• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Activists call for nationwide protests to protect Mueller investigation

He's already stated Trump's positions nearly word for word on an ongoing investigation. No way he can have control over that investigation, regardless of whether or not he was allowed to be appointed to that role in the first place. Whittaker also was the campaign chairman for Clovis, a trump campaign aid, who had to go before Mueller's grand jury. https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/whitaker-sessions-mueller-clovis/index.html So many clues.

So, In the future should we expect you to say that appointments to a President's cabinet must be opponents of the President when said President is a democrat? Just curious....

Well, first of all I don't think Mueller is going to get up before any press conference. He will send a report to the DOJ, though.

It's possible the DOJ could speak to the press about the conclusions in the report...or they may not say anything. Either course would be acceptable...by law, at least. The public would howl in rage if the DOJ doesn't say anything.

It's entirely possible that Mueller has nothing else to report except in reference to what he's already done...Flynn, Papa, Manafort, etc.

Me? I'm content to just wait and see what happens.

Agreed. One thing I can't figure is Don Jr.'s actions. Of course you would take the meeting, note the damaging info on Clinton and maybe prepare to use it. We all cannot be as ethical as the candidate some years ago (name escapes me, Gore? Kerry?) who turned that stuff down. But then you call the FBI.

Agreed. One thing I can't figure is Don Jr.'s actions. Of course you would take the meeting, note the damaging info on Clinton and maybe prepare to use it. We all cannot be as ethical as the candidate some years ago (name escapes me, Gore? Kerry?) who turned that stuff down. But then you call the FBI.

What should be reported to the FBI? That someone said they had something...and didn't?

Anyway, people have meetings all the time to get dirt on their opponents. Nothing illegal about that, is there? Heck, didn't Hillary have people talking to Ukrainians about Trump?

He's already stated Trump's positions nearly word for word on an ongoing investigation. No way he can have control over that investigation, regardless of whether or not he was allowed to be appointed to that role in the first place. Whittaker also was the campaign chairman for Clovis, a trump campaign aid, who had to go before Mueller's grand jury. https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/whitaker-sessions-mueller-clovis/index.html So many clues.

So what? What if he said word for word what some Democrat has said regarding the investigation? Would that have been a disqualification?

While I like the idea, the reality is Trump will give zero ****s about the protest.

Of course not. But if the protests keep the issue in the news, thus inform more people, it increases the danger for Trump do do something. No one expected all those ***** hats in Jan 2017 to make Trump change his ways, but couple years later we have more women elected to Congress than ever before. Before his execution, labor leader Joe Hill is supposed to have said, "Don't mourn, organize." People did, and the good guys wrote a song about him that's still sung today.

What should be reported to the FBI? That someone said they had something...and didn't?

Anyway, people have meetings all the time to get dirt on their opponents. Nothing illegal about that, is there? Heck, didn't Hillary have people talking to Ukrainians about Trump?

I may have this wrong, but wasn't he approached by people who said they represented the Russian government and their interest in affecting the election? Sounds to me like a reason to call the US government. If Hillary was approached by the Ukrainians connected to that government with dirt about Trump, ditto.

I may have this wrong, but wasn't he approached by people who said they represented the Russian government and their interest in affecting the election? Sounds to me like a reason to call the US government. If Hillary was approached by the Ukrainians connected to that government with dirt about Trump, ditto.

They also approached him saying they had dirt. They didn't. They lied.

What makes you think they were telling the truth about a connection to the Russian government?

They also approached him saying they had dirt. They didn't. They lied.

What makes you think they were telling the truth about a connection to the Russian government?

I have no idea that they did, but that would have been for the FBI to figure out. I can understand if this was just one more blind alley of phony info people involved in campaigns get bothered with, but it's international aspect would have disturbed me enough to make a call. I imagine he might have an adequate answer, however.

Well, first of all I don't think Mueller is going to get up before any press conference. He will send a report to the DOJ, though.

It's possible the DOJ could speak to the press about the conclusions in the report...or they may not say anything. Either course would be acceptable...by law, at least. The public would howl in rage if the DOJ doesn't say anything.

It's entirely possible that Mueller has nothing else to report except in reference to what he's already done...Flynn, Papa, Manafort, etc.

Me? I'm content to just wait and see what happens.

LOL The House will subpoena all documents related to the Russia investigation in January so your dream of secrecy went up in smoke on Tuesday. They will also bring Whitaker in to testify under oath about what Trump told him to do. He will go to jail if he lies. They can also bring in Mueller to tell them what Whitaker did to obstruct him. If Mueller has found crimes Trump will be impeached in the House for sure. It is their duty. There will be a new sheriff in town in January and this nonsense will stop.

Last edited:
I have no idea that they did, but that would have been for the FBI to figure out. I can understand if this was just one more blind alley of phony info people involved in campaigns get bothered with, but it's international aspect would have disturbed me enough to make a call. I imagine he might have an adequate answer, however.

I have yet to see anyone make a case that Trump Jr. did anything illegal. I see nothing he has to answer for.

Now, for sure, there are a lot of people out there who create fantasies about what he did or didn't do and they demand answers to the questions raised by those fantasies. Me? They don't interest me.

LOL The House will subpoena all documents related to Mueller in January so your dream of secrecy is just that.

shrug...

If the DOJ doesn't want to give the documents, they will easily find reasons not to do so. On the other hand, they might give up some documents that are so heavily redacted as to be worthless. We've seen this game played out over and over again over the last couple decades.

But hey...the Dems are welcome to play the game some more.

I have yet to see anyone make a case that Trump Jr. did anything illegal. I see nothing he has to answer for.

Now, for sure, there are a lot of people out there who create fantasies about what he did or didn't do and they demand answers to the questions raised by those fantasies. Me? They don't interest me.

I am not saying the meeting was illegal or he did anything illegal. Just that if I was approached by people claiming to represent a foreign government in the context of an election, I'd call ours. That's it.

Reuters

There's currently what appears to be a massive media blackout on this. There are over 900 protests beginning at 5pm local time today. This is part of the "MUELLER PROTECTION RAPID RESPONSE" by MoveOn that has been organized for over a year and was triggered by the firing of Jeff Sessions. Protesters are planning on digging in and not leaving. This could get interesting if it picks up like Occupy Wall Street did.

MoveOn

612457425_750x422.jpg

Maybe they will dig in warm states but not in the Eastern part of the nation. Single digit lows tonight.
What a major turn around just the day before Sessions was fired Move on despised AG Sessions and one reason is
his hate of marijuana.

The majority of the people "protesting" don't have a single clue what they are doing.
The left hated Sessions before they loved him. :doh

Remember this

Justice Department Issues Memo on Marijuana Enforcement

The Department of Justice today issued a memo on federal marijuana enforcement policy announcing a return to the rule of law and the rescission of previous guidance documents. Since the passage of the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) in 1970, Congress has generally prohibited the cultivation, distribution, and possession of marijuana.

In the memorandum, Attorney General Jeff Sessions directs all U.S. Attorneys to enforce the laws enacted by Congress and to follow well-established principles when pursuing prosecutions related to marijuana activities. This return to the rule of law is also a return of trust and local control to federal prosecutors who know where and how to deploy Justice Department resources most effectively to reduce violent crime, stem the tide of the drug crisis, and dismantle criminal gangs.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-issues-memo-marijuana-enforcement

shrug...

If the DOJ doesn't want to give the documents, they will easily find reasons not to do so. On the other hand, they might give up some documents that are so heavily redacted as to be worthless. We've seen this game played out over and over again over the last couple decades.

But hey...the Dems are welcome to play the game some more.

Mueller will tell the truth to Congress and can bring all his documents with him. Checkmate. You might as well face it. Trump is guilty of impeachable felonies and will face impeachment hearings in the House for most of the next 2 years. Deep down even he knows it. The party is over and I mean that in reference to the entire GOP too. They are the Trump party now and will go down with him.

Last edited:
LOL The House will subpoena all documents related to the Russia investigation in January so your dream of secrecy went up in smoke on Tuesday. They will also bring Whitaker in to testify under oath about what Trump told him to do. He will go to jail if he lies. They can also bring in Mueller to tell them what Whitaker did to obstruct him. If Mueller has found crimes Trump will be impeached in the House for sure. It is their duty. There will be a new sheriff in town in January and this nonsense will stop.

The House has ALREADY been asking for the documents from the Russia investigation. The Justice Dept had been fighting it. You must remember the arguments: cant interfere, its a way for Trump to see what Mueller has on him ect ect.
Its not clear why the scenario ought change because the Democrats are looking to interfere.

So what? What if he said word for word what some Democrat has said regarding the investigation? Would that have been a disqualification?
If it was that Democrat that was under investigation, and they were aligned politically, and he knew him, and other people in the Democrats campaign were also under investigation who that person helped run their campaign.. **** yes.

So, In the future should we expect you to say that appointments to a President's cabinet must be opponents of the President when said President is a democrat? Just curious....
Do not expect me to ever say something that stupid, no.

I suppose in Trump-stupid land, the opposite of "A political partisan who isn't qualified", is a political opponent.

In reality, it would be most any career DOJ type that could qualify, also assuming:
- they didn't recently chair the campaign for someone who got swept up in the Muller investigation (Whittaker chaired for Clovis)
- did not comment publicly on the investigation numerous times, both pre-judging it, as well as fighting for the person they would then be investigating
- was confirmed by the Senate, timed to take over from Sessions without arbitrarily firing Sessions (or already working in a DOJ job that required and received Senate confirmation) I mean, that's off the top.

When Sessions went through his confirmation process less than two years ago progressives screamed to the mountaintops that they they didn't want a bigot as attorney general. NOW they're pissed off that Trump fired him. :doh So much for principle.

The House has ALREADY been asking for the documents from the Russia investigation. The Justice Dept had been fighting it. You must remember the arguments: cant interfere, its a way for Trump to see what Mueller has on him ect ect.
Its not clear why the scenario ought change because the Democrats are looking to interfere.

Then the House will call Mueller to testify and he will reveal his findings willingly. The documents the Nunes requested were an attempt to discredit the DOJ and the Russia investigation which is a very different situation anyway. Any attempt to hide Muellers results will not be from the rank and file of the DOJ who will want do their job honestly.

When Sessions went through his confirmation process less than two years ago progressives screamed to the mountaintops that they they didn't want a bigot as attorney general. NOW they're pissed off that Trump fired him. :doh So much for principle.

LOL Are you so naive that you really don't know why Sessions was being protected by the Democrats? Were you born yesterday? I'll give you a hint...Mueller. Everyone knows that he will find the evidence that Trump is crooked. Even you know the Trump crime family is in deep doo doo, even if you won't admit it.

Last edited:
Then the House will call Mueller to testify and he will reveal his findings willingly. The documents the Nunes requested were an attempt to discredit the DOJ and the Russia investigation which is a very different situation anyway. Any attempt to hide Muellers results will not be from the rank and file of the DOJ who will want do their job honestly.

It was an attempt to determine the origins of the investigation.
In any event, there is no requirement that the report is ever published.

If it was that Democrat that was under investigation, and they were aligned politically, and he knew him, and other people in the Democrats campaign were also under investigation who that person helped run their campaign.. **** yes.

No. Not if it was a Democrat. If Whittaker SUPPORTED ALL that which Mueller has done thus far, would that DISQUALIFY Whitaker for the position as readily as his actual oposition to SOME of things Mueller has done?

LOL Are you so naive that you really don't know why Sessions was being protected by the Democrats? Were you born yesterday? I'll give you a hint...Mueller. Everyone knows that he will find the evidence that Trump is crooked. Even you know the Trump crime family is in deep doo doo, even if you won't admit it.

In other words, the ends justify the means, as in "Psst! Sessions is a bigot, but that's okay because we have bigger fish to fry!"

The investigation needs to end.

If Mueller has no "startling" revelations tying Trump to Russian election interference in his expected after-midterm "announcements," then IMO there is really no reason for it to continue.

Trump was right about one thing, Sessions should never have recused himself allowing Rosenstein to create such an expansive authorization memo.

Actually any Trumpkin campaign violations would fall under Mueller jurisdiction on this. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom