• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A question never answered(correctly) by the left!

More of a faith based answer.
Yours perhaps, but we live in a society of differing religious views.

Oh it's a desire, which is shown by the seething hatred, should anyone think anyway else but the hive mind!
This is a hyperbolic response to my question. How will abortion lead to our downfall?

OOH! good one, what about these women who now claim they are men, and get pregnant, can they kill children whithout it's partners permission?
Why is permission needed? An adult does not need another's permission to have a medical procedure. Out of curiosity, let's turn that around: what if the man wants the woman to have an abortion but the woman does not?

OOH! good one, what about these women who now claim they are men, and get pregnant, can they kill children whithout it's partners permission?
I think it's pretty obvious you have some trauma over this, and I want to take a moment to separate your trauma from your politics. I think your politics are fair game. Your trauma is not.

Feeling a loss of power or control is no mean thing. I wish you the best.

I'm still marveling over patriotguy argument that his friend with only one shot to be a father has a right to control a pregnancy resulting from a one night stand.
I do not Care, that is biology. What about the mental health aspect for the father, what if that was his one chance to procreate, what if he has a medical condition that keeps him from being a father in the future?

FYI - there are also women out there that are PAID to be gestational carriers for individuals that want to have a baby and do not have the physical ability to do so. (*NO SEX WITH THESE WOMEN IS INVOLVED)

Why do men want to force women that DO NOT want to be pregnant to be/stay pregnant when they have the very legal and viable option of hiring gestational carriers/surrogates in many states? Are they too cheap?
Yes!🤷🏻‍♀️

I also asked to keep the discussion scientific, which no one will do, they go straight to she carries which is an emotional response, and quite frankly, get angry and hateful based on difference of opinion! Kind of like your post, I can feel the seething through the screen
OK let's keep the discussion unemotional and practical. How are you going to keep a woman from aborting if she doesn't want to be pregnant?

The Desire to kill babies in this country is horrendous, and will be our downfall!
Utter bullshit.

Talk about hyper-emotional drivel.

Fails on many levels, and it's just one sentence. Well done.

Why is it always guys who post this kind of extreme idiocy regarding abortion rights?

Then explain radical birth defects such as missing valves and chambers in a heart, missing kidneys, explain DNA and chromosome deletions and/or additions, explain missing chunks of a brain, etc

ALL are reasons why some women have abortions.

If God is SO in favor of life, why do these things to a “baby” in utero? Or to the mother while she is pregnant?

What’s the explanation for that?
I was 8 months pregnant when I went to the “Bodies” exhibit with my dad and husband. There is a room about halfway thru that showcases fetal abnormalities. There’s a trigger warning, you can avoid that exhibit, we went through. It’s heartbreaking. Really heartbreaking. Organs developed outside of the body, no skull… equally disturbing to me was how *many* examples they had.
Why would you force that in someone? Why would anyone force that on the child?

I was 8 months pregnant when I went to the “Bodies” exhibit with my dad and husband. There is a room about halfway thru that showcases fetal abnormalities. There’s a trigger warning, you can avoid that exhibit, we went through. It’s heartbreaking. Really heartbreaking. Organs developed outside of the body, no skull… equally disturbing to me was how *many* examples they had.
Why would you force that in someone? Why would anyone force that on the child?
Because opposing abortion has absolutely nothing to do with compassion or humanity - it is about control. No more, no less.

I also asked to keep the discussion scientific, which no one will do, they go straight to she carries which is an emotional response, and quite frankly, get angry and hateful based on difference of opinion! Kind of like your post, I can feel the seething through the screen
That's not an emotional response, it's literally the difference between the two, which it logically follows must be the reason for the difference in rights.

So here we are at the root of the matter. What the man wants.

You don't have any rights in this regard, dude.
Also consider, if it's about what the man wants, what happens if the man wants the woman to have an abortion?

Epic fail, for the Lord knows you even before you were formed in the mothers womb!
If you don't care move along!
Big ****ing deal. He'll know you when you die at -6 months as easily as 103 years.
You've disclosed nothing.

If a man, and a woman agree to consensual sex, and she gets pregnant, why, when the child is equally the mans, does he not get equal protection under the law, lets keep it scientific shall we, leave your emotion next to the tissues. WHY DOES HE NOT RECEIVE EQUAL RIGHTS
Because there is no equal risk to his body. In fact, there is no risk to his body, health, job at all from her getting pregnant.

I do not care about your emotions, science, science, science, it is equally his child, the biology is women carry the children that is pro creation . If you want to make these silly emotional pleas then just say men have no responsibility if she decides to keep it! Not what I am after bnut that would be fair as only she gets a decision about his child!
No. This post is all about your emotions, not science. This is about you trying to turn your emotional plea into "science", when it isn't science at all.

You have been presenting nothing but emotionally based arguments from the beginning, rejecting other arguments in favor of your own.

Here's another factor, the man can simply leave the moment they are done having sex. He can just not have anything else to do with the woman, not even leave a name or information for her to find him. Then he would not at all be involved in their life, leaving all the decisions to the woman.

You have been presenting nothing but emotionally based arguments from the beginning, rejecting other arguments in favor of your own.

Here's another factor, the man can simply leave the moment they are done having sex. He can just not have anything else to do with the woman, not even leave a name or information for her to find him. Then he would not at all be involved in their life, leaving all the decisions to the woman.
I keep asking how “emotion” applies to physical pregnancy? Science?
I keep waiting for an answer but haven’t seen a sliver of self awareness from the OP

If a man, and a woman agree to consensual sex, and she gets pregnant, why, when the child is equally the mans, does he not get equal protection under the law, lets keep it scientific shall we, leave your emotion next to the tissues. WHY DOES HE NOT RECEIVE EQUAL RIGHTS
Is the man prepared to fully compensate the woman for the suffering and costs (including "opportunity loss") associated with bearing and raising the child?

Is the man prepared to pay the woman full wages for performing the labour necessary to bring the fetus to term? At $7.25/hr, that amounts to around $1,827/wk (making provision for overtime over 8 hours per day) or around $76,734 over the course of an "average pregnancy" (of course, the man would also have to pay the usual statutory amounts with respect to "employer's contribution" to various things like unemployment insurance - which would raise the man's financial outlay to around $2,283.75/wk or around $95,917.50/pregnancy)?

Is the man prepared to fully compensate the woman for the suffering and costs (including "opportunity loss") associated with bearing and raising the child?

Is the man prepared to pay the woman full wages for performing the labour necessary to bring the fetus to term? At $7.25/hr, that amounts to around $1,827/wk (making provision for overtime over 8 hours per day) or around $76,734 over the course of an "average pregnancy" (of course, the man would also have to pay the usual statutory amounts with respect to "employer's contribution" to various things like unemployment insurance - which would raise the man's financial outlay to around $2,283.75/wk or around $95,917.50/pregnancy)?
Last I read, the cost of a surrogate is solidly $40K above that. (Likely because of medical costs for all the prenatal appointments, delivery, etc)

A man could easily find a surrogate that wants to be pregnant and compensate her for the matter…instead of trying to force one that doesn’t want to be pregnant to carry one to term for him.

Which brings us back to abortion not being about men WANTING a baby or about the medical science…but about control.

Back
Top Bottom