• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alaska Woman Says Feds Searched Home for Pelosi's Laptop

dcsports

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Federal agents served a search warrant at a boutique resort in Homer, Alaska, saying they were looking for a laptop stolen from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office during the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, one of the Homer Inn and Spa owners said. Agents on Wednesday confiscated laptop computers and a cellphone, owner Marilyn Hueper said. A cellphone belonging to her husband, Paul Hueper, was also forensically audited by agents but not confiscated, she said.

The couple attended then-President Donald Trump’s rally in Washington on the day of the insurrection but denied entering the Capitol.

When agents arrived at their living quarters at the resort on Wednesday, she said agents told her she probably knew why they were there. “I was like, ‘Yeah, no, not really,’” she told Kenai radio station KSRM. The Huepers did not immediately return a message The Associated Press left on the resort’s phone Friday. “And they said, ‘Well, we’re here for Nancy Pelosi’s laptop.’ And I said, ‘Oh, so it was stolen and it’s at large, good to know. I thought maybe it was just conspiracy theory, so thanks for the intel,’” she said.

Pelosi’s deputy chief of staff, Drew Hammill, confirmed Jan. 8 that a laptop was taken from a conference room but said “it was a laptop that was only used for presentations.”

This really does make the FBI look pretty foolish.

Huepers.jpg

January-6-woman-768x930.jpg

Not really close.

How so???

I know from personal experience that the FBI does not move until they n b ave solid Intel.

I'm willing to bet these people are in some way involved in that theft...
Does that look like the same woman to you?

How so???

I know from personal experience that the FBI does not move until they n b ave solid Intel.

I'm willing to bet these people are in some way involved in that theft...

Oh I think their handling of the Russian collusion probe disproves that silly theory.

Obviously the OP used a very out of date picture for identification, wonder why that is.
? The OP doesn't have a picture in it.

? The OP doesn't have a picture in it.
You're the OP. Your second post provides the picture you didn't include in the first post.

I personally think traveling from alaska to dc to listen to trump is pretty foolish. Just saying.
I wouldn't do it - but I don't like political speeches. Some people take advantage of an even to take a trip, or be a part of history. Does that mean they should be detained and have their computers seized?

You're the OP. Your second post provides the picture you didn't include in the first post.
I'm the original post? OK.

I included pictures from a news article that included them. For some reason the USA today article didn't. Post #6 used pictures taken on the same day. Do they look the same?

I included pictures from a news article that included them. For some reason the USA today article didn't. Post #6 used pictures taken on the same day. Do they look the same?

Yes, and it's similar enough to justify what the FBI did.

Stop apologizing for the insurrectionists. Stop attacking the FBI. It's embarrassing.

OP can mean many things, depending on the context. You were close, but just couldn't make yourself put the E-R on the end of it. The person who creates the thread is called "the OP", which can also refer to the first post in the thread. I'm only talking about your choice of picture. Can you see the resemblance in the pictures I posted better than yours?

Maybe they should get a lawyer and find out what the FBI submitted to the court to get the warrant for the search?
We all know that the FBI has lied to federal courts before to include the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.

Yes, and it's similar enough to justify what the FBI did.

Stop apologizing for the insurrectionists. Stop attacking the FBI. It's embarrassing.
No, it's really not. A photo of someone who looks a little like her and the fact she attended Trump's speech (with her husband)? We should expect more from our government. The way the FBI, DOJ, and other agencies are handling the investigation of the 1/6 event is embarrassing.

Stop gaslighting. If these people went to a speech and never entered the capitol (like tens of thousands of others), they aren't insurrectionists.

I wouldn't do it - but I don't like political speeches. Some people take advantage of an even to take a trip, or be a part of history. Does that mean they should be detained and have their computers seized?
Huh? How did you come up with this gem of a statement?

OP can mean many things, depending on the context. You were close, but just couldn't make yourself put the E-R on the end of it. The person who creates the thread is called "the OP", which can also refer to the first post in the thread. I'm only talking about your choice of picture. Can you see the resemblance in the pictures I posted better than yours?
lol. If you say so. It's easier to use the more common terminology.

On the pictures you posted... no. Do you think she changed ears, hair color / style, jawline, and clothes at the capital mall? Took off her mask and put on a sweater before entering the building?

Back
Top Bottom