• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Abortion And The BIBLE

Wow, you just prove me right over and over. Once more, you cannot articulate any understanding of your faith in your own words. That's a completely bullshit misinterpretation of God's Word by whoever wrote it...by a man with a agenda. And not God's Agenda.

While I appreciate your honesty, here, I would point out that, if you are going to toss out Scripture, then you have no means of ascertaining God's Agenda to say what it is or isn't.

While I appreciate your honesty, here, I would point out that, if you are going to toss out Scripture, then you have no means of ascertaining God's Agenda to say what it is or isn't.
I dont toss them out necessarily. In some cases, esp. with some posters, I ask them to explain how the scripture applies to the conversation.

And if you've been reading any of the threads, I have reasons for not accepting all scriptures at face value.

God's Word certainly tells me who/what you are...you should try reading it sometime...
Are you telling me you know God's Judgement of me? Wow, that's just one more sin to add to your list...along with where you call me a liar and cant prove it.

I dont toss them out necessarily. In some cases, esp. with some posters, I ask them to explain how the scripture applies to the conversation.

And if you've been reading any of the threads, I have reasons for not accepting all scriptures at face value.
I've not gone back and searched for every post you've ever written on scripture.

That being said, the statement sort of stands - if you are going to claim that you can just toss out any scripture you don't like (say, the Epistles), then you aren't left (logically) with a basis for saying what God's agenda is or isn't; all you've really done is find a way to blame God for your Agenda. :( It's Eisegesis.

Are you telling me you know God's Judgement of me? Wow, that's just one more sin to add to your list...along with where you call me a liar and cant prove it.
I don't have to prove anything...your words are here for all to read for themselves...

I've not gone back and searched for every post you've ever written on scripture.

That being said, the statement sort of stands - if you are going to claim that you can just toss out any scripture you don't like (say, the Epistles), then you aren't left (logically) with a basis for saying what God's agenda is or isn't; all you've really done is find a way to blame God for your Agenda. :( It's Eisegesis.
That's somewhat true. My position as a Christian is that anything that does not break God's Word of compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace is not a sin.

The Bible is a collection of stories written by fallible men of the times who had their own agendas as well. Those stories are generally about how to treat your fellow Man, based on God's overall Message/Word...and to encourage spreading that Message/Word.

And they may have misinterpreted some things, some intentionally, some not, some even with good intent. My example is, of course it was reasonable for men to want to encourage women to be protected from unwanted pregnancy...women at the time were basically property, had no opportunities outside their family home. No way to support themselves. Abstinence before marriage, and the security of marriage were things to promote on women's behalf.

I don't have to prove anything...your words are here for all to read for themselves...
Of course you have to prove I lied to prove you're not a liar :)

That's somewhat true. My position as a Christian is that anything that does not break God's Word of compassion, brotherly love, forgiveness, and peace is not a sin.

Unfortunately, you have no way of saying that that is God's word. Once you reject scripture on it's own, you aren't giving God's word, but, rather, picking out the pieces of someone else's word that conforms to your preferences, and presenting your opinion as theirs.

The Bible is a collection of stories written by fallible men of the times who had their own agendas as well. Those stories are generally about how to treat your fellow Man, based on God's overall Message/Word...and to encourage spreading that Message/Word.

All of Scripture is God-Breathed and useful for correction and instruction. But that is going to leave you with a problem, because much of scripture isn't going to jive well with New Age Good Feelingsism. 😕

Eisegesis (which is what you are saying that you do here) is a terrible theological method. Here, it is causing you to cut off the very branch whose support you depend on - you cannot appeal to Scripture to argue for the presence of forgiveness and dismiss it when others point to Scripture to argue for the presence of sin. :) You don't get John 3:16 without Romans 3:23.

Unfortunately, you have no way of saying that that is God's word. Once you reject scripture on it's own, you aren't giving God's word, but, rather, picking out the pieces of someone else's word that conforms to your preferences, and presenting your opinion as theirs.

