• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion And The BIBLE

Nope, you posted what others wrote in the Bible, saying it's what God told them. Do you not understand that distinction? Good lord!

IMO, it really just shows you cannot answer my question honestly. Do you dispute that I have written God's Word accurately?

How does sex outside marriage break God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace?
I understand all too well...

"The one who says, “I have come to know him,” and yet does not observe his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in this person." 1 John 2:4

Nope, you posted what others wrote in the Bible, saying it's what God told them. Do you not understand that distinction? Good lord!

IMO, it really just shows you cannot answer my question honestly. Do you dispute that I have written God's Word accurately?

How does sex outside marriage break God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace?
I understand all too well...

"The one who says, “I have come to know him,” and yet does not observe his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in this person." 1 John 2:4
More regurgitation by rote and no ability to discuss or defend your view in your own words. I believe that that's often described as 'brainwashing.'

So you're done then? Btw, you are so blindly immersed in your rote regurgitation that you dont realize that God's Word also conforms to the 10 Commandments. (And it's 'murder,' not 'kill.')

More regurgitation by rote and no ability to discuss or defend your view in your own words. I believe that that's often described as 'brainwashing.'

So you're done then? Btw, you are so blindly immersed in your rote regurgitation that you dont realize that God's Word also conforms to the 10 Commandments. (And it's 'murder,' not 'kill.')
"‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from Jehovah’s mouth.’” Matthew 4:4

"‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from Jehovah’s mouth.’” Matthew 4:4
Wow, you cant understand what you read at all, can you? You are still regurgitating and regurgitating things that DONT refute what I'm writing. Are you unable to understand at all?

Here, try again. Read carefully (there's 2 questions...use your own words. If you use scripture, then use your own words to explain how it answers):

Wow, you cant understand what you read at all, can you? You are still regurgitating and regurgitating things that DONT refute what I'm writing. Are you unable to understand at all?

Here, try again. Read carefully (there's 2 questions...use your own words. If you use scripture, then use your own words to explain how it answers):

Keep tryin'...you may get it yet...

"For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, that one is my brother and sister and mother.” Matthew 12:50

Keep tryin'...you may get it yet...

"For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, that one is my brother and sister and mother.” Matthew 12:50
You fail again...your running away demonstrates moral cowardice and lack of faith. I realize you dont want that exposed, so you continue to flail with irrelevant scripture you dont even understand.
Wow, you cant understand what you read at all, can you? You are still regurgitating and regurgitating things that DONT refute what I'm writing. Are you unable to understand at all?​
Here, try again. Read carefully (there's 2 questions...use your own words. If you use scripture, then use your own words to explain how it answers):​

You fail again...your running away demonstrates moral cowardice and lack of faith. I realize you dont want that exposed, so you continue to flail with irrelevant scripture you dont even understand.
Wow, you cant understand what you read at all, can you? You are still regurgitating and regurgitating things that DONT refute what I'm writing. Are you unable to understand at all?​
Here, try again. Read carefully (there's 2 questions...use your own words. If you use scripture, then use your own words to explain how it answers):​
"In reply he said to them: “My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.” Luke 8:21

"In reply he said to them: “My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.” Luke 8:21

Wow, you cant understand what you read at all, can you? You are still regurgitating, and regurgitating things that DONT refute what I'm writing. Are you unable to understand at all?​

“Get behind me, Satan! because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.” Mark 8:33

“Get behind me, Satan! because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.” Mark 8:33
LOL every post you make shows you cannot articulate your faith or an argument. Here you are, in a discussion forum, about your faith...and you cannot even discuss it.
Wow, you cant understand what you read at all, can you? You are still regurgitating, and regurgitating things that DONT refute what I'm writing. Are you unable to understand at all?​

every post you make shows you cannot articulate your faith or an argument.
Don't need to...unlike you, God's Word does it for me...

No, that's not what it means. Let's read that passage again:

Exodus
22 “If people are fighting and hit a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but there is no serious injury,
the offender must be fined whatever the woman’s husband demands and the court allows.

23 But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life,

24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.

The key phrase is, pregnant woman and she gives birth PREMATURELY.

If this is all about the value of the woman only - there wouldn't be any need to mention and specify her PREGNANCY.

The woman isn't the only one affected by premature birthing. The child is put at risk too, perhaps more so.
That law applies to both mother and child.

