• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Anyone who supports Donald Trump is a traitor to the American idea

I'll just tell you what I tell my Bernie Bot "friends" who insist they will vote for Stein or sit this one out. You can stay politically "pure" if you want, but then don't whine to me when you see Trump-Pence in the White House.

I'm not going to whine if Trump wins. Honestly, I don't give a **** who wins this election.

Regardless, the next 4 years are going to suck. Bad.

That was made at a time when companies wanted to fill their sweatshops up with cheap labor and wanted to keep wages down. There was also no welfare, no bi-lingual forms and you were pretty much on your own when you stepped foot on American soil. Besides that a poem on a French statue doesn't dictate our immigration policies.

You rather see a 50-foot wall at our Southern border?

You know when a rant like this was due? 50 years ago when the RNC stated using the Southern Strategy, when they opened their doors and invited in this "darkness." Then 49 years ago. Then 48 years ago. Then every year until it was really due in 2010 when the Tea Party brought out the racists, and Ailes, Murdoch, and the Koch's paid for their soapbox, all so each of them could get lower taxes and more government money for the next two year. It was due before the Tea Party, when Fox News started regularly race-baiting and dog-whistling to racist ****s, which was the 15-20 year preceding context for those racists. It was due when Reagan propelled neoliberalism to become the accepted political/economic system of America, the same neoliberalism that has amplified the anger that the Republican party's been redirecting into religious extremism, racism, and whatever else they can convert into a consistent voters for the Republican party.

Instead, the Republican party and its media-wing (Fox News, AM radio, etc) played with fire, it blew up colossally in their face, and they now want to read me a lesson in morality about what I have an obligation to do.

Okay, just one question: Are you f***ing kidding me?
Total garbage. But that is what I have come to expect from leftists.

Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

:lamo

A traitor to the American Idea? WTH?

Perhaps the laughable ideologue, Charles P. Pierce and his cohorts at Esquire should reacquaint themselves with what the American Idea actually is.

It isn't defined by subservience to one ideological imperative defined by an elite class of bureaucrats beholding to financial backers with agendas. It's defined by the will of it's citizens who freely express their opinions and preferences through speech and vote.

Trump is a product of this expression.

It's unsurprising the admission of extreme fear over the will of free people manifests itself in screeds like the one linked in this thread.

Sure, effectively calling people traitors for supporting Trump is a rational expression of what the American Idea is.

At least one can take solace in viewing more evidence of how frightened liberal ideologues are by the free expression of free citizens. The Founding Fathers would be pleased.

Last edited:
I'm not going to whine if Trump wins. Honestly, I don't give a **** who wins this election.

Regardless, the next 4 years are going to suck. Bad.

It will suck a lot more with Trump-Pence. But, it's not my job to educate people. If you are OK with seeing an anti-gay, pro-life Bible Thumper in a White House run by a total Buffoon, good for you.

You rather see a 50-foot wall at our Southern border?

If that's the most cost effective way to secure the border against illegal immigration, yes.

The point isn't the wall, or not the wall, the point is to stem the tide of illegal immigration, which has been a recurring problem for the last 30 years. About high time that something effective and cost effective be done about it.

It will suck a lot more with Trump-Pence. But, it's not my job to educate people. If you are OK with seeing an anti-gay, pro-life Bible Thumper in a White House run by a total Buffoon, good for you.

You do realize that virtually every president in US history was an 'anti-gay, pro-life Bible Thumper' to some degree or another, yet we survived just fine. And is it your contention that anyone who proposes to limit immigration is a traitor to the American idea? If so, why should we have boarders at all?

You do realize that virtually every president in US history was an 'anti-gay, pro-life Bible Thumper' to some degree or another, yet we survived just fine. And is it your contention that anyone who proposes to limit immigration is a traitor to the American idea? If so, why should we have boarders at all?

The last time we had the Conservative's guy in the WH, it was a total disaster. And, he barely won, mostly because the Far Left felt Al Gore was not Left enough for their taste (a ridiculous position if you really think about it). So, they voted for Nadar, giving us the worst president since Franklin Pierce.

Is there one with Canada?

Do you support people coming into the US illegally?

What does Canada have to do with the number of illegal crossings with Mexico?

Hyperbole much?

I'm soooo SICK of people bashing candidates, saying the world will end. This one's a Nazi.That one's a closet Muslim. That one over there once shook hands with a Grand Poobar in the KKK. The guy in the back is a traitor. The one behind the curtain is a racist...misogynist...plantation master...WHATEVER.

What happened to supporting your own candidate instead of bashing the other guy?

So juvenile.

Before the internet few people knew what corrupt, lying, puppets we have for leaders. Could you imagine JFK trying to lie to the American people today how he backed the Russians down during the Cuban Missile crisis when actually he made a deal to remove our missiles as well. What about all the women he chased around the oval office while his wife was on a pleasure cruise with a Greek billionaire? What about his drug use? Just because you are rich enough to have your doctor prescribe them doesn't mean you are not affected by their use. He was only president for a few years and you could write books on the corruption of him and his family.

We still don't care once we put our party blinders on but it is in the news every day and in our face. At least our parents had the excuse "Had I known I would never have supported that idiot." We support criminal behavior and are proud how our guy can circumvent the law and our principals. Our guy is above the law.

Do you support people coming into the US illegally?

What does Canada have to do with the number of illegal crossings with Mexico?

We all do if it is our party breaking the law. We prove that every day in this country as well as the rest of the world. We all have laws we don't enforce so when something happens we can point our crooked finger at someone else along with the blame. Of course I don't think Canada is anywhere as pathetic as we are at securing our border and enforcing our laws. 20 to 40 million law breakers currently in this country is beyond pathetic.

Charlie Pierce is as big a turd as Tommy Christopher.
You might say, a hairier turd but still a self-important full of himself turd.

If that's the most cost effective way to secure the border against illegal immigration, yes.

The point isn't the wall, or not the wall, the point is to stem the tide of illegal immigration, which has been a recurring problem for the last 30 years. About high time that something effective and cost effective be done about it.

The fifty foot wall is more a symbol of commitment to do something. In high concentration areas a secure wall/fence is necessary. Most of the wide open underpopulated areas need more patrols as well with the waters that are our border. The bottom line is we have lost all control of the people entering this country illegally. When people are breaking our laws and entering our country by the 10's of millions we are being invaded. Our military should be brought in to bring this situation under control until a permanent solution can be put in place. Then comes the process of enforcing our immigration laws and punishing those who have no respect for our laws.

Only then can we start to have a real immigration process again in this country that will again be good for this country. Our immigration process is a pathetic joke when most people entering this country are breaking our laws and criminals.

Keep that thought.

That was made at a time when companies wanted to fill their sweatshops up with cheap labor and wanted to keep wages down.

That is still the purpose behind the 40 million people illegally entered this country. The only difference is they are also used to crush the unions fighting for a livable wage, safety on the job site, and all the benefits we are losing.

There was also no welfare, no bi-lingual forms and you were pretty much on your own when you stepped foot on American soil.

Does anyone see the irony of having millions of citizens out of work on welfare and unemployment while we bring millions of people to do slave labor, in unsafe conditions, for less than minimum wage, and usually circumventing our taxes.

Besides that a poem on a French statue doesn't dictate our immigration policies.

We have no immigration policy. When you don't enforce the law you have no law.

Do you disagree with what he said here?

Mexico is not sending them here. How ever if I have criminal record in Mexico and are known in my community as a bad person who cannot find work I would head for America where I can use any name and nobody will know what I have done or who I am. Only an idiot can't see this happening. Securing our border and doing a background check is the very least we should be doing to protect the people of this country.

When a candidate supports this idea of securing our border and enforcing our laws he is called a lunatic. I think it is the other way around. The lunatic is the person who wants to reward criminals for breaking our laws and thinks not securing our border against criminals and terrorist is a good idea.

Is there one with Canada?

Nope. Which is ironic, seeing as, I've mentioned before, dozens of terrorists could easily slip into the US over the Canadian border

After all, Vancouver was the number one point of entry into the US for KGB "illegals" during the Cold War.

The article title is close to the truth.

Donald Trump's Candidicy Is a Threat to American Democrats.

That is still the purpose behind the 40 million people illegally entered this country. The only difference is they are also used to crush the unions fighting for a livable wage, safety on the job site, and all the benefits we are losing.

Does anyone see the irony of having millions of citizens out of work on welfare and unemployment while we bring millions of people to do slave labor, in unsafe conditions, for less than minimum wage, and usually circumventing our taxes.

We have no immigration policy. When you don't enforce the law you have no law.

I do. There about the same number of low unskilled workers in the US illegally as there are low unskilled legal workers drawing various types of welfare.

Mexico is not sending them here. How ever if I have criminal record in Mexico and are known in my community as a bad person who cannot find work I would head for America where I can use any name and nobody will know what I have done or who I am. Only an idiot can't see this happening. Securing our border and doing a background check is the very least we should be doing to protect the people of this country.

When a candidate supports this idea of securing our border and enforcing our laws he is called a lunatic. I think it is the other way around. The lunatic is the person who wants to reward criminals for breaking our laws and thinks not securing our border against criminals and terrorist is a good idea.

Not directly no, however it has been shown that the government has printed a pamphlet showing how to survive when crossing the Sonoran desert.

The government is not discouraging crossings either.

That is not the part of the comment that should be concentrated on anyway.

I'll just tell you what I tell my Bernie Bot "friends" who insist they will vote for Stein or sit this one out. You can stay politically "pure" if you want, but then don't whine to me when you see Trump-Pence in the White House.

Oh snap, I got called a Bernie Bot. I guess you can just ignore everything that I said.

Back
Top Bottom