• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A question about race..

I absolutely do not care. I would shoot a mugger who attacked me regardless of whether he happened to be armed or not.

why did he attack ?

is it legal to shoot unarmed people ?

,first follow,ng them then shooting ?

Why should I make an exception for some belligerent punk of a teenager who is rather clearly assaulting my person with the intent to either kill me or cause me grievous bodily harm?

why did he attack zimmerman ?

All credible evidence brought forward at the trial demonstrated that it was Trayvon Martin who attacked Zimmerman.

there is still no witness who really saw what happened between them

he had no gun

soryy

which makes him even more stupid for returning to confront Zimmerman after he had managed to elude him and make it safely home.

which makes him even more stupid for returning to confront Zimmerman after he had managed to elude him and make it safely home.

l dont know

who saw what really happened between them ?

Back to square one, huh?
An armed person armed with fists went on the attack. He was shot by a person legally carrying a firearm. Jury said so.

CC, a jury said no such thing ... a jury simply determined that there was not enough evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt, to convict him (remember, 2 or 3 were ready to find him guilty at first) ... we don't know what happened ... only Zimmerman and maybe some of his close friends and family know ... maybe a young man scared to death because he thought some guy was going to shoot him tried to protect himself ... we don't know, do we? we do know that if Zimmerman had minded his own business, Martin would be alive ...

there is still no witness who really saw what happened between them

Zimmerman had wounds covering his face and head to back up his story. Testimony from Trayvon's friends also proves that he managed to escape from Zimmerman and make it back to his father's home before he decided to go back out and confront Zimmerman again.

There is evidence to support the argument that Zimmerman acted in self-defense. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Trayvon Martin was a victim of unjustified racially motivated violence.

What evidence was there that GZ provoked a fight? Following someone from a distance is not a provocation that requires any form of retaliation...

hey Paul ... no one knows what happened ... we just have GZ's story and I think we all agree he had a vested interest in the whole thing, no? but it's done, the jury determined there was reasonable doubt (after 2 or 3 were prepared to vote guilty), as I probably would've voted, so let's move on and let the DOJ decide whether there's cause to file civil charges ...

hey Paul ... no one knows what happened ... we just have GZ's story and I think we all agree he had a vested interest in the whole thing, no? but it's done, the jury determined there was reasonable doubt (after 2 or 3 were prepared to vote guilty), as I probably would've voted, so let's move on and let the DOJ decide whether there's cause to file civil charges ...

There is no reason for the DoJ to continue an investigation where nothing has been found in 17 months other than persecution. Did you know GZ's prom date was black?

Good afternoon bj...

Zimmerman had wounds covering his face and head to back up his story. Testimony from Trayvon's friends also proves that he managed to escape from Zimmerman and make it back to his father's home before he decided to go back out and confront Zimmerman again.

There is evidence to support the argument that Zimmerman acted in self-defense. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that Trayvon Martin was a victim of unjustified racially motivated violence.

which friends ?

and what does it change ?

it doesnt change the fact that he was provoked.

first l will follow someone and provoke him

then kill him with a gun

if l have a little sense of justice

no this is not justice

Whenever Sharpton is mentioned in a political discussion, it is always conservatives who mention him. Its true he gets a lot of media attention, because he is controversial. However, you won't find liberals taking him seriously or quoting him, nor many African Americans, including their leaders.

There is no reason for the DoJ to continue an investigation where nothing has been found in 17 months other than persecution. Did you know GZ's prom date was black?

Good afternoon bj...

the DOJ should investigate, but if they don't have a good case, drop it ... Did you know that my prom date was white?

Whenever Sharpton is mentioned in a political discussion, it is always conservatives who mention him. Its true he gets a lot of media attention, because he is controversial. However, you won't find liberals taking him seriously or quoting him, nor many African Americans, including their leaders.

Al Sharpton, to the left is like Sarah Palin to the right. They are both idiots but neither side wants come out against the one representing their side.

the DOJ should investigate, but if they don't have a good case, drop it ... Did you know that my prom date was white?

No, I didn't, but you're not being investigated, are you? :doh

which friends ?

then kill him with a gun

no this is not justice

Following someone is not provoking them Medusa. Otherwise, all the paparazzi would be dead by now.

