• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Alabama Chief Justice Moore suspended for rejecting legalization of same-sex marriage

Re: Alabama Chief Justice Moore suspended for rejecting legalization of same-sex marr

Got a flash for you, sport - it will be happening following the 2nd Coming. And those who engage in and support illicit gay sex sin and refuse to repent will be cast into the Lake of Fire (Revelation 21:8, Romans 1, etc.).

Oh look, you are making your god a hitman, and getting all moist at the thought of your compassionate god torturing everyone. Seriously..is that what you need to keep believing? How sad.

Re: Alabama Chief Justice Moore suspended for rejecting legalization of same-sex marr

As opposed to the current liberal mentality that goes back to Sodom and Gomorrah?

Nonsense. But I can feel the hatred from others in this thread, that's for sure.

How do you know who I easily sit with? As for adultery there are often innocent parties in those relationships, and divorcing one who is an adulterer is no sins (Matthew 19:9).

Do you discriminate against those who engage in pedophilia?

Well, your version of Christianity embraces perverse lifestyles, and you don't like it.

How cliche'!
Where does the reference to pedofilia come from? You trying for shock effect or do you hate them too?

In the end, you have no right in any book in God's universe to judge another human being. Period.

And your attempt to advance your middle ages ideas and phobias is disgusting. You're the kind of Christian who gives Jesus a bad name, judging others while forgetting "let he who has not sinned.."

A number of prominent founding fathers would disagree with you.

In addition, last time I checked there wasn't overwhelming support for the whims of secular hedonism.

Simply false. Most of the founding fathers were at most deists. A huge foundation to our nation is that their would be no nation religion. Basing your laws on what the Bible says is wrong, is against the Constitution.

Got a flash for you, sport - it will be happening following the 2nd Coming. And those who engage in and support illicit gay sex sin and refuse to repent will be cast into the Lake of Fire (Revelation 21:8, Romans 1, etc.).

So in your Bible, there was a man named David, who God apparently loved. This man committed murder and well as adultery and many other sins. Yet, he is one of the most beloved in the Bible. Is he also going to hell for what he did?

I mean let's be honest here. The only reason David was "beloved" was because the Bible is made up, and he was the king of the people that wrote it. His sins are forgiven because he was a Jew. Anyone outside of the Jewish religion was considered a heathen and a gentile, who God told to kill. The funny part is, if we changed the title of the book to the Quran or said it was from another holy book, you would laugh and say that its not true. And that everyone that believes it is going to hell. It doesn't take much to change around these cavemen stories, you just happen to believe the one that is most common among America and Europe. The simple fact of the matter is, your religious prophet(assuming you are Christian) dwelt with sinners and showed you hypocrites how to actually deal with other humans. Not that you would be interested in that, since modern Christianity is just a scam for money and a political force for the Republicans.

Have you never read the Bible? According to Jesus there are no 'good' people, only God. And the moral law of God condemns gay sex sin. You folks want to try to defend illicit carnality then that's the nail in your coffins.

Again no quotes, just YOUR opinion. Remember my radical religious friend there are many prohibitions mentioned in the Old Testament- the Hebraic part of the good book. Quote Jesus saying a 'good christian' must deny the laws of the land to others to obey God and His/Her law???

As a PERSONAL religion yes you should obey God's law but NONE of us obey them all. It is however against the teachings of Jesus to attempt to block secular law and the rights of others citing God's law. (That whole render thing that puts Caesar first)

I don't defend any carnality- but I do defend freewill- (the same 'out' good christians use to explain how God can allow E-vile acts)

Let God judge when the time comes- we are repeatedly admonished from attempting to do God's job on earth and prohibited from knowing his grand design. I know many self proclaimed shepards think they must force others to toe their moral line- but that isn't what God asks of us...

According to Jesus we are to keep our own house in order and help others (not force others) follow the path to salvation... :peace

Well, I give you an F minus for the merit and effort.

You have no credentials to grade anyone since you have proven to be uneducated on pretty much all topics.

For future reference, Slick, do not preach to me, it is obvious that you are not qualified. I would wish you a happy life, but you seem too angry for that to happen, keep reading that Bible, you might yet get the actual message and find some peace one day. Good Day.:2wave:

“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

― George Carlin

Simply false. Most of the founding fathers were at most deists.

Nonsense.

"How widespread was deism among America’s Founding Fathers?

Dr. M. E. Bradford of the University of Dallas conducted a study of the Founding Founders to look at this question (whether the Founding Fathers were deists or Christians). He discovered the Founders were members of denominations as follows: twenty-eight Episcopalians, eight Presbyterians, seven Congregationalists, two Lutherans, two Dutch Reformed, two Methodists, two Roman Catholics, and three deists." – Reference: M. E. Bradford, A Worthy Company: Brief Lives of the Framers of the United States Constitution (Marlborough, NH: Plymouth Rock Foundation, 1982), iv–v.

https://righterreport.com/2014/06/15/were-the-founding-fathers-deists/

How cliche'!
Where does the reference to pedofilia come from? You trying for shock effect or do you hate them too?

In the end, you have no right in any book in God's universe to judge another human being. Period.

And your attempt to advance your middle ages ideas and phobias is disgusting. You're the kind of Christian who gives Jesus a bad name, judging others while forgetting "let he who has not sinned.."

Go tell it to someone who buys into your nonsense postings.

So in your Bible, there was a man named David, who God apparently loved. This man committed murder and well as adultery and many other sins. Yet, he is one of the most beloved in the Bible. Is he also going to hell for what he did?

I mean let's be honest here. The only reason David was "beloved" was because the Bible is made up, and he was the king of the people that wrote it. His sins are forgiven because he was a Jew. Anyone outside of the Jewish religion was considered a heathen and a gentile, who God told to kill. The funny part is, if we changed the title of the book to the Quran or said it was from another holy book, you would laugh and say that its not true. And that everyone that believes it is going to hell. It doesn't take much to change around these cavemen stories, you just happen to believe the one that is most common among America and Europe. The simple fact of the matter is, your religious prophet(assuming you are Christian) dwelt with sinners and showed you hypocrites how to actually deal with other humans. Not that you would be interested in that, since modern Christianity is just a scam for money and a political force for the Republicans.

You're one of the reasons why so many people are ignorant of Biblical teachings - because you post this kind of nonsense and the unlearned just suck it up, believe it has merit, and pat you on the back for it.

You need to read the Bible, sport, to see the folly of your arguments. Your argument left out David repenting of his sins. It also left out justification by faith, and not by works (Genesis 15:6, Ephesians 2:8-9).

Again no quotes, just YOUR opinion. Remember my radical religious friend there are many prohibitions mentioned in the Old Testament- the Hebraic part of the good book. Quote Jesus saying a 'good christian' must deny the laws of the land to others to obey God and His/Her law???

As a PERSONAL religion yes you should obey God's law but NONE of us obey them all. It is however against the teachings of Jesus to attempt to block secular law and the rights of others citing God's law. (That whole render thing that puts Caesar first)

Well, back at you then - show me the scriptures of Jesus that say we cannot push for Biblical laws and values in our government?

I don't defend any carnality- but I do defend freewill- (the same 'out' good christians use to explain how God can allow E-vile acts)

You are, in effect, defending or legitimizing carnality (gay sex sin) when you vote for people like Obama and the Democrats.

According to Jesus we are to keep our own house in order and help others (not force others) follow the path to salvation... :peace

"When I say to the wicked, ‘You wicked person, you will surely die,’ and you do not speak out to dissuade them from their ways, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. 9 But if you do warn the wicked person to turn from their ways and they do not do so, they will die for their sin, though you yourself will be saved." - Ezekiel 33

Good Christians and friends warn their neighbors about the coming Judgment. They don't sit back on their couches and let the carnal-minded trot down the path to perdition without a word of warning.

“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

― George Carlin

You're going to quote the man with the foulest mouth of the last century? That's your prophet?

ROTFLOL.

FYI, profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate.

You're going to quote the man with the foulest mouth of the last century? That's your prophet?

ROTFLOL.

Lol, George Carlin was a amazing dude. You're simply judging him on the basis that he curses!? How sad.

Like all language it depends upon where and how it's used. It's always been a part of our human language, as far back as we have recorded. Carlin used it appropriately.

ROTFLOL.

Aww, sorry you are so sensitive. I find your views as obscene and profane as anything out there.

Aww, sorry you are so sensitive. I find your views as obscene and profane as anything out there.
He's triggered. He needs his safe space.

ROTFLOL.

Whereas "ROTFLOL" is a mark of brilliance?

Getting offended at profanity is silly political correctness. And in 99.9999999999% of cases, it is pure hypocrisy. Show me the man who hasn't used it...

Lol, George Carlin was a amazing dude. You're simply judging him on the basis that he curses!? How sad.

Like all language it depends upon where and how it's used. It's always been a part of our human language, as far back as we have recorded. Carlin used it appropriately.

seven dirty words

Obviously there are some who are unable to appreciate not just humour but also the deeper meaning behind the words spoken by Mr Carlin

Nonsense.

"How widespread was deism among America’s Founding Fathers?

Dr. M. E. Bradford of the University of Dallas conducted a study of the Founding Founders to look at this question (whether the Founding Fathers were deists or Christians). He discovered the Founders were members of denominations as follows: twenty-eight Episcopalians, eight Presbyterians, seven Congregationalists, two Lutherans, two Dutch Reformed, two Methodists, two Roman Catholics, and three deists." – Reference: M. E. Bradford, A Worthy Company: Brief Lives of the Framers of the United States Constitution (Marlborough, NH: Plymouth Rock Foundation, 1982), iv–v.

https://righterreport.com/2014/06/15/were-the-founding-fathers-deists/

I based my truth hoods on what these people actually said, not what denomination they were apart of. Being part of a religious denomination back then was almost always more society based than religious based.

lol, let's keep it up, pedophilia is next up for legalization.

Vile cursing. Deep down in the gutter cursing. There's a difference between a little profanity and a tirade and tsunami of foul, nasty gutter cursing. That's nothing to be proud of.

And how sad for you trying to defend it.

Flush.

Are you going to seek a safe zone now?

Back
Top Bottom