• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Moment of Silence: 19 Years Ago Today, Rudy Giuliani Failed NYC And Doomed Thousands

I didn’t kill 3000 New Yorkers. Rudy’s gonna be swimmin the lake of fire.

You should stop. I think I get what you're doing, but it's not worth doing if you have to dance on graves to get there.

My sincerest condolences to anyone affected by this tragedy...which would be all of you, and all of us. I still remember where I was and what I was doing when the towers fell. The world changed that day, and, despite the momentary coming together in a time of grief, not for the better. We all lost something that day. I toast with the good stuff on 9/11.

Where ever you are, whatever you believe, today if you could say a prayer, tip your cap, give praise to Allah, do a rain dance:

19 years ago today Almost 3000 New Yorkers died due to a Republican controlled state’s failure to protect its citizens.

That was just that one day. Then came time for retaliation. They demanded a handout from the federal government. Send *your* troops, Rudy said. Send *your* planes, George Pataki demanded.

Shameful.

LEt’s never forget one of the greatest Republican City failures in the history of the country.

Never forget. Ever.

Way to keep it classy.....that wasn't hip, edgy, or provocative.....whenever anyone dances on graves for political points, its just trashy and low class.

Congrats, you just hit bottom.

Way to keep it classy.....that wasn't hip, edgy, or provocative.....whenever anyone dances on graves for political points, its just trashy and low class.

Congrats, you just hit bottom.

I wasn’t dancing, I was mourning.

Where ever you are, whatever you believe, today if you could say a prayer, tip your cap, give praise to Allah, do a rain dance:

19 years ago today Almost 3000 New Yorkers died due to a Republican controlled state’s failure to protect its citizens.

That was just that one day. Then came time for retaliation. They demanded a handout from the federal government. Send *your* troops, Rudy said. Send *your* planes, George Pataki demanded.

Shameful.

LEt’s never forget one of the greatest Republican City failures in the history of the country.

Never forget. Ever.

Everyone who has clutched their pearls at this brazen OP needs to catch their breath and recognize this fact:

These were the exact arguments used against Bill de Blasio and Andrew Cuomo during the height of the coronavirus in New York City.

If you were offended by the OP, then I encourage you to stop, take a step back, and see whether you did not make such hideous comments against de Blasio, Cuomo, and New Yorkers this year. And if you did, then you have just made the OP's point as I understand it.

**** this thread.

Everyone who has clutched their pearls at this brazen OP needs to catch their breath and recognize this fact:

These were the exact arguments used against Bill de Blasio and Andrew Cuomo during the height of the coronavirus in New York City.

If you were offended by the OP, then I encourage you to stop, take a step back, and see whether you did not make such hideous comments against de Blasio, Cuomo, and New Yorkers this year. And if you did, then you have just made the OP's point as I understand it.

It’s amazing, no? For *months* the GOP, their representatives, their elected officials, their president, their base have told us all the same thing over and over again:

180k deaths belong to democrat governors. And when that argument isn’t available they insist the numbers are fake - either co-morbidities or the numbers are inflated or we have to die for the economy or or or. Constantly defining down these numbers and all the families, the AMERICANS, suffering each and every day.

WE have been over 1k deaths a day for most of the last 30 days and these ghouls *still* sit there babbling about Woodward hit pieces.

And the pragmatism. Ohhh dear. Hey, HOW many people die in a given year, huh? I mean...hey, people gotta go when they gotta go? But every 9/11 the world stops rotating over 3k Americans. Suddenly the GOP remembers perspective. Suddenly the GOP remembers lives matter. Suddenly it’s not just a number, and one is too many but whattyahgonnado.

But but but...every year, the GOP does this bull**** performative patriotic dance on the graves of every American in that city that they tell us they hate with all their hearts every other day of the year.

Phony ass patriots who only care about American dead if it justifies 2 twenty year wars that cost even more American dead, and now they support a man who spits on the people they want to fight their wars.

This thread was pure unadulterated *rage*. Proud of it, stand by it, every last ****ing word.

While like just about everybody who posted in this thread, I strongly disagree with the premise "Blame Rudy for not protecting NYC from a stunning, devastating terrorist attack", the OP serves a worthwhile purpose!

It presses a 'Refresh Button' on the most horrendous attack on domestic soil by a foreign entity in my lifetime!

Please, to all my fellow Americans (and those of you who feel connected to us) give this grave incident some solemn, introspective thought today. Think about it. Talk about it.