No, it doesn't. The Hebrew makes it clear that this applies only to the woman.

Don't need to...unlike you, God's Word does it for me...
Wrong...you have memorized by rote without understanding and it shows in your inept and improper applications of the scriptures. So...you have failed in your argument(s) so far.

And it shows flawed understanding of God's Word...which is the real issue here.

Not it's not and I already posted why. Sex is a wonderful thing and He's happy when His Children enjoy and share it.

Between........................................ MARRIED COUPLES.

Hahahaha "sharing it!" Hahahahaha - that has taken on another meaning. You're talking about....."swinging?" Hahahahaha
"SHARING IT...." Is that how swingers justify it? Hahahahaha

LMAO, I see you couldnt actually respond to my argument. How does sex outside marriage break God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace?

I don't know what kind of Bible you're reading Lursa.....or, if you've even read one. Your arguments are so out of touch with it.

This has nothing to do with breaking God's Word on compassion, forgiveness, peace and brotherly love (although in the case of adultery - it does.
It hurts the cuckolded partner. It hurts and may even break a family).

Just so you know.......here are some verses about fornication.

2 Cor 12:21

I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and
have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

Ephesians 5
3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.

Gal 5
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious:
sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;

Hebrews 13
4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the
adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

1 Cor 6
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the
sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

1 Cor 6
18 Flee from
sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

1 Thessalonians

3 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;
4 that each of yo
u should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable,
5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God;

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-about-sex/

God believes that men and women are equal so your statement is ludicrous and a product of poor logic.

Equal as in the laws apply to.................................EVERYONE!
First, you're making it like this is about a battle between a mother and her unborn......and, now - a battle of the sexes?

That would be like we're talking about breeding cows.....and suddenly, you bring up Sleeping in Seattle!

This has nothing to do with equality - therefore, your response is even way beyond being a product of poor logic.
I don't even think you've thought about it. It is irrelevant.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't. The Hebrew makes it clear that this applies only to the woman.

....because, those who think it applies only to women do not understand it. Lol.
It's explains clearly why it applies to both mother and unborn.

Here is the word-for-word translation from the HEBREW TEXT!

This is not exactly about a woman.
It is about the CONDITION of the woman - she is PREGNANT!

KEYWORDS: PREGNANT. PREMATURE BIRTH.

Like I said before, children born prematurely doesn't always result in serious injury or death. Some are fine.

If that isn't clear enough - then, there's nothing more to say. 🤷

Last edited:
LMAO, I see you couldnt actually respond to my argument. How does sex outside marriage break God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace?

Are you kidding me? I just noticed that you did stated specifically, "outside of marriage!"
You don't know how that could break all those? You have to ask?

Adultery shows disregard for all those people who'll get hurt by it - the spouse(s) and the children. It wrecks a home!
Is that compassion? Is that brotherly love?

Does it bring peace? Aren't the adulterers juggling and living with guilt? Living in fear what the consequences
would be if the secret comes out? You call that "peace?"

You reason like someone involved in an adulterous affair. I suppose this is what you mean by your question:

"As long as we're discreet, and the spouse doesn't know.....no one needs to get hurt."

That's one of the usual rationale to justify it.
The problem is: GOD KNOWS.

Last edited:
God values women more than the unborn, and the unborn as transient and insubstantial, not having souls until born
Where does it say that?

I'm no expert when it comes to the Bible and its verses, however, it would strike me as odd if God’s plan didn't include that every pregnancy should be the result of the expression of love between a man and a woman committed to each other in marriage. A pregnancy should be wanted, and each baby should be loved, valued, and nurtured even before birth.

Talking about the value of one human above another strikes me as something not of the Bible but possibly more akin to politics in 21st century.

Show me in the Bible where it says the unborn have no souls. Science knows the unborn have a brain, a heart and they can feel and communicate with the mother.

You reason like someone involved in an adulterous affair.
Yea, something going on with Lursa that speaks to the here and now, I've been saying it all along.

Between........................................ MARRIED COUPLES.

Hahahaha "sharing it!" Hahahahaha - that has taken on another meaning. You're talking about....."swinging?" Hahahahaha
"SHARING IT...." Is that how swingers justify it? Haha

I don't know what kind of Bible you're reading Lursa.....or, if you've even read one. Your arguments are so out of touch with it.

