• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alabama Chief Justice Moore suspended for rejecting legalization of same-sex marriage

Re: Alabama Chief Justice Moore suspended for rejecting legalization of same-sex marr

Flush.

Are you going to seek a safe zone now?

What would the safe zone be?

Re: Alabama Chief Justice Moore suspended for rejecting legalization of same-sex marr

Vile cursing. Deep down in the gutter cursing. There's a difference between a little profanity and a tirade and tsunami of foul, nasty gutter cursing. That's nothing to be proud of.

And how sad for you trying to defend it.

Have fun they don't cuss:

Well not to much

Vile cursing. Deep down in the gutter cursing. There's a difference between a little profanity and a tirade and tsunami of foul, nasty gutter cursing. That's nothing to be proud of.

And how sad for you trying to defend it.

Do the Gospels forbid cursing? There isn't really a clear prohibition in the Torah, though its mentioned in the Talmud.

For unlawful carnal knowledge is not a curse. I find it odd that it was unlawful. If you go back far enough it seems that heterosexual sexual activity was against the law.

As for the Judge; Kick him in the nads and bless his heart.

Flush.

Are you going to seek a safe zone now?

It took you a whole day to come up with that? Pray for better ability to reply.

1)Well, back at you then - show me the scriptures of Jesus that say we cannot push for Biblical laws and values in our government?
2)You are, in effect, defending or legitimizing carnality (gay sex sin) when you vote for people like Obama and the Democrats.
3)"When I say to the wicked, ‘You wicked person, you will surely die,’ and you do not speak out to dissuade them from their ways, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. 9 But if you do warn the wicked person to turn from their ways and they do not do so, they will die for their sin, though you yourself will be saved." - Ezekiel 33
4)Good Christians and friends warn their neighbors about the coming Judgment. They don't sit back on their couches and let the carnal-minded trot down the path to perdition without a word of warning.

How about judge not lest ye be.... or render unto Caesar... how about our Constitution (created by 'christian' founders when it suits) that bars the establishment of religious government... how about eliminating religious tests to be in a government position

More radical religious mish-mash. I'm defending FREE WILL- the out the radical religious types use to 'explain' why a just and Loving God allows pedophiles to molest and murder children. There are going to be gay folks no matter who occupies the Oval Office and we will still have a Constitution no matter what party runs the government.

Ezekiel is OLD TESTEMENT- Hebraic law not quoting Jesus, the basis for CHRISTIAN teachings... :roll:
Now if you read the text it saying NOTHING about trying to use laws or force to stop 'wicked' people- just warn them... I do believe gays know they have been 'warned'.... :2wave:

Again- warning versus laws to 'punish' gays... sorry my radical religious friend but what the RR is doing is attempting to force their religious moral code on a SECULAR nation and force ALL of us to obey their religion...

NOT gonna happen in a Secular Constitutional Republic... :peace

How about judge not lest ye be.... or render unto Caesar... how about our Constitution (created by 'christian' founders when it suits) that bars the establishment of religious government... how about eliminating religious tests to be in a government position

More radical religious mish-mash. I'm defending FREE WILL- the out the radical religious types use to 'explain' why a just and Loving God allows pedophiles to molest and murder children. There are going to be gay folks no matter who occupies the Oval Office and we will still have a Constitution no matter what party runs the government.

Ezekiel is OLD TESTEMENT- Hebraic law not quoting Jesus, the basis for CHRISTIAN teachings... :roll:
Now if you read the text it saying NOTHING about trying to use laws or force to stop 'wicked' people- just warn them... I do believe gays know they have been 'warned'.... :2wave:

Again- warning versus laws to 'punish' gays... sorry my radical religious friend but what the RR is doing is attempting to force their religious moral code on a SECULAR nation and force ALL of us to obey their religion...

NOT gonna happen in a Secular Constitutional Republic... :peace

You need to get a grip on your secular nonsense.

Before you folks get too cocky over your beliefs regarding a secular government, you should understand the following, which was written as part of the majority ruling in the below-referenced case:

In the landmark case School District of Abington Township v. Schempp, the U.S. Supreme Court recognized that "the State may not establish a 'religion of secularism' in the sense of affirmatively opposing or showing hostility to religion, thus 'preferring those who believe in no religion over those who do believe." - Sch. Dist. of Abington Twp. v. Schempp, 374 U.S. 203, 225 (1963)

Glad to help you out there, buddy!

You need to get a grip on your secular nonsense. Before you folks get too cocky over your beliefs regarding a secular government, you should understand the following, which was written as part of the majority ruling in the below-referenced case: In the landmark case School District of Abington Township v. Schempp, the U.S. Supreme Court recognized that "the State may not establish a 'religion of secularism' in the sense of affirmatively opposing or showing hostility to religion, thus 'preferring those who believe in no religion over those who do believe." - Sch. Dist. of Abington Twp. v. Schempp, 374 U.S. 203, 225 (1963) Glad to help you out there, buddy!

Aww now you are TRULY spinning the truth away from fact- the ruling you cite was to block school sponsored reading of the Bible as they ruled it to be unconstitutional. (8-1 vote btw)

You quote the DISSENT opinion of justice Stewart (it means the opinion that lost in the decision) :doh

Once again you dodge the issues we discuss to attempt to claim something that simply isn't true...

So sorry my radical religious friend- you are misrepresenting the facts to bolster a position not even the Bible can support... even your own quotes work against you...

Stop digging... logic usually means sticking with the truth... :peace

Aww now you are TRULY spinning the truth away from fact- the ruling you cite was to block school sponsored reading of the Bible as they ruled it to be unconstitutional. (8-1 vote btw)

You quote the DISSENT opinion of justice Stewart (it means the opinion that lost in the decision) :doh

In your dreams.

Justice Clark wrote that quote as part of the majority opinion. Justice Potter Stewart was the lone dissenter.

Once again you dodge the issues we discuss to attempt to claim something that simply isn't true...

So sorry my radical religious friend- you are misrepresenting the facts to bolster a position not even the Bible can support... even your own quotes work against you...

Stop digging... logic usually means sticking with the truth... :peace

You're busted again. Radical progressive beliefs are in direct conflict with traditional American values.

He's triggered. He needs his safe space.

yeah i think there's a religion forum for that with special protections. His problem is no one will go near it for that reason

What would the safe zone be?

obviously S&S so he can bash you there instead, or religion forum where you can't fight back at all

yeah i think there's a religion forum for that with special protections. His problem is no one will go near it for that reason

I seldom go there myself. Unlike the real world 'safe zone' wussies, I don't need special protections.

It took you a whole day to come up with that? Pray for better ability to reply.

Maybe he thought that watching a "Mama's Family" rerun was a better use of his time and waited until he absolutely had nothing better to do.

Maybe he thought that watching a "Mama's Family" rerun was a better use of his time and waited until he absolutely had nothing better to do.

More than likely you don't have a clue about that.

In the context of the paragraph from which Justice Clark's words are quoted, we can see that the religious proponents are wrong when they try to use Abington Township School District v. Schempp to support their case for religious instruction and practices in public schools

We agree of course that the State may not establish a "religion of secularism" in the sense of affirmatively opposing or showing hostility to religion, thus "preferring those who believe in no religion over those who do believe." We do not agree, however, that this decision in any sense has that effect. In addition, it might well be said that one’s education is not complete without a study of comparative religion or the history of religion and its relationship to the advancement of civilization. It certainly may be said that the Bible is worthy of study for its literary and historic qualities. Nothing we have said here indicates that such study of the Bible or of religion, when presented objectively as part of a secular program of education, may not be effected consistently with the First Amendment. But the exercises here do not fall into those categories. They are religious exercises, required by the States in violation of the command of the First Amendment that the Government maintain strict neutrality, neither aiding nor opposing religion.

In the context of the paragraph from which Justice Clark's words are quoted, we can see that the religious proponents are wrong when they try to use Abington Township School District v. Schempp to support their case for religious instruction and practices in public schools

Hoist with your own petard:

"that the Government maintain strict neutrality, neither aiding nor opposing religion."

"nor opposing"!

Who is advocating a theocracy? And your homework on the similarities between Christians and the Taliban is overdue.

He never compared all Christians to the Taliban. He was comparing the single purported beliefs of a single poster to that of the Taliban, which really are quite similar. Most Christians would not support such a thing, just as most Muslims don't support the Taliban and their ways.

He never compared all Christians to the Taliban. He was comparing the single purported beliefs of a single poster to that of the Taliban, which really are quite similar. Most Christians would not support such a thing, just as most Muslims don't support the Taliban and their ways.

Hes a big boy. If he wants to use childish smears like Talibornagain, let him defend it. You covering up for him only tarnishes your credibility.

I respect this man's decision..

Strangely, even your hero Trump recognizes that gay marriage is legal.

Hes a big boy. If he wants to use childish smears like Talibornagain, let him defend it. You covering up for him only tarnishes your credibility.

I'm pointing out how ridiculous your argument was. You whine all you want, but he didn't compare all Christians to the Taliban, only certain specific ones (or in this case, specific one).

I'm pointing out how ridiculous your argument was. You whine all you want, but he didn't compare all Christians to the Taliban, only certain specific ones (or in this case, specific one).

MY argument is ridiculous? What was my argument? I criticized him for his use of the childish smear Talibornagain. Maybe you just ought to pay attention rather than butt in and defend idiocy on the part of other posters. He uses the term all the time and I call him on it whenever I see it. You want to defend it, be my guest. Lay out the similarities between the Taliban and born again Christians. Like I said, there goes your credibility.

MY argument is ridiculous? What was my argument? I criticized him for his use of the childish smear Talibornagain. Maybe you just ought to pay attention rather than butt in and defend idiocy on the part of other posters. He uses the term all the time and I call him on it whenever I see it. You want to defend it, be my guest. Lay out the similarities between the Taliban and born again Christians. Like I said, there goes your credibility.

It is referring to a very specific type of Christians, with a play on words, but which still doesn't include all of those types of Christians who are "born again". Again, a ridiculous argument because he wasn't referring to all Christians nor all born again Christians, just specific types of Christians who want to see us living under a Christian based legal system, much like the Taliban.

Childish? No...its insightful, sorry you can't get it. That is your problem.

lol no one has authority over him apparently. He'll be saying that even as guards physically restrain him from entering the courthouse. It's a formality at this point

and i'm not aware of a single probate judge who has followed his orders in defiance of the supreme court. They know too would be removed and held in contempt

i'm sure he'll be voted right back in by his fellow talibornagains in alabama just like the last time he was removed. This is why no judge should be elected. His ravings sound indistinguishable from a southern hick preacher

people wonder why the south gets laughed at

Back
Top Bottom