bad.

Leftist said the same thing about Reagan, and than we ended up with the quickest recovery and greatest period of prosperity in US history.

(yawn)...yet another hate-filled rant about Trump and Trump supporters.

How many does this make now? 15,354,978 ? :beatdeadhorse
Whats comical is watching the bitter angry hate filled losers lose their **** over someone they say is a bitter angry hate filled loser. If anyone has any integrity and an ounce of honesty they would HAVE to admit that all those violent hate filled angry Trump haters were always violent angry and hate filled. Trump is just their outlet du joir. If it were Cruz, they would be losing their ****. If it were Jeb, they would be losing their ****. Basically..they are just losing their ****.

I've been referring to the process of selection. It seems to me Trump, in his typical ineloquent style, floats many ideas in the roughest of context. That doesn't mean the principle behind the idea is necessarily unconstitutional, or traitorous. When it comes to "entrance tests" the US already applies them. Fail them, and one can't enter.

The principle Trump seems to voicing in the area you mentioned is one that adds a necessary level to the test, in order to address a real problem. How that looks in final version should be the conversation, rather than the distraction invented to avoid addressing the issue at all.
That's fair.

The problem is: During public speaking events the candidate says a lot of crazy crap without thinking, and that is a quality which is not going to go well if he attains the office of leader of the free world.

But in his defense, he does seem to be getting a little better recently (perhaps as Paul Manafort reigns him in). And let's face it: Trump's spontaneity is one of his major appeals; do it enough, and you're going to screw-up sometimes.

I am all for the wall having one way exits or least telling our border guards to let anyone who wants to leave without showing any identification and visas.

LOL But where is the need for this multi-billion $ wall at all when we have a NEGATIVE flow of illegals? It is yet another false problem.

Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

So, voting for Hillary is true to the American way? Ummmm.....no.

Not a Trump supporter, but against Hillary, anything is better.

Is this the famous 'self-deportation' that we heard so much about a few years ago? I remember that being roundly criticized then. Might have been spot on.

It is the result of increased job opportunities in Mexico which is a far better way of decreasing illegal immigration than a wall that will be tunneled under anyway.

So...according to the OP...the American Idea is lawlessness, illegal immigration without check and the wholesale settlement of individuals that have not been and cannot be properly vetted?

In other words...you are rushing to embrace this?

15france-ss-2-master768-v3.jpg

And to you, thats the American Idea?

So...according to the OP...the American Idea is lawlessness, illegal immigration without check and the wholesale settlement of individuals that have not been and cannot be properly vetted?

View attachment 67204344

Thank you for accurately framing the abject absurdity of The Anti-American Left.

Alright, if Trump's your boy then what does he bring to the table
If Hillary is your gal, what does she do?

I doubt Trump will win, but he's got my vote. I hope he gets enough of the vote to scare the daylights out of both sides of the aisle. People are sending a message that we're sick to death of politics as usual. Both sides need to wake up. If elected, he can't do ANY worse than others and better than some or most.

Most people want stricter border control. Yet it doesn't happen. Most people want a lot of things that don't happen. REGARDLESS of who's in the Whitehouse. We bought the promise of transparency and change the last two election cycles. Time for that to actually happen.

It won't happen with Hillary Clinton. Just the thought makes me queasy.

So, voting for Hillary is true to the American way? Ummmm.....no.

Not a Trump supporter, but against Hillary, anything is better.

Not true. You managed to pick the one guy on the planet objectively worse than Hillary Clinton.

Not directly no, however it has been shown that the government has printed a pamphlet showing how to survive when crossing the Sonoran desert.

The government is not discouraging crossings either.

That is not the part of the comment that should be concentrated on anyway.

Of course every country in the world would love to have their criminals and troublesome people go to another country. Every repeat offender should be given a one way ticket anywhere they want to go by our government and not let back in again. Talk about a cheap solution to crime. That would be a godsend. The only problem is we are the only country stupid enough to allow these kind of people into our country.

It is the result of increased job opportunities in Mexico which is a far better way of decreasing illegal immigration than a wall that will be tunneled under anyway.

Should the economics swing the other way, the illegal immigrants will be right back. Continuing to support the Mexican economy so that this flow remains the same almost comes across as extortion payments.

No, effective and cost effective border control to stem the next great wave of illegal immigration, even before it begins, most certainly needs to be put in place. That's without a question.

And damn the torpedoes too!

No, wait. Somebody already said that.

Nevermind.

Thank you for accurately framing the abject absurdity of The Anti-American Left.
Its not their fault. They are just given one liners to regurgitate. They arent expected to actually understand what they are parroting.

Fact...there are a lot of Muslims that the current administration wants to bring into this country. Fact...MOST of them are probably just fine. Fact...Some....SOME...would love nothing more than to kill Americans. How many? 1 in 10? 1 in 1000? How many are acceptable? If it is ONLY 1 in 1000 and we bring in 1 million, thats 1000 people that want to commit terrorist acts in this country. Fact...we do not now adequately vet those refugees and in fact liberals like Sanders and Clinton have ADMITTED we dont do enough to adequately vet those coming in.

How exactly is it racist to insist that those being brought in are properly vetted?

Its not their fault. They are just given one liners to regurgitate. They arent expected to actually understand what they are parroting.

Fact...there are a lot of Muslims that the current administration wants to bring into this country. Fact...MOST of them are probably just fine. Fact...Some....SOME...would love nothing more than to kill Americans. How many? 1 in 10? 1 in 1000? How many are acceptable? If it is ONLY 1 in 1000 and we bring in 1 million, thats 1000 people that want to commit terrorist acts in this country. Fact...we do not now adequately vet those refugees and in fact liberals like Sanders and Clinton have ADMITTED we dont do enough to adequately vet those coming in.

How exactly is it racist to insist that those being brought in are properly vetted?

Gotta LOVE the blue T-shirt, "HILLARY FOR PRISON 2016." The democrat party survives on the malleability of low information voters. Most democrats can't tie their own shoes. They are, however, very good a stirring discontent, particularly in communities which are predominantly poor and illiterate. Good Ol' Lyndon. Kinda makes you wonder about the content of their character. Man, poor Ol' Martin is really starting to look stupid.

If you think about this has been going on for a long time in this country.Before they started importing millions of immigrants to work for dirt cheap wages they were importing millions of slaves to work for nothing, Then around the time slavery ended they were importing the Chinese to build railroads and other things for dirt cheap wages. Then when their numbers were restricted they imported other groups of people to do the same and those groups of people were eventually restricted into coming into the country.

Exactly. It was wrong then and it is wrong now. Even though they are not in chains today they are still oppressed. If they speak out for fair wages and rights the rich and powerful will just have our government (which they own) get rid of the problems the way they always did. The only aliens that get deported usually have crossed the rich and powerful. Get a poor 14 year old pregnant and you get an anchor baby, welfare, and a slave of the rich and powerful. Do the same to a 14 year old of the rich and powerful and you go to prison and are deported immediately upon release. If they have enough money and power they may fall out a 3rd story window after being deported.

I find it ironic that the same people who support higher minimum wage wages, more welfare benefits, living wages, free health care, free college and other freebees tend to be the same ones who support amnesty for illegals, and or unrestricted legal immigration and open borders. Where is all this money for all this "free" stuff they want going to come from if they keep importing more people to take it all? People generally immigrate or migrate to other countries to make a better life for themselves, not to downgrade their life for themselves.

What is left of the middle class pays for it. The rich benefit from the cheap labor. Just like Rome you have the roman citizen or government workers the rich and the powerful and then you have your second class people who do the work for little to nothing in pay and benefits.

Hillary is a puppet of the rich and powerful. Of course she supports bringing in as much slave labor as possible to drive down wages. She just disguises the situation by raising the minimum wage. Everything else goes up as well except the pay of the middle class and who will drop into a poorer middle class and naturally the retired.

Who votes for it.

Well naturally the rich and powerful by owning both parties don't care who wins unless it is a rogue candidate such as Trump. The government workers who still gets pay increases, platinum benefits, and retirement programs. The non working people who rely on government for their every need. The slave labor themselves who need government to subsidize their income in order to survive. Even the college students rely on government loans and scholarships. Make the majority dependent and they believe they have no choice. They can't comprehend a society that is paid a decent wage do not need government support and hand outs.

I doubt Trump will win, but he's got my vote. I hope he gets enough of the vote to scare the daylights out of both sides of the aisle. People are sending a message that we're sick to death of politics as usual. Both sides need to wake up. If elected, he can't do ANY worse than others and better than some or most.

Most people want stricter border control. Yet it doesn't happen. Most people want a lot of things that don't happen. REGARDLESS of who's in the Whitehouse. We bought the promise of transparency and change the last two election cycles. Time for that to actually happen.

It won't happen with Hillary Clinton. Just the thought makes me queasy.

I am sitting this election out, however you are right. There is anger at the status quo political establishment not only here in the US, but all over western Europe as well. The left in this nation has not worked out why Brexit passed. The anti status quo anger is also why a rough talking political novice like Trump has a viable shot at getting elected. And I agree...the thought of a Hillary presidency is nauseating.

View attachment 67204344

Actually, no. There is a difference between turning our Southern border into a no-go military zone and kicking off a police state to deport 10 million plus illegals and strictly enforcing our current immigration laws. One is unAmerican and the other is simply implementing a sensible strategy.

I am sitting this election out, however you are right. There is anger at the status quo political establishment not only here in the US, but all over western Europe as well. The left in this nation has not worked out why Brexit passed. The anti status quo anger is also why a rough talking political novice like Trump has a viable shot at getting elected. And I agree...the thought of a Hillary presidency is nauseating.

I don't know whether anyone in your broad circle of co-workers, neighbors, friends, and family has asked you, but I will. Please allow me to respectfully implore you to vote and to vote for Donald Trump. He needs your vote and so do WE.

Back
Top Bottom