This has nothing to do with breaking God's Word on compassion, forgiveness, peace and brotherly love (although in the case of adultery - it does.
It hurts the cuckolded partner. It hurts and may even break a family).

Just so you know.......here are some verses about fornication.

2 Cor 12:21
I am afraid that when I come again my God will humble me before you, and I will be grieved over many who have sinned earlier and
have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged.

Ephesians 5
3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.

Gal 5
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;

Hebrews 13
4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

1 Cor 6
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

1 Cor 6
18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

1 Thessalonians
3 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;
4 that each of you should learn to control your own body in a way that is holy and honorable,
5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God;

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/bible-verses-about-sex/

Are you kidding me? I just noticed that you did stated specifically, "outside of marriage!"
You don't know how that could break all those? You have to ask?

Adultery shows disregard for all those people who'll get hurt by it - the spouse(s) and the children. It wrecks a home!
Is that compassion? Is that brotherly love?

Does it bring peace? Aren't the adulterers juggling and living with guilt? Living in fear what the consequences
would be if the secret comes out? You call that "peace?"

You reason like someone involved in an adulterous affair. I suppose this is what you mean by your question:

"As long as we're discreet, and the spouse doesn't know.....no one needs to get hurt."

I never discussed adultery...only fornication. Cheating does harm people...and that is breaking God's Word. It a sin against 'brotherly love' and 'compassion.'

How does fornication break God's Word? How many times do I have to ask? I already posted why your scriptures written by men of the times 'interpreting' what God 'told' them is not the same as God's Word. Are you incapable of understanding this? Yes or no? If you disagree, fine but at least indicate you can comprehend what I'm saying.

So, please tell me how sharing sex with another person (not adultery) breaks God's Word of compassion, brotherly love, peace, and forgiveness? If it does not do so, it's not a sin.

Last edited:
Yea, something going on with Lursa that speaks to the here and now, I've been saying it all along.

Such pathetically bad and judgemental "reasoning" on both your parts. It seems common to all your posting.

First, I'm not married and in the past I never cheated.

Now, Tosca, where is the harm in sex outside of marriage? Please explain? I'm not talking about the claims that some men writing the Bible made when they claimed it's what God told them.

If it does not break God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace, how is it a sin? Please explain? I realize it's nearly impossible for you to break free of what seems to be cult-level indoctrination for you, to be able to examine something with an open mind....but try. You dont have to agree, but let's see you demonstrate that you understand my point.

Last edited:
How does fornication break God's Word?
"Flee from sexual immorality! Every other sin that a man may commit is outside his body, but whoever practices sexual immorality is sinning against his own body. Do you not know that your body is the temple of the holy spirit within you, which you have from God? Also, you do not belong to yourselves, for you were bought with a price. By all means, glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6:18-20

I'm no expert when it comes to the Bible and its verses, however, it would strike me as odd if God’s plan didn't include that every pregnancy should be the result of the expression of love between a man and a woman committed to each other in marriage. A pregnancy should be wanted, and each baby should be loved, valued, and nurtured even before birth.

Talking about the value of one human above another strikes me as something not of the Bible but possibly more akin to politics in 21st century.

Show me in the Bible where it says the unborn have no souls. Science knows the unborn have a brain, a heart and they can feel and communicate with the mother.
If you are replying to anyone specifically, you should quote them.

When posters just attempt to counter other posters' arguments without doing so, it's a sign of moral cowardice and a weak argument they fear will fold like a house of cards.

In a discussion, it works better to directly and specifically address another posters' arguments.

"Flee from sexual immorality! Every other sin that a man may commit is outside his body, but whoever practices sexual immorality is sinning against his own body. Do you not know that your body is the temple of the holy spirit within you, which you have from God? Also, you do not belong to yourselves, for you were bought with a price. By all means, glorify God in your body." 1 Corinthians 6:18-20
What makes consensual sex between people immoral? (I dont mean adultery...we've been discussing fornication, not adultery).

How does people sharing sex break God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, peace, and brotherly love?

Anything else...as you have been unable to absorb or acknowledge so far...is just what fallible men of the times 'claim' that God told them. Some may have gotten it right, some may have gotten it wrong, and so we can only go by God's Word to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom