• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

An example of Feminazi in action

Or there actually are women in this world who hate it when men do anything nice to them because they feel like it makes them inferior. :shrug:

Don't let the idiots set the rules. We have far too much of that these days. It's better to be polite and rejected than not. Only a *****, irony intentional, won't do the polite thing for fear of it being rejected.

The standards were written for men. They didn't even think about women at the time, and women aren't men now are they? You don't have to meet the same standards when the standards were written to exclude people in the first place.

Wow, that is a wonderfully big claim you're making there. Show me proof that they were written to exclude people and not actually get the job done.

It's the hero fireman nonsense that is the problem, not the standards. No one should expect a stranger to risk their life by rushing into a burning building to try and save you, and the standards have to adjust for the tradeoffs of the sexes working together, He lifts more, she lifts for longer.

So, she can hold less weight for longer. Ok, I guess that is kind of helpful? Maybe? What will I use her for?

He's faster on the run, she's able to keep track of more things at once.

Yes, men are singular minded which allows them to think faster and more on the spot. Like it or not that is superior in these types of situations.

He's taller and might get stuck while she's smaller and can tunnel through.

So you want to tunnel through something on fire? Ok.

Just because we set the standard doesn't mean we set it correctly, especially when it was for men and there were no women to account for. Changing that is appropriate, not unfair. It's unfair, and stupid, not to.

What is fairness exactly?

If I had to fight a war with only women I could, I just wouldn't design weapons that you needed GI Joe on steroids to carry into battle.

Ok, so go start an army of only women and use weapons designed for women. You might find out a few things about war you didn't take into account.

I use that term time to time when we're discussing feminism. . .and I always state something like "while I am a feminist, feminazism irritates me" . . . and people go 'hunh?' - Because it doesn't make sense.

Only when you find a good example can you explain yourself.

My good example: Authoring guidelines for a feminist publishing company. Writers Guidelines

As if declaring themselves to be 'strong feminists' isn't enough - they took every word that has 'his' or 'men' and changed it to be feminine sounding.

"Womyn"
"Herstory"
"Writehers"

That - isn't cute, clever, snazzy, or cool. That - is just annoying. I won't be publishing any of my works with a supposed publishing company who plays with words to that annoying degree when claiming I, as a writer, need to be vigilant.

It would be equally annoying if a male minded website wrote "wethim" and so on.

So, would they be pleased if I referred to them as being more than a bit herstrionic, here?

Wow. The 'crazier fringe' of Feminism?

Is that like, a particularly unhinged Islamist suicide bomber? Like, one who's disavowed by his/her fellows for being too extreme?

You needn't have looked to accentuate elements of what is already an extremist political fringe.

Yeah, actually it is. There are feminists out there who want to cull the male herd to about 10% of the population and use them only as slave breeding stock for the superior female race. I wish I could say I was kidding, but I'm not.

"With that being said..."

"At the end of the day..."
"Early on..." "Exact same..." The list is endless and annoying. When H. W. Bush said "Earlier rather than later..." it established a precedent that's repeated even now. You'd think that for people who ostensibly use language as the main tool in their trade, they'd be a little more original and thoughtful rather than simply repeating such stuff mindlessly.

I'm with moot. Not quite Feminazi. Femidumb. Maybe brought on by femihitleryouth?

To me, feminazis are just man hating lesbians who don't yet realize they're lesbians. But seriously, I knew a few in college, and I had a friend who was borderline, who hung out with the few I knew in college. Ultimate difference between my friend who was borderline, and the few who were not? She had much stronger reasoning. As in, she could see that what a Feminazi really wants wouldn't end up being what a Feminazi really wants.

Well - It brings to mind the measures taken recently in another state where they're moving to remove all gender references from the law-books - words like penmanship and mankind, etc, will all be replaced in their legislation. I consider that type of attitude about things to be excessive. Excessive means in which feminism is presented is feminazism. The language alteration is just one good example. Apparently, if people think it's moot, that's because it's under the radar of major concerns. . . until it hits the legislators as a bill. (Like it just did).

It seems dumb - but when people are adverse to using words that have been in place for centuries - it's a serious issue.

I use that term time to time when we're discussing feminism. . .and I always state something like "while I am a feminist, feminazism irritates me" . . . and people go 'hunh?' - Because it doesn't make sense.

My good example: Authoring guidelines for a feminist publishing company. Writers Guidelines

As if declaring themselves to be 'strong feminists' isn't enough - they took every word that has 'his' or 'men' and changed it to be feminine sounding.

"Womyn"
"Herstory"
"Writehers"

That - isn't cute, clever, snazzy, or cool. That - is just annoying. I won't be publishing any of my works with a supposed publishing company who plays with words to that annoying degree when claiming I, as a writer, need to be vigilant.

When I was in college, there was going to be a performance of something called "What About Black Womyn?" Everytime I saw a flyer, I crossed out the "y" and put an "e." Sorry, that's the English language.

I reallly hate the term "feminazi" though.

feminazi_term_fail_by_party9999999-d57ld7e.png

It's all for show. The non-dyke ones usually fizzle out and assume their roles - making sandwiches for men, massaging their feet, and giving blowjobs on command.

The dyke ones grow up single and get jobs on The View.

The "standards" were written for men. You don't have to be a power-lifter to put out fires and save lives now do you?

To lift and carry unconscious persons that might weigh 200 lbs or more out of burning buildings, you actually kind of do.

I don't think there are lot of women out there who could keep up with the physical strain required of the average firefighter (carrying heavy hoses and equipment up and down ladders as fast as humanly possible, hacking through walls and doors with heavy axes, etca).

There are certain lines of work that simply aren't really suited for the feminine physique.

I think of the word "feminazi" when a man holds open a door for her and she refuses to go in saying "I can open my own door, you know!" Oy.

Thankfully, I live in the South, where that kind of common courtesy is still more or less expected of men. :2razz:

The "standards" were written for men. You don't have to be a power-lifter to put out fires and save lives now do you?

The standards were written for the job.

Men and women have lost more than's been gained by two-income families being the norm.

That is true, it's made it a lot tougher on families. That being said, my dream job is stay-at-home-dad.

"Womyn"
"Herstory"
"Writehers"

I pretty much write off anyone who uses the word 'womyn' as a kook. It doesn't matter who they are, what they're advocating, or how rational they might sound at that moment, chances are they're a fruitcake.

I reallly hate the term "feminazi" though.

feminazi_term_fail_by_party9999999-d57ld7e.png

Because these feminists don't wish for an even worse atrocity?

“The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race.” — Sally Miller Gearhart, in The Future – If There Is One – Is Female.

“The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness…can be trained to do most things.” — Jilly Cooper, member of SCUM (Society for Cutting Up Men)

“I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig.” — Andrea Dworkin

We can go on and on and on...

Hey, watch these people for yourself!

Because these feminists don't wish for an even worse atrocity?

“The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race.” — Sally Miller Gearhart, in The Future – If There Is One – Is Female.

“The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness…can be trained to do most things.” — Jilly Cooper, member of SCUM (Society for Cutting Up Men)

“I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig.” — Andrea Dworkin

We can go on and on and on...

Hey, watch these people for yourself!

They're jokes. They exist so men can laugh at them, and so we don't have to make our own sandwiches.

I understand the point of it, but it becomes largely irrelevant. To me, it just seemed more useful when Joan Scott said "his story" in order to point out that the historical discipline had tossed aside women or used tokenism in historical writing. It's also a good way to show "see, you don't have to phrase or arrange it this way. You can do this instead!" and maybe highlight some grander gender orientation. Language change is frequently too abstract in comparison with legal or many other social changes that groups can accomplish.

"Womyn"
"Herstory"
"Writehers"

Sounds like their issues go a little further than just wanting equality. Perhaps they had overbearing/abusive fathers or something like that, don't know, but to not even be able to write the word "man" is kind of silly.

Yeah, actually it is. There are feminists out there who want to cull the male herd to about 10% of the population and use them only as slave breeding stock for the superior female race. I wish I could say I was kidding, but I'm not.
Doesn't surprise me, dude. Did you hear about the Feminazi who wanted to prohibit men from standing up while they take a piss, on the grounds that it's a celebration of masculinity? :lamo :lamo :lamo :lamo

There is no facepalm dramatic enough.

The usual rank and file Feminazis just run around doing damage limitation. As if to convince us that such sentiments are somehow unrepresentative. The more outspoken ones are the only ones I trust, being completely honest about their intentions. The majority are at least smart enough to play it down in public.

They're jokes. They exist so men can laugh at them, and so we don't have to make our own sandwiches.

They don't think they're jokes.

The funny thing about this is, unless you do more than just have massive population control, the sex that becomes a significant minority in a given location would be given a large chunk of social power as a result of being able to pick and choose mates as they please. :p

We already do that! Mwa-ha-ha!

Back
Top Bottom