CC, a jury said no such thing ... a jury simply determined that there was not enough evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt, to convict him (remember, 2 or 3 were ready to find him guilty at first) ... we don't know what happened ... only Zimmerman and maybe some of his close friends and family know ... maybe a young man scared to death because he thought some guy was going to shoot him tried to protect himself ... we don't know, do we? we do know that if Zimmerman had minded his own business, Martin would be alive ...
Well, in American juris prudence. Thats what being found not guilty means.
And we know that if Martin had just ignored Zimmerman he would be alive.

Then get him off his soap box and tell him he is not speaking for all blacks. Because that is what he is trying to do.

OH, so you were in the jury room. You know how they were going to vote do you. Gee, I guess under further examination of the EVIDENCE. Not guilty was what was in order. Gee, funny thing. Thats how trials go.

No, I didn't, but you're not being investigated, are you? :doh

But I've been accused of being anti-white ... Hopefully the fact that my date was white should dispel that suggestion ...

and, yes, I knew his date was black ... Did you know that he almost shot her twice that night? Not too many people know that, so don't say anything ... it may not be true ...

But I've been accused of being anti-white ... Hopefully the fact that my date was white should dispel that suggestion ...

and, yes, I knew his date was black ... Did you know that he almost shot her twice that night? Not too many people know that, so don't say anything ... it may not be true ...

The point is that there is no point in the continued persecution of GZ. It's perilously close to double jeopardy to try to find some other reason for a retrial of the same, basic facts...

OH, so you were in the jury room. You know how they were going to vote do you. Gee, I guess under further examination of the EVIDENCE. Not guilty was what was in order. Gee, funny thing. Thats how trials go.

The juror who spoke up said that.

MIAMI (AP) — Three jurors in George Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial initially favored convicting him of that offense or manslaughter, but the six-woman jury ultimately voted to acquit him after more closely examining the law, a juror in the case said Monday.

Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last year, but the jury also was allowed to consider manslaughter.

The woman, known as Juror B37, told CNN's Anderson Cooper that when the jury began deliberations Friday, they took an initial vote. Three jurors— including B37 — were in favor of acquittal, two supported manslaughter and one backed second-degree murder. She said the jury started going through all the evidence, listening to tapes multiple times.

"That's why it took us so long," said B37, who said she planned to write a book about the trial but later had a change of heart.

Juror: Some wanted to convict Zimmerman initially

The point is that there is no point in the continued persecution of GZ. It's perilously close to double jeopardy to try to find some other reason for a retrial of the same, basic facts...

yes there is Paul ... let them do their job ... I don't think they'll have enough to go forward though ...

which friends ?

Rachel Jeantel.

then kill him with a gun

no this is not justice

The simple act of following someone does not give anyone the right to assault another person.

Besides, when the fight took place, Trayvon wasn't being followed. He had managed to escape.

He deliberately turned around and sought Zimmerman out.

Last edited:
yes there is Paul ... let them do their job ... I don't think they'll have enough to go forward though ...

Their job has already been done; now, it's just political "windowdressing" so to speak...

Last edited:
The juror who spoke up said that.

MIAMI (AP) — Three jurors in George Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial initially favored convicting him of that offense or manslaughter, but the six-woman jury ultimately voted to acquit him after more closely examining the law, a juror in the case said Monday.

Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last year, but the jury also was allowed to consider manslaughter.

The woman, known as Juror B37, told CNN's Anderson Cooper that when the jury began deliberations Friday, they took an initial vote. Three jurors— including B37 — were in favor of acquittal, two supported manslaughter and one backed second-degree murder. She said the jury started going through all the evidence, listening to tapes multiple times.

"That's why it took us so long," said B37, who said she planned to write a book about the trial but later had a change of heart.

Juror: Some wanted to convict Zimmerman initially

Yes at first they had their ideas about the case, but after preponderance of the evidence there was no way to convict.

Rachel Jeantel.

The simple act of following someone does not give anyone the right to assault another person.

Besides, when the fight took place, Trayvon wasn't being followed. He had managed to escape.

He deliberately turned around and sought Zimmerman out.

escape from what ?

why did he have to escape ?

what did he do ?

Back
Top Bottom