All of Scripture is God-Breathed and useful for correction and instruction. But that is going to leave you with a problem, because much of scripture isn't going to jive well with New Age Good Feelingsism. 😕

Eisegesis (which is what you are saying that you do here) is a terrible theological method. Here, it is causing you to cut off the very branch whose support you depend on - you cannot appeal to Scripture to argue for the presence of forgiveness and dismiss it when others point to Scripture to argue for the presence of sin. :) You don't get John 3:16 without Romans 3:23.
Ok 🤷

Didnt ask for your opinion or agreement. You asked for a response and I provided it. I follow God's Word as best I can and it is Christianity at its most basic. It's all that's needed, without the BS trappings.

There's nothing artificial or 'new agey' about God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, or peace. It's the one consistent theme throughout Jesus's sermons. It works for me.

you cannot appeal to Scripture to argue for the presence of forgiveness and dismiss it when others point to Scripture to argue for the presence of sin. :) You don't get John 3:16 without Romans 3:23.
Excellent point...

Christianity at its most basic
Some feed on milk and never mature...some, on solid food...

"For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment trained to distinguish both right and wrong." Hebrews 5:13,14

Excellent point...
God's Word is compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace.

Why would one have to argue for it then in other scriptures? We all know that we all sin. This is God's Gift to us, purchased with His Son's life. These were the stories told in the Bible to support it. I dont dispute all scripture...they are there to share God's Message. I dispute the ones that are expedient or misinterpretations by fallible men of the times that invent things that go against His Word.

I didnt pay much attention to detail in CP Will's post but I can respond to this as it is consistent with what I wrote.

Some feed on milk and never mature...some, on solid food...

"For everyone who continues to feed on milk is unacquainted with the word of righteousness, for he is a young child. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment trained to distinguish both right and wrong." Hebrews 5:13,14
I dont even read the scriptures you post anymore because you have shown over and over that you are unable to actually understand them well enough to articulate what they mean in your own words.

I dont even read the scriptures you post anymore because you have shown over and over that you are unable to actually understand them well enough to articulate what they mean in your own words.
And yet, you can't resist running your mouth...lol...

And yet, you can't resist running your mouth...lol...
You responded to me...did you not expect a response in return? If you dont want to interact with me, stop lying about me and stop quoting my posts and responding to me.

It's a "discussion" forum, not a "regurgitate your cult-like crutches" forum. A person shows their faith by articulating its precepts and by trying to follow those precepts. You cannot articulate them and you lie about me so are clearly not winning at following them either.

You responded to me...did you not expect a response in return? If you dont want to interact with me, stop lying about me and stop quoting my posts and responding to me.

It's a "discussion" forum, not a "regurgitate your cult-like crutches" forum. A person shows their faith by articulating its precepts and by trying to follow those precepts. You cannot articulate them and you lie about me so are clearly not winning at following them either.
Backatcha...wink, wink...

I have articulated my faith and position clearly. You have failed to respond in kind...repeatedly.

You responded to me...did you not expect a response in return? If you dont want to interact with me, stop lying about me and stop quoting my posts and responding to me.​
It's a "discussion" forum, not a "regurgitate your cult-like crutches" forum. A person shows their faith by articulating its precepts and by trying to follow those precepts. You cannot articulate them and you lie about me so are clearly not winning at following them either.​

I have articulated my faith and position clearly. You have failed to respond in kind...repeatedly.

You responded to me...did you not expect a response in return? If you dont want to interact with me, stop lying about me and stop quoting my posts and responding to me.​
It's a "discussion" forum, not a "regurgitate your cult-like crutches" forum. A person shows their faith by articulating its precepts and by trying to follow those precepts. You cannot articulate them and you lie about me so are clearly not winning at following them either.​
lol...

You are laughing at your own failure to articulate your understanding of your faith? And your sinning calling me a liar? Again...you do not demonstrate what you preach at all.

You are laughing at your own failure to articulate your understanding of your faith? And your sinning calling me a liar? Again...you do not demonstrate what you preach at all.

Nope...I'm laughing at you...lol...

Nope...I'm laughing at you...lol...
For what? And please be specific. You have lied about my lying, you have failed to overturn my arguments or to even articulate your understanding of your own faith.

So....what's so funny? Please share. Maybe we'd all like a good laugh? Altho most of us are here for a discussion...which you have also failed at and so have resorted to pathetic little snarky posts.

Ok 🤷

Didnt ask for your opinion or agreement. You asked for a response and I provided it. I follow God's Word as best I can and it is Christianity at its most basic. It's all that's needed, without the BS trappings.

Respectfully, according to you, you do not. You follow your own word as best you can, and pick and choose from God's word to justify it.

There's nothing artificial or 'new agey' about God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, or peace. It's the one consistent theme throughout Jesus's sermons. It works for me.

:) There are several consistent themes' throughout Jesus' teachings. I've noticed, for instance, that you've left off Sin, Pain, Dying to Self, and Hell.

Respectfully, according to you, you do not. You follow your own word as best you can, and pick and choose from God's word to justify it.
There is only ONE God's Word and no one has disputed it...however they do support many of the scriptures that dont align with it. I ask them if I'm wrong...'silence.'

And I'm certainly not the only one, plenty of theological scholars have said similar to what I have written about the scriptures.

I am not a 'cafeteria plan' Christian. I try to follow God's Message as presented in Jesus's sermons, God's Word. Anything that does not break that Word is not a sin. It even conforms to the 10 Commandments (using 'murder,' not 'kill,')

It's not rocket science and it's not complicated. The rest was just 'interpreted' or invented (the Catholic church is good at this one) for other purposes, like control, safety, social need, hate, etc. Just like other religious laws...but these were packaged as 'sins.' But again...if they dont break God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace...they're not sins. 🤷

:) There are several consistent themes' throughout Jesus' teachings. I've noticed, for instance, that you've left off Sin, and Hell.
I dont understand this. What part about 'forgiveness' leaves that out? His Word isnt an explanation...that's part of His Message and the stories of the Bible are supposed to support that, explain them to Man.

Last edited:
There is only ONE God's Word and no one has disputed it...

You do. Specifically you argued that in fact portions of that Word are written by fallible men with their own axe to grind, and, so, you can dismiss it when you don't like it. That is pretty much disputation.

however they do support many of the scriptures that dont align with it. I ask them if I'm wrong...'silence.'

And I'm certainly not the only one, plenty of theological scholars have said similar to what I have written about the scriptures.

I'm not aware of any Theological scholars who argue explicitly for Eisegesis as a deliberate technique, but, there are enough nuts out there that it wouldn't surprise me. It would be a very Post-Modern thing to do, and would allow someone with (as you put it) "their own agenda" to twist the Word to make it seem to say something it did not (for example, by making it a defense of early 21st century American mores).

I am not a 'cafeteria plan' Christian

If that is the case, then I would strongly suggest you reconsider how you present yourself, because that is exactly how you are presenting yourself :(

I try to follow God's Message as presented in Jesus's sermons, God's Word.

All Scripture is God-Breathed and useful for correction and teaching :)

Why do you think it is that the people who are taking issue with you here are quoting scripture, and you are not?

Anything that does not break that Word is not a sin.

A very legalistic attitude, but, sadly, in contradiction to what Christ taught - you can follow the jot and tittle of rules and regulations for your actions and still be sinning. I can never sleep with another woman, and still be guilty of adultery. I can kill no human being, and be a murderer as well. :(

Jesus' standard is far more difficult than simply "do not break any explicit instructions".

It even conforms to the 10 Commandments (using 'murder,' not 'kill,')

It's not rocket science and it's not complicated. The rest was just 'interpreted' or invented (the Catholic church is good at this one) for other purposes, like control, safety, social need, hate, etc. Just like othe religious laws...but these were packaged as 'sins.' But again...if they dont break God's Word of compassion, forgiveness, brotherly love, and peace...they're not sins. 🤷

Not all is forgiven. Evil and sin remain, and will be destroyed. God says He will not forgive and have Compassion on everyone, but, rather will have Compassion on whom he will have Compassion. You can have brotherly love for someone while being at war with them and even killing them. Peace? Jesus said he came not to bring Peace, but a Sword.

:confused: Christianity is a lot harder than simple compassion, forgiveness, and brotherly good feelings and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom