• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Moment of Silence: 19 Years Ago Today, Rudy Giuliani Failed NYC And Doomed Thousands

Look, I get what you're doing here. And I very much respect the fight, intelligence, energy, and wit you bring to the table. But this is really fsked up.

Oh well ...

I disagree. This is *exactly* the words being spoken by the right about 200k dead Americans. We accept it from not just their baes but their pols. Every day. WE accept the most dehumanizing, anti-American language from the right regarding everything from war dead to Trump plague dead. They had it coming is usually the variation they sell.

If using their words but with a tragedy involving 3k sounds insane, welcome to our nightmare when this is stretched over 200k and we’re told more is coming, and it’s okay that more is coming.

What’s ****ed up is spending a day mourning 3k Americans every year after Republicans have told us for the last 8 months American lives don’t matter.

That’s where I stand and I ain’t backing down one inch.

Not one.

I disagree, the venom, hate and tribalism is all over this board. At the very least the term partisanship is no longer applicable as a gauge, It’s gone beyond that.

Ergo, its not partisanship.

I disagree.
I had no doubt you you would!

This is *exactly* the words being spoken by the right about 200k dead Americans. We accept it from not just their baes but their pols. Every day. WE accept the most dehumanizing, anti-American language from the right regarding everything from war dead to Trump plague dead. They had it coming is usually the variation they sell.

If using their words but with a tragedy involving 3k sounds insane, welcome to our nightmare when this is stretched over 200k and we’re told more is coming, and it’s okay that more is coming.

What’s ****ed up is spending a day mourning 3k Americans every year after Republicans have told us for the last 8 months American lives don’t matter.
Agreed. In spades!

I also subscribe to, 'two wrongs don't make a right'. But then, that's a matter of opinion.

Thing is: I don't see DP as a place to do battle, or a team sport to win.

That’s where I stand and I ain’t backing down one inch.

Not one.
Like I said, I'm with the cause. We all pick our individual paths, methods, and mechanisms - to voice our opinions. Yours is your prerogative, which I respect your right to do so, as I'm sure you respect mine.

From the right blaming the dems for cities all over the country being burned and looted, the rioters, remember them? I see you guys don't like it when the dems play the same game you do.
We are blaming Dems because it's the Biden voters who are doing all the burning, the looting, and the killing and because the Dem mayors do not act to stop the thugs.

19 years ago today Almost 3000 New Yorkers died due to a Republican controlled state’s failure to protect its citizens.

Despite this being a pants-on-head retarded statement, I'll give you this one if you will turn around and blame Governor Cuomo for the THIRTY-TWO THOUSAND Covid deaths he is responsible for, sending sick seniors back to nursing homes. This wasn't Trump's fault. This is fully the state's fault, and he should be arrested for such flagrant acts of non-leadership.

Rudy is a moron but blaming him for 9/11 is kinda unnecessary. I mean blame Dubya because his administration sat on intel and didn't act on it (because they didn't believe it true), but it's not like the dumbass Rudy could have climbed the Twin Towers and chase off the planes.

What intel?

Was there anything ACTIONABLE in the intel?

Where ever you are, whatever you believe, today if you could say a prayer, tip your cap, give praise to Allah, do a rain dance:

19 years ago today Almost 3000 New Yorkers died due to a Republican controlled state’s failure to protect its citizens.

That was just that one day. Then came time for retaliation. They demanded a handout from the federal government. Send *your* troops, Rudy said. Send *your* planes, George Pataki demanded.

Shameful.

LEt’s never forget one of the greatest Republican City failures in the history of the country.

Never forget. Ever.

Wow, not one thing you said about responsibility rings true.

Actually Bush/Cheney admin knew of the 9/11 culprits and where they were living in Florida, and knew these culprits were taking flying lessons paying with cash yet never funded money for an FBI
surveillance project which likely would have prevented 9/11/01.

Conservative administrations do have a lackadaisical stupid leaning to them. Rump the Chump is no different. When sh-t is happening on their watch they are puzzled about what to do which is why they blame a potential
new president. Irresponsible and lazy.

Despite this being a pants-on-head retarded statement, I'll give you this one if you will turn around and blame Governor Cuomo for the THIRTY-TWO THOUSAND Covid deaths he is responsible for, sending sick seniors back to nursing homes. This wasn't Trump's fault. This is fully the state's fault, and he should be arrested for such flagrant acts of non-leadership.

Okay. So then 168k dead Americans go on Trump’s tab then.

What intel?

Was there anything ACTIONABLE in the intel?

Here are some things:

On August 6 the CIA warned the Bush administration directly in a brief that Al Qaeda was planning an attack against the US. During the whole summer CIA had monitored how training camps in Afghanistan had mysteriousy closed and people on their watch list had disappeared, which all pointed to some kind of attack being planned. The Bush administration reportedly shrugged it off as "can't really be that bad".

Also the Pan Am International Flight Academy warned the FBI about Zacarias Moussaoui who was training at the academy August 15 2001, Zacarias Mossoui was already on the French list of known or stronly suspected terrorists. Furthermore on August 24 2001 the CIA sends an urgent cable to the State Department and the FBI warning about an urgent threat involving several bin Laden connected individuals, one of them being Muhammed Atta.

Here are some things:

On August 6 the CIA warned the Bush administration directly in a brief that Al Qaeda was planning an attack against the US. During the whole summer CIA had monitored how training camps in Afghanistan had mysteriousy closed and people on their watch list had disappeared, which all pointed to some kind of attack being planned. The Bush administration reportedly shrugged it off as "can't really be that bad".

Also the Pan Am International Flight Academy warned the FBI about Zacarias Moussaoui who was training at the academy August 15 2001, Zacarias Mossoui was already on the French list of known or stronly suspected terrorists. Furthermore on August 24 2001 the CIA sends an urgent cable to the State Department and the FBI warning about an urgent threat involving several bin Laden connected individuals, one of them being Muhammed Atta.

The word was ACTIONABLE...

The camps closed.... And....

What?

This leads to the twin towers being attacked how?

Camps close... _______ then ___________ then _________ then attacks.

Where is the HOW, WHEN and WHERE of the plan?

And Moussaoui WAS investigated... The FBI was prevented from examining the contents of his laptop due to legal issues.

Would you support a ban on Muslim men taking flight training?

This thread is ridiculous.

Unlike Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton , President Trump did not vote for the Iraq War.

We are blaming Dems because it's the Biden voters who are doing all the burning, the looting, and the killing and because the Dem mayors do not act to stop the thugs.

Prove it's dems. You can't. Its just what the right tells each other.

This thread is ridiculous.

Unlike Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton , President Trump did not vote for the Iraq War.

After the towers went down, trump bragged about having the tallest building in Lower Manhattan. On 9/11/01.

Okay. So then 168k dead Americans go on Trump’s tab then.

There's a chain of command. Local governments go to the state. State goes to the Fed. Quit pretending all the government officials under Trump don't exist. In fact, one of the first things Trump did was send the hospital ship to NYC. Did dumb-ass Cuomo use it? No. That's on him. The ship was sitting right there in the harbor. Your stance is firmly set around TDS. Nothing more.

Okay this is getting stupid.

No it isn't...

Rudy Giuliani’s Five Big Lies About 9/11 | The Village Voice
Rudy Giuliani's Five Big Lies About 9/11 | The Village Voicewww.villagevoice.com › 2007/07/31 › rudy-giulianis-fi...
Jul 31, 2007 - When Giuliani needed an emergency management director a couple of years ... of 1993, Giuliani never established any protocols for rooftop or elevator ... his girlfriend Judi Nathan there long before the relationship surfaced.

Memo Details Objections to Command Center Site - The New York Times
Memo Details Objections to Command Center Site -
Jan 26, 2008 - Rudolph W. Giuliani, the mayor then, has acknowledged some police ... at emergency preparedness, a record that the Giuliani campaign went to some ...

Time and winger propaganda heals all wounds? Would have been nicer if fire/rescue had been given this "heads up" Rudy claimed on camera, his team received!
Rudy Giuliani during the September 11 attacks - Wikipedia
In May 2007, Giuliani put responsibility for selecting the location on Jerome M. Hauer, New York City’s first Director of Emergency Management who had been appointed by Giuliani himself and had served under Giuliani from 1996 to 2000. Hauer has taken exception to that account in interviews and has provided Fox News and New York Magazine with a memo demonstrating that he recommended a location in Brooklyn, but was overruled by Giuliani. Television journalist Chris Wallace interviewed Giuliani on May 13, 2007, about his 1997 decision to locate the command center at the World Trade Center. Giuliani laughed during Wallace's questions and said that Hauer recommended the World Trade Center site and claimed that Hauer said that the WTC site was the best location. Wallace presented Giuliani a photocopy of Hauer's directive letter. The letter urged Giuliani to locate the command center in Brooklyn, instead of lower Manhattan, because "not as visible a target as buildings in lower Manhattan."[5][6][7][8][9] The February 1996 memo read, "The [Brooklyn] building is secure and not as visible a target as buildings in Lower Manhattan."[10]
During the attack
During the attack, Giuliani