• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A question about race..

A majority of the "baby boomers" were white?

nope ... it means that their fertility rates will be higher ... recently it was the first time that white deaths were higher than white births in this country - that wasn't the case for any other group ...

Just because you see race in everything that happens in this country doesn't mean that the rest of us do.

you have no idea how true that is :) ... take care, going to lunch soon ...

we all find ways to cope with things we don't like ... it seems you found yours ... good luck with it, but don't be surprised if people walk away from you shaking their heads ...
I know it kills you that Zimmerman was not drawn and quartered. But deal with it.

Just because you see race in everything that happens in this country doesn't mean that the rest of us do.
Its not just race its race division and precieved inequality.
If Obama is so great, why are millions of Americans out of work, companies folding left and right, racial tensions growing, still stuck in Afganistan, thinking of going into Syria, leading from behind.
Just to name a few failures of leadership and false promises from 08. "Shovel ready", ya know.

I know it kills you that Zimmerman was not drawn and quartered. But deal with it.

actually, from what I saw and read, I probably would've voted not guilty because there was enough reasonable doubt ... but do I believe his story? Nope ... still, I wasn't there and based on the evidence, there was enough reasonable doubt ... Do I think he at least was guilty of manslaughter or negligent homicide or something? Yup .. but it has to be proved, and I don't think the prosecution did, and I'd rather let a guilty man walk than convict an innocent one ...

Now, I do have a serious problem with Stand Your Ground ... I hope it gets repealed down the road ... this isn't the wild west ... time for us to grow up and stop living in Hollywood movies ...

If Obama is so great, why are millions of Americans out of work, companies folding left and right, racial tensions growing, still stuck in Afganistan, thinking of going into Syria, leading from behind.
Just to name a few failures of leadership and false promises from 08. "Shovel ready", ya know.

And if he is so great, why do we still have cancer? good point CC ... (BTW, still stuck in Afghanistan? LOL .. you even outdo yourself sometimes) ...

And if he is so great, why do we still have cancer? good point CC ... (BTW, still stuck in Afghanistan? LOL .. you even outdo yourself sometimes) ...

Glad you find our troops still in harms way in a worthless pile of dirt amusing.

Black people have been historically treated like **** because of their race and white people have not.

/end thread

Which obviously means that blacks are herefore automatically exempt from all criticism, common sense, or need to engage in any kind of simple self-aware cultural introspection from now until the end of eternity, amirite?

Yup... Nothing irrational or unreasonable about that argument. Nothing at all. :roll:

And what does that have to do with today. Its 2013 not 1813.
Jesus Christ is said to have been born over 2000 years ago and he's still affecting people today. What make you think that more recent history wouldn't affect people today as well?

Jesus Christ is said to have been born over 2000 years ago and he's still affecting people today. What make you think that more recent history wouldn't affect people today as well?

Blacks fought hard for equality. Today is today and they have it. Letting the race baiters keep pushing it and calling us racists every day.
Will do nothing but start turning back the clock.
I already know people who have said they will never hire a black person from this point on.

Where exactly? wtf.gif

The only people I know of who use the crucifixion as an excuse to treat other groups of people differently are a handful of fringe radical anti-Semites.

I would suggest that you give this fact some thought before you try to carry this half-cocked line of reasoning any further

Either you accpet Zimmermans verdict and let it go, or its only going to get uglier in this nation.
I suppose thats what the Obama's want, keep us eyeballing the small ball instead of the larger issues at hand.
Once Obama, Sharpton and company come up with a plan to attack black on black crime in the cities. I really dont care what they have to say.
One half white dummy shoots a black kid and everyone is willing to flush 60 years of civil rights advancements down the drain.
Black people in general better start looking at who is speaking for them and finding out what damage those people are doing.
Dont allow the race merchants to set us back.

Black people have been historically treated like **** because of their race and white people have not.

/end thread

bull****. tell that to all the "Micks", "Paddys" & "Bridgets" who came to the US in the 1840s.

Blacks fought hard for equality. Today is today and they have it.
Actually, blacks are still discriminated against in housing, education, employment, the justice system, the media and in many other areas of society as a population. Black people also experience a great deal of personal racism in their individual lives. The right's inability to acknowledge this is one of the reason's why it attracts so few black voters.

Letting the race baiters keep pushing it and calling us racists every day.
Who is "us"?

Will do nothing but start turning back the clock.
Who's going to turn back the clock?

I already know people who have said they will never hire a black person from this point on.
They are racists and that's their fault. I hope they get sued into the ground. :)

Either you accpet Zimmermans verdict and let it go, or its only going to get uglier in this nation.
It's not 1950 anymore. Black people can do whatever the **** they want.

l dont want to disappoint you but obama has to obey deep state's rules like every other president

the great middle east project was started during junior moron bush's presidency and obama is just doing what he has to do

Actually, blacks are still discriminated against in housing, education, employment, the justice system, the media and in many other areas of society as a population. Black people also experience a great deal of personal racism in their individual lives. The right's inability to acknowledge this is one of the reason's why it attracts so few black voters.

Who is "us"?

Who's going to turn back the clock?

They are racists and that's their fault. I hope they get sued into the ground. :)
Blacks are still not discriminated in housing. Get your real estate license and see. There are plenty of "steering laws" on the books to combat that.
Education? Really? Please. Black kids that want to learn will learn, those that dont. Wont, just like white kids.
The clock is being turned back and back lash growing thanks to Sharpton, Obama, Smiley, Brown, Rush and the like that will damage everything MLK worked for and gave his life for.

l dont want to disappoint you but obama has to obey deep state's rules like every other president

the great middle east project was started during junior moron bush's presidency and obama is just doing what he has to do
What? Moving the goal posts again?

Yet more totally rational and well thought out arguments from TPD. :roll:

"Screw the rules! We've got the race card!"

You know what's really holding African Americans back from the success they desire in this country, TPD? People like you.

They sure can do whatever they want.
But what is it they want? They willing to go back to 1950? They willing to forgo everything that was gained?
White people like myself dont like being called racist for no reason. I was for along time on here telling everyone that Zimmerman was and idiot, just not criminal.
But Trayvon shoulders much of the blame. But many black talking heads find statements like that racist in it self when it isnt.

Back
Top Bottom