• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Andrew Breitbart scores knock out vs. Liberal Protesters.

You would have missed it, if they didn't show it onscreen!!

Yes, you're right. I saw it once they zeroed in on the women and what she said. And...?

So are you literally debating semantics or are you implying that all liberals are like this? Because if I were present I could certainly name some hateful things Beck said or some lies he's told.

In your post, you attempted to both rationalize the way the protesters were depicted in the video, as well as defend the actual protest itself. You implied that selective video editing was likely responsible for the unflattering way the protesters themselves were depicted, and that this protest was no less sincere or genuine, than any other protest... ie, no different than a typical Tea Party gathering.

I wasn't implying that all liberals are like the ones depicted in that video, nor was I saying that all liberal protests were as baseless and manufactured as that protest obviously was. All I did was respond by pointing out the obvious flaws in your post.

My overall reason for starting this thread, was to point out how that anti-Beck, anti-Tea Party, anti-hate protest, ended up being everything that the left has falsely accused the Tea Party protests of being.

It was an "AstroTurf" protest gathering, organized by Obama and SEIU, where people were bussed in and given signs to hold up that they didn't even understand... It was an attempt to malign and discredit people who attended an opposing political gathering, not to, as they claim, "stop the hate" which they obviously had never actually witnessed before, except on the signs that they themselves were carrying. They claimed they were protesting against racism and bigotry, yet it was one of their people who was caught on tape using a homosexual slur against Mr. Breitbart.

It's obvious from that video that those protesters are were the phonies, the partisans, the haters, the AstroTurfers, the ones who are insincere and have the sinister motives.... not the Tea Party people as they want the public to believe.

It's called delicious irony my friend.

Singularity was straighten out by VanceMack who also got just right.

I have for a long time been saying the best way to handle the Leftist Hate mongers is truth and facts.

Rather than engage in sycophantism and empty, anti-liberal rhetoric that can easily be dismissed as partisan, you'd probably get a lot more out of debate if you are willing to present and exchange your own ideas rather than simply praise the unsound arguments of another.

Were you even watching football at the time? Rush's statement was obviously racist; everyone at the time was taken aback - not by such a blatant falsehood, but by the fact he mentioned the NFL being desirous of a BLACK quarterback doing well because of some sort of 'social concern'. I remember talking with some friends who lean to the right back then, and they were basically as shocked as anyone else. Limbaugh did not state the obvious. He let fly with a racist statement, and as a result, he was punished accordingly.

I don't listen to his radio show, but I can tell you this. It's one thing to speak his opinion in that format, but if you are going to interject racist social commentary on an NFL football program that conservatives, liberals, black, white, and etc. watch, read, or listen to, then you can expect to be punished for it. And that's exactly what happened.

First off, your claim "do you WONDER why so many of the blacks FROM this country fail while so many that come here from other countries succeed" is blatant racism. You're attempting to peg native-born black people as largely overall unsuccessful, which is not true at all. I'll allow you to retract that statement, as it was obviously typed in haste, and i'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean what you typed. But when you say such things, you aren't judging the person, you are judging the color. There is no difference between any of us, and that's exactly what Dyson pointed out. Furthermore, if you had bothered to listen to what he said rather than hurry through and offer up a half-ass defense of Breitbart getting blown out in this debate, you'd have noticed that Dyson would have agreed with you partly on one issue - that blacks as a group are just as capable of racism and the articulation of powerful notions against other black people, the same as whites as a group, or any other race if you want to compartmentalize it in such a manner. People are people, and identity politics is identity politics.

In the future, you may wish to actually listen rather than hastily bang out an unsupported defense of the person whose opinion just got obliterated.

Paint it how you want it, watch the video, and then watch Michael Irvins comments at the end.
"Rush has a point...Rush HAS a point..."

pbrauer said:
These protesters remind me of the Tea Party protestors that were organized to disrupt the town halls meetings about the healthcare system. They didn't know what they were protesting either.

Bull... Those people were not organized by anyone. They showed up of their own accord with very clear and specific grievances for their elected Representatives.

Claiming that those people were a bunch of clueless drones rounded up by the republican party to raise hell for political purposes, may make you feel better, but it doesn't change the fact it's a blatant lie. Not to mention how pathetic it makes you look for uttering such dishonest, political tripe.

You are the clueless one, Grim, you just don't know human nature very well.
There are not very many people could or willing to answer his questions on the spir of the moment.

Are you joking?

Are you seriously saying to me, that when a person believes strongly in something, so strongly in fact, that it motivates them to spend money out of their pocket to create a sign, take several hours of their day traveling to a gathering for the specific purpose of expressing those beliefs, would then choose to either not express them when asked, or not know how to express them?

Is this your honest understanding of human nature? Really? No fooling?

Where's the punch line?

Paint it how you want it, watch the video, and then watch Michael Irvins comments at the end.

If Limbaugh would have wanted to be more observant and less controversial, he could have pointed out how McNabb was barely even a mediocre quarterback, or how much he was overrated. What he shouldn't have done was exactly what he did do - claim that the NFL was determined to see McNabb succeed based on his skin color, and paint the NFL as some sort of organization as more concerned with social commentary than football games. What you're overlooking is the fact that his comments were not only out of line, but untrue. If you want to argue McNabb was a crappy quarterback, no problem! Argue away! But keep the racist commentary out of it.

But take away his comment, and you are correct - Rush does have a point. But judge the player on his talent (or lack thereof), not on his skin color.

These things happen on both sides. Aside for making for good entertainment, they don't really say much about either side, aside from the fact that idiots are on both sides.

Bull... Those people were not organized by anyone. They showed up of their own accord with very clear and specific grievances for their elected Representatives.
Claiming that those people were a bunch of clueless drones rounded up by the republican party to raise hell for political purposes, may make you feel better, but it doesn't change the fact it's a blatant lie. Not to mention how pathetic it makes you look for uttering such dishonest, political tripe.

That's pure bull****, you have your nose in Fox news you don't know what's happening. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Think Progress » Right-Wing Harassment Strategy Against Dems Detailed In Memo: ‘Yell,’ ‘Stand Up And Shout Out,’ ‘Rattle Him’

Are you joking?

Are you seriously saying to me, that when a person believes strongly in something, so strongly in fact, that it motivates them to spend money out of their pocket to create a sign, take several hours of their day traveling to a gathering for the specific purpose of expressing those beliefs, would then choose to either not express them when asked, or not know how to express them?

Is this your honest understanding of human nature? Really? No fooling?

Where's the punch line?
No joking or fooling or punch line I wouldn't give that asshole Andrew Breitbart the time of day and you wouldn't either to a person with whom you disagreed.

He was a Conservative black man attacked by SEIU thugs. He was also called things like Uncle Tom if my memory hasn't failed me.
Now that was HATE and it was coming from the people the protesters were working for.
The buses had Chicago Public School ID tags. My guess is Union.
This is a total fabrication:
Inventing tales of a union*"beating" | Media Matters for America
excerpt:
Go watch the YouTube video. (Or, the "shocking video," as Power Line hypes it.) The first thing you notice when the camera starts rolling is a union member already sprawled out on the ground with somebody standing over him. No explanation of how he got there (pushed, shoved, punched?) and Ham couldn't care less. Then yes, Gladney is pulled to the ground by somebody wearing a union shirt. (At the :06 mark.) But instead of Gladney being beaten and punched, as his attorney describes, and instead of union "thugs" standing over him and threatening him, Gladney bounces right back on his feet in approximately two seconds and the scuffle ends.

LF: Tea Party, protesters clash at Glenn Beck event (Andrew Breitbart vs Union Goons)

Let's look at what these so-called "hateful protesters" actually said:

Challenging one man carrying a “Beck lies’’ sign, Breitbart said: “Name me one lie he’s told.” “Probably hundreds,” the man responded.

“Let’s not kid ourselves — this is about racism,” Reinhart said. “It’s because we have a black man in the White House. This is about money. You have to pay $1,600 to get your picture taken with Glenn Beck. The cheapest seat in the house is $77.”

The ministers encouraged members to step away from the yellow police tape surrounding the area where they were allowed to protest and to not let Breitbart engage them. Instead, they sang “God Bless America’’ and “This Land is Your Land.”

OMG! :eek: No wonder Breitbart went off on them - such provocation! Not.

"This Land Is Your Land" Sheesh.

All this proves is it's silly to be anywhere near a shameless, narcissistic self-promoter such as Breitbart who takes pablum and tries to make it napalm.

K?

Regards from Rosie

If Limbaugh would have wanted to be more observant and less controversial, he could have pointed out how McNabb was barely even a mediocre quarterback, or how much he was overrated. What he shouldn't have done was exactly what he did do - claim that the NFL was determined to see McNabb succeed based on his skin color, and paint the NFL as some sort of organization as more concerned with social commentary than football games. What you're overlooking is the fact that his comments were not only out of line, but untrue. If you want to argue McNabb was a crappy quarterback, no problem! Argue away! But keep the racist commentary out of it.

But take away his comment, and you are correct - Rush does have a point. But judge the player on his talent (or lack thereof), not on his skin color.

Rush was hired to be on ESPN not to give brilliant football insight but to add to the program...to give commentary. He didnt CLAIM he was a crappy quarterback. He STATED he was a good investment. And if you look at McNabbs performance in those big games he had a tendency to demonstrate why he was a GOOD quaerterback...even a VERY good quarterback...just not a GREAT quarterback. All Limbaugh stated was that there were external forces invested in him succeeding because of his race. True at the time. Truth recognized by several black players including several of his teammates. Less true today because today there are several very good black quarterbacks in the game. Agree or disagree-fine...but HARDLY a 'racist' comment. If that comment was made by a Steven A Smith would it have even got an honorable mention? No. But it was blown out of proportion because Rush Limbaugh, a political commentator hired to provde a different perspective made it.

You really are an Obama disciple who has lost touch with all reality and wouldn't know the truth if it were to see it for your self.

Let's test that.

SEIU thugs did beat that black man and here's the proof: YouTube - African American man beaten by SEIU Union Thugs in St. Louis at townhall protest

By the way 6 SEIU thugs were arressted

Please notice there was a union already on the ground when the video starts. Check the Power Line link in the quoted text below.

Mary Katharine Ham wrote up an especially excited write-up at The Weekly Standard about the vicious union thugs and how Gladney was severely beaten. The only mistake Ham made was including a YouTube clip of the incident; a clip that pretty much undercuts the entire tale of run-away union violence.

Go watch the YouTube video. (Or, the "shocking video," as Power Line hypes it.) The first thing you notice when the camera starts rolling is a union member already sprawled out on the ground with somebody standing over him. No explanation of how he got there (pushed, shoved, punched?) and Ham couldn't care less. Then yes, Gladney is pulled to the ground by somebody wearing a union shirt. (At the :06 mark.) But instead of Gladney being beaten and punched, as his attorney describes, and instead of union "thugs" standing over him and threatening him, Gladney bounces right back on his feet in approximately two seconds and the scuffle ends.

That was the savage "beating" the conservative blogosphere can't stop talking about?
The only real mystery from the incident is why Tea Party member Gladney, who's seen up-close after the brief encounter walking around and talking to people and who appears to be injury-free, then decided to go to the hospital to treat injuries to his "knee, back, elbow, shoulder and face." All that from a two-second fall to the pavement?

Also unclear is why he contacted a newspaper reporter, or why his attorney wrote up lavish accounts and sent them to conservative bloggers, or why Gladney and his attorney appeared on Fox News

You really are an Obama disciple who has lost touch with all reality and wouldn't know the truth if it were to see it for your self.

Let's test that.

SEIU thugs did beat that black man and here's the proof:

By the way 6 SEIU thugs were arressted

What is that video supposed to show? I watched it, and I saw a union member on the ground, then a guy either fell down or was pushed down, then they all separated. Nobody looked hurt at all. It looked like a minor scuffle. There's DEFINITELY nobody in this video being beaten.

Remember when Brietbart said that the two black congressmen couldn't have been called the N word because it's not on tape? Well, I agreed that it probably didn't happen. And I think you have to concede that there's no proof in this video that anybody was beaten and there seems to actually be proof here that nobody was hurt.

Battling Breitbart with MediaMatters? :lamo

This is a battle to determine who is more of a brain-dead partisan at this point. You people amaze me.

This is a battle to determine who is more of a brain-dead partisan at this point. You people amaze me.

We should throw conservopedia, redstate, daily kos, and mother jones into the pile to make it even more retarded.

We should throw conservopedia, redstate, daily kos, and mother jones into the pile to make it even more retarded.
Don't give them any ideas, man! The IQ of this thread is already dropping like a stone.

Breitbart has no credibility.... where have you been??

He's a racist far-rightie.

All I see is very highly edited video of him yelling like a lunatic (his usual tact) at the crowd, then cut... no answer, cut he yells, cut no answer... cut, cut, cut... with a voice over telling us what we're supposed to see... BFG.

Get real Grim.

Look at what happens when he actually has to let someone speak...

He gets his racist ass handed to him.

"I don't know that there are code words" = what an asshole.

Laugh if you must, however they are to be reckoned with. They are not like silly-assed Newsbusters checking whether party in mentioned in news stories. Newsbusters tries to prove the media is liberal by cherry-picking stories, anybody could win at that game.

Why is MM brain dead?

Countering evil with evil. That always works well...

Back
Top Bottom