• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alaska Woman Says Feds Searched Home for Pelosi's Laptop

I had cousins who were fraternal twins. To most people, they looked so different that some didn't even know they were related. There was always that 10% or so that could never tell them apart. Very strange.
Fraternal twins are not going to look any more alike than other siblings. I have one sister (4 years younger) who looks so different from me that people at a bar we hung out in in Hawaii thought we were a couple before they thought "oh, sisters". I have another sister (8 years younger) who looks so much like me that we have gone to places and been mistaken for twins. Heck, they both came aboard my ship for a family cruise and the one was actually mistaken for me. One of the girls in my berthing was just sitting in the lounge having a conversation with her as if she were me, until I came into the lounge and she was completely confused.

But then again, around Christmas I was in Costco and there was this guy about 10-20 feet away who I heard say "who does that look like?", and it caught my attention, so I turned to see him talking to a little girl in his cart and they both were looking at me. She yells "Mommy!". I thought "huh, I must look like her mom". Then I walked away to find my MIL and a few minutes later I saw this woman who was about my height, same hair color and length, similar build, even wearing similar clothing (we both had masks on so couldn't see much features). I thought, "I see 'Mommy!'.".

People see and even focus on different features of others. It can help to explain why some people aren't always great at remembering faces while others are really good at it.

People don't put on more clothes, carry perhaps another shirt to layer where you are?
No. No human being I’ve ever met does that.

No, you didn't, and that is the problem. You used 7 bullet points to try and convince yourself of the answer you want to be true and then you avoid talking about the feature that is clear and easy to identify because those don't fit what you want to believe.

And all in defense of a no knock warrant based on extremely common physical characteristics.

Like I said, your defense of this warrant is like defending busting down the door of a black man looking for a shooting suspect because the resident has black skin, a broad nose and an afro, and owns a nike hoodie just like the photo of the shooter. :rolleyes:
So you were wrong to say that I missed the ears is what you’re saying.

I haven't seen mismatched ears, only partially concealed ones that couldn't be excluded.

I haven't seen mismatched ears, only partially concealed ones that couldn't be excluded.
It’s obviously a meaningful thing, but I couldn’t say more until I saw one good shot from a better angle. The riot pic is 3/4 which makes it easy to see the detached lobe. But the only in-focus shots are frontal.

You were intellectually dishonest to hand wave the and bury the evidence that didn't fit your desired narrative.

Does the lady in Alaska have attached or detached earlobes? And what about the women in the Capitol photo? Why do you assert that the earlobes don't matter?

You were intellectually dishonest to hand wave the and bury the evidence that didn't fit your desired narrative.

Does the lady in Alaska have attached or detached earlobes? And what about the women in the Capitol photo? Why do you assert that the earlobes don't matter?
Or you're just a lazy reader.

Or you're just a lazy reader.
Not as lazy as you are a dishonest writer. You still won't answer the question because you know what you did.

Not as lazy as you are a dishonest writer. You still won't answer the question because you know what you did.
If you weren't such a lazy reader you'd already know that I answered that clearly.

The truth is that this post was most likely already too long for you to get through.

If you weren't such a lazy reader you'd already know that I answered that clearly.

The truth is that this post was most likely already too long for you to get through.
No, you didn't answer the question. You avoided the question.

So if you answered it, tell me where you answered why you think the earlobes are different....

No, you didn't answer the question. You avoided the question.

So if you answered it, tell me where you answered why you think the earlobes are different....
Read the thread.

The truth was that you bullet pointed what you though helped your cause and buried a hand waving dismissal of what doesn't fit your narrative. You know what you did.

People see and even focus on different features of others. It can help to explain why some people aren't always great at remembering faces while others are really good at it.
Yes, I look at the two pictures and it is very clearly not the same woman. Different eyes, different hairline, different chin... but apparently the FBI special agent in charge went to the judge claiming 100% certainty that she had the right woman.

She literally ordered a nighttime raid with a dozen officers - guns blazing - no knock(?), busted through the door - and walked away without an arrest. It's a major screwup of the type that has resulted in people being killed.

All for a "laptop just used for presentations and zoom calls and such"? Something doesn't smell right.

If you did it you can tell me the post where you did it.
If you were too lazy to see it (twice!) the first time around, you'd be too lazy to see it the second time around.

I don't expend my energy for lazy readers.

If you were too lazy to see it (twice!) the first time around, you'd be too lazy to see it again.
You should be able to easily provide the evidence since you know where it is... and yet....

Yes, I look at the two pictures and it is very clearly not the same woman. Different eyes, different hairline, different chin... but apparently the FBI special agent in charge went to the judge claiming 100% certainty that she had the right woman.

She literally ordered a nighttime raid with a dozen officers - guns blazing - no knock(?), busted through the door - and walked away without an arrest. It's a major screwup of the type that has resulted in people being killed.

All for a "laptop just used for presentations and zoom calls and such"? Something doesn't smell right.
Hueper said the woman in the picture looked like her.

Of all the arguments against Hueper being the woman in the picture, I find her behavior in the article to be the most compelling. Of course there's only so much you can get from a single quote in an article, but I just got a sense that her statement was made in good faith.

But just a note for everybody who insists that the two don't look alike: Hueper herself says that the woman in the picture looks like her.

Of all the arguments against Hueper being the woman in the picture, I find her behavior in the article to be the most compelling. Of course there's only so much you can get from a single quote in an article, but I just got a sense that her statement was made in good faith.

But just a note for everybody who insists that the two don't look alike: Hueper herself says that the woman in the picture looks like her.
She said it looked 'like her' but not the same, and pointed out several differences.

She said it looked 'like her' but not the same, and pointed out several differences.
Yes, the sweater, we know. Because people change their sweaters throughout the day, you'll forgive us for not finding that an especially compelling argument.

But the fact remains that you also gave other reasons, like that the jawline and hairline are different. And let's be honest, you don't know what you mean when you say that. If a person didn't look like you, you wouldn't say that the person looked like you.

If you show me a picture of Christian Bale, rest assured that my response isn't going to be that he looks like me, aside from our different sweaters.

Trump supporters believe the results of the election should have been investigated. Need to pick at least one of the questionable voting districts, and count and examine the ballots. And the results can be proven or disproven. Al Gore back in the day claimed he won Florida and therefore the election. They recounted all the votes in Florida and proved that Bush won.

Trump dead ender will keep on asking that question until they’re told what they want to hear.

Oh, and Florida was never fully recounted.

She did, and why would she do that if, by your assertion, she knew it was her? And since when do we do no-knock warrants on citizens because they look similar to a criminal? :rolleyes:

There is a mountain of evidence against her being the woman in the photo, not the least of which being a complete lack of a criminal record. What you defend is the use of dangerous no-knock warrants on superficial similarities.

She mentioned that the woman wears a similar jacket, too... something that you already dismissed with your Clark Kent analogy. But regardless we shouldn't be arresting people, especially busting their door down on a no-knock warrant, because she looks like a suspect in a photo. Again, you'd likely strongly oppose these police tactics in any case where you aren't politically biased towards the suspect.

She is also not what anyone might consider a unique looking person. You attend any rural PTA meeting and you'll meet 12 women who look like her, especially if the lineup is going off of blurry photos.

Yes, the sweater, we know. Because people change their sweaters throughout the day, you'll forgive us for not finding that an especially compelling argument.

But the fact remains that you also gave other reasons, like that the jawline and hairline are different. And let's be honest, you don't know what you mean when you say that. If a person didn't look like you, you wouldn't say that the person looked like you.

If you show me a picture of Christian Bale, rest assured that my response isn't going to be that he looks like me, aside from our different sweaters.
The jawline and earlobes are very different. Hairstyle is a little different, as well as color/highlights.

People don't 'change throughout the day' at a single event. Put on or take off a jacket - sure. But change shirts and scarves? Put on earrings and take off a mask?

Just because someone says they look similar to another person doesn't mean they look exactly the same.

She did, and why would she do that if, by your assertion, she knew it was her?
Yes, and I found the manner in which she responded to be in good faith. But to people who think that Hueper and the woman in the picture don’t resemble each other, a person who disagrees with you is Marilyn Hueper.

Back
Top Bottom