My heartfelt condolences to all of you stunned and blown away by this horrific attack!

Never ever forget about it!

While like just about everybody who posted in this thread, I strongly disagree with the premise "Blame Rudy for not protecting NYC from a stunning, devastating terrorist attack", the OP serves a worthwhile purpose!

It presses a 'Refresh Button' on the most horrendous attack on domestic soil by a foreign entity in my lifetime!

Please, to all my fellow Americans (and those of you who feel connected to us) give this grave incident some solemn, introspective thought today. Think about it. Talk about it.

My heartfelt condolences to all of you stunned and blown away by this horrific attack!

Never ever forget about it!

We have had so many 9/11’s since Jan, why in the world is this one more sacred? Shouldn’t we be spending all of our time on fighting the current 9/11?

He had no defenses in place to repel. He had no military ready at all to counterstrike. All government handouts because a Republican mayor can’t govern for ****.

Seems to me it is the Feds who are responsible for the defense of the nation. If you want to point fingers you should look at Congress and the President who were in officer before and during the 9/11 event.

We all should take a moment of silence to reflect on the event of 9/11.

Seems to me it is the Feds who are responsible for the defense of the nation. If you want to point fingers you should look at Congress and the President who were in officer before and during the 9/11 event.

We all should take a moment of silence to reflect on the event of 9/11.

We agree that federal resources should be deployed when a grave threat is aimed at the American people that require extraordinary counter measures not normally available to local government. My point has been I don’t understand why this was thrown out the window for 200k Americans but for 3k for the last 19 years we have to stop what we’re doing and look up?

We agree that federal resources should be deployed when a grave threat is aimed at the American people that require extraordinary counter measures not normally available to local government. My point has been I don’t understand why this was thrown out the window for 200k Americans but for 3k for the last 19 years we have to stop what we’re doing and look up?

Yet your OP points to the mayor of NYC. Therefore the rest of your post are just nonsense.

https://twitter.com/donie/status/1304425414568411137?s=21

Donald Trump will have killed, and continues to kill, more Americans than Osama Bin Laden could ever dream of.

If I offered a terrorist a deal in which the president of the united states would lie to the american people about the danger of a pandemic, can you imagine how quickly they would take me up on that deal? Can you imagine the personal and economic devastation such a deal would bring us.

Yet your OP points to the mayor of NYC. Therefore the rest of your post are just nonsense.

I cannot assist you with your journey on this one. You’ll just have to arrive there on your own.

Shameful.

Never forget. Ever.

How would Guiliani have had any control over flights originating from Boston? What control does the Mayor of a city have over the military? You realize that when the first tower was struck, the NYANG scrambled fighters to establish control over NYC airspace space, but they still couldn't get in place until about two minutes AFTER the second plane hit the WTC, right?

How would Guiliani have had any control over flights originating from Boston? What control does the Mayor of a city have over the military? You realize that when the first tower was struck, the NYANG scrambled fighters to establish control over NYC airspace space, but they still couldn't get in place until about two minutes AFTER the second plane hit the WTC, right?

So he was struck by something he had no idea was incoming, and in part because his government hid the extent of the danger we were facing? And and and he couldn’t unilaterally just seal off all of NYC quick enough after the first plane hit?

Oh dear.

So he was struck by something he had no idea was incoming, and in part because his government hid the extent of the danger we were facing? And and and he couldn’t unilaterally just seal off all of NYC quick enough after the first plane hit?

Oh dear.

What danger was Guiliani hiding? And how could he be hiding anything if he had no idea it was incoming?

Seriously, I'm also a Leftist, but your OP is garbage. The logic doesn't work.

What danger was Guiliani hiding? And how could he be hiding anything if he had no idea it was incoming?

Seriously, I'm also a Leftist, but your OP is garbage. The logic doesn't work.

I didn’t say Giuliani was hiding anything.

I’m sorry you do not like this thread.

Don't get yourself gigged because of this poster.

That's all that this poster is trying to accomplish here.
Yup. Thank you very much.
I don’t usually get torqued, but 9/11 is personal for me.
This kind of crap offends me as an American and as a New Yorker.

And and and he couldn’t unilaterally just seal off all of NYC quick enough after the first plane hit?

It takes time to scramble fighters, especially when those fighters aren't sitting on war alert, but instead the country is in full peace-time mode. It takes time for those fighters to fly from their bases to where they need to be.

The time between plane one and plane two hitting the WTC was only 16 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom