• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Activists call for nationwide protests to protect Mueller investigation

If they're out there protesting, who's going to cover the day shift at Burger King?

They take turns. Real patriots!

Yet another mass hysteria created nothing burger. The left is never happy unless they're unhappy. I thought Mueller was about done. Seems like just a week or two there was talk he'd present his report by the end of the year. What's Wittacher going to do? Take awhile his printer?

Actually there is a lot on his plate besides Mueller. Mueller was rumored to be mostly done by the election, and he would be writing his report. The most the new guy will be doing is getting Mueller to issue his report ASAP. You can't investigate forever... Unless Mueller is willing to investigate the democrats. That is one of the unknowns.

Even the most jaded of my personalities has difficulty believing Mueller would dance around the implications for Fusion One and the FBI and the Clintons.

My other bitch is "Justice delayed is Justice denied".

So time will tell, and everyone will get even more pissed off because the secrets divulged don't match their expectations.

It's a signal to Republicans in the Senate, Congress, and the White House Just like the eating at a photo op spot by Jeff Sessions and Rosenstein in solidarity. Except this time, it's a lot more people.

Trump basically loaded and cocked the gun. But has he shot!!?!?! Why wait until he's pulled the trigger to prepare the alarm? You don't, that would be stupid.

It could be Trump shenanigans, it could be something else.
- why did they fire the AG?
he didn't like his job performance and felt it was time for a change. It's not unusual to change cabinet members after 2 years. He isn't obligated to keep sessions just because an investigation is going on, not to mention one that sessions has nothing to do with

- why did the deputy AG not take his place as is customary for acting?

Trump does not want to give someone a promotion who joked about trying to remove him from office. Someone who has been key figure in obstructing congress from receiving the information they have requested to complete their investigation

- why did they put a trump lacky, who has spoken out against the Mueller investigation, and isn't qualified?
there's nothing unusual about a president giving a job to someone who shares the same vision as him. He isn't going to offer the position to Sally yates nor should he.

From what I have heard about the guy he is absolutely qualified and he is very familiar with the current operations that are ongoing. He seems like a good pick to temporarily run things while Trump decides who he wants to be sessions successor.

- why has Trump obstructed numerous times in the past?
there is no evidence to substantiate this. If trump wants to end the investigation he has the authority to do so and it's not obstruction if he does

Acting like he's so innocent, is absurd. None of those should have been done, in that way, and if it was really something the White House were being responsible with, even if they chose to be this stupid, so many times, they could simply have Whittaker say he's leaving the investigation to Rosenstein until a new AG is confirmed.

Bolden parts are my response

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Quite right.

And when Mr. Trump orders the acting AG to bollix the investigation to the point where all of its records are destroyed, your position is going to be "Well, I'm sure that he has good reasons which he can't tell us right now - so I'm waiting for the facts."
Would that be a problem for you if that happens?

A Mueller Protection Rapid Response Protest Rally took place today near me by a well known Kissing Statue by a downtown area adjacent to Sarasota Bay called Marina Jack in Sarasota Florida. The event took place on a beautiful day! I rode my bicycle to the event. 100s of cheerful people attended.

The NumbSkull Brigade continues to minimize Team Chump's latest efforts, via Legal Goon Matthew Whitaker, to obstruct the Mueller Investigation.

Carry on Anti-Chumpers! Stay on task. Take Life in stride. Better times lie ahead!

An SNN (Sarasota News Network) Cameraman showed up to document the event. The Sarasota Herald Tribune also sent out their main photographer.

View attachment 67243959
Damn I wish I knew about that I had to go down there yesterday but I took 301. I would of went 41 if I had known.

If Mueller gives anything "out to the people"...without DOJ authorization...he goes to jail.

Not true, according to Mr. Ben-Veniste and Mr. Frampton worked on the Watergate cover-up task force of the special prosecutor’s office.

What if Mr. Mueller concludes that the president has committed a crime? The question of whether a sitting president can be indicted remains a subject of vehement debate among scholars. But assuming that Mr. Mueller follows what many regard as “current Justice Department policy” based on several past internal legal opinions that an indictment is inappropriate, then the appropriate place for consideration of evidence that the president has committed crimes rests definitively and exclusively with Congress.

There's currently what appears to be a massive media blackout on this. There are over 900 protests beginning at 5pm local time today. This is part of the "MUELLER PROTECTION RAPID RESPONSE" by MoveOn that has been organized for over a year and was triggered by the firing of Jeff Sessions. Protesters are planning on digging in and not leaving. This could get interesting if it picks up like Occupy Wall Street did.

LOL! They say no one is above the law, and are running protests because they want Mueller to be above the law. Can't make it up.

LOL! They say no one is above the law, and are running protests because they want Mueller to be above the law. Can't make it up.

Thank you for aptly illustrating how a delusional, ignorant, uninformed person can unknowingly write out an Alternative Fact.

Yesterday's rallies spoke to TeamChump and the NumbSkull Brigade's continued efforts to derail the Mueller Investigation. Allegations of Obstruction of Justice loom as one of TeamChump's most serious problems in 2019.

What is Mueller doing that isn't in conformity with the law? He's going by the book.

Thank you for aptly illustrating how a delusional, ignorant, uninformed person can unknowingly write out an Alternative Fact.

Yesterday's rallies spoke to TeamChump and the NumbSkull Brigade's continued efforts to derail the Mueller Investigation. Allegations of Obstruction of Justice loom as one of TeamChump's most serious problems in 2019.

Hey, all your personal attacks and name calling don't make you look any less dumb. And you forgot something. You forgot to make a point. Well, at least you solidified your ignorance and bias. Other than that, nice post! Come back when you grow up.

What is Mueller doing that isn't in conformity with the law? He's going by the book.

Then why would we need some special legislation to make him above the law? You can't pick and choose who plays by the rules.

Then why would we need some special legislation to make him above the law? You can't pick and choose who plays by the rules.
I object to you throwing around the term "above the law" in a loose manner when the purpose of the legislation would be to protect the Special Prosecutor from interference from a president that is intent upon shutting down an investigation into himself. The purpose is to assure that the SP can perform his duty within the law and not be compromised. That really should be obvious without twisting logic into a pretzel.

Hey, all your personal attacks and name calling don't make you look any less dumb. And you forgot something. You forgot to make a point. Well, at least you solidified your ignorance and bias. Other than that, nice post! Come back when you grow up.

Delusional? Check! Ignorant? Check! Uninformed Person? Check! Relies on Alternative Facts? Check! TeamChump and the NumbSkull Brigade continue their efforts to derail the Mueller Investigation? Check! Allegations of Obstruction of Justice loom as one of TeamChump's most serious problems in 2019? Check!

Nothing in your ad hominem response invalidated at least six points.

I object to you throwing around the term "above the law" in a loose manner when the purpose of the legislation would be to protect the Special Prosecutor from interference from a president that is intent upon shutting down an investigation into himself. The purpose is to assure that the SP can perform his duty within the law and not be compromised. That really should be obvious without twisting logic into a pretzel.

I took that phrase from the protesters and Moveon.org.
How does Congress make a law telling the President what he must do with the Executive branch? They have no authority to do so. Does the President get to tell Chuck Schumer who his underlings should be and when he can change them out? Of course not. This would be a violation of Separation of Powers. They are trying to put Mueller above that law.

Congress has remedies for this, as laid out in the Constitution. If they think it's an impeachable offense for the President to switch AG's, then go ahead, get going with impeachment, see how much support there is for that.

Delusional? Check! Ignorant? Check! Uninformed Person? Check! Relies on Alternative Facts? Check! TeamChump and the NumbSkull Brigade continue their efforts to derail the Mueller Investigation? Check! Allegations of Obstruction of Justice loom as one of TeamChump's most serious problems in 2019? Check!

Nothing in your ad hominem response invalidated at least six points.

Listen, the adults are talking, be quiet.

Listen, the adults are talking, be quiet.

Did you post an audio for me to listen to? In this forum we generally read each other's posts.

I became an adult less than a month after Nixon resigned. When did you become an adult?

Reuters

There's currently what appears to be a massive media blackout on this. There are over 900 protests beginning at 5pm local time today. This is part of the "MUELLER PROTECTION RAPID RESPONSE" by MoveOn that has been organized for over a year and was triggered by the firing of Jeff Sessions. Protesters are planning on digging in and not leaving. This could get interesting if it picks up like Occupy Wall Street did.

MoveOn

612457425_750x422.jpg

Hi Verax,

What exactly are they afraid of? I mean Trump to date has not made any moves that signal that he would tamper with the investigation in any way....This seems like a made up cause...

Actually there is a lot on his plate besides Mueller. Mueller was rumored to be mostly done by the election, and he would be writing his report. The most the new guy will be doing is getting Mueller to issue his report ASAP. You can't investigate forever... Unless Mueller is willing to investigate the democrats. That is one of the unknowns.

Even the most jaded of my personalities has difficulty believing Mueller would dance around the implications for Fusion One and the FBI and the Clintons.

My other bitch is "Justice delayed is Justice denied".

So time will tell, and everyone will get even more pissed off because the secrets divulged don't match their expectations.
Well said. I can agree with everything you've said. Let's hear what Mueller has to say on the entire issue and go from there.

If Mueller gives anything "out to the people"...without DOJ authorization...he goes to jail.

So you now have admitted that Trump is guilty and trying to obstruct justice. The special prosecutor investigating Nixon gave his information to the House so we have a precedent there.

Did you post an audio for me to listen to? In this forum we generally read each other's posts.

I became an adult less than a month after Nixon resigned. When did you become an adult?

Did I say I posted an audio? You should probably look up the definition of "listen" before going further.
And, I don't want to go on an extended discussion of a definition, I know you leftists to well. You love to get far from the point and dwell on something insignificant.

LOL You are being facetious right? Why else would Trump pick the only man in the Justice Dept who is on the record saying the Russia investigation is a "witch hunt" and has already refused to recuse himself? You should care about this protest because they are telling you that Americans won't stand for anyone messing with Mueller. He is going to get what he has out to the people and he will be able to finish his work undisturbed. Count on it.

Whittaker said breaking away from the point of the investigation; Trump and Russia conspiring to fix the 2016 election, would be the witch hunt.

Reuters

MoveOn

612457425_750x422.jpg

Good. This kind of malicious stupid nonsense keeps it fresh in the mind of ordinary hard working Americans how childish, petulant, mean, and destructive people like Move-on.Org are. To not forget that is a good thing.

Whittaker said breaking away from the point of the investigation; Trump and Russia conspiring to fix the 2016 election, would be the witch hunt.

Sp you agree he must recuse himself because he has predetermined the results of the investigation.

While I like the idea, the reality is Trump will give zero ****s about the protest.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Not only Trump but Republicans in Congress are sitting up and taking notice because once people take to the streets en masse in this way, it's surely sending a strong message to those elected officials and they'd be wise to take notice.

Back
Top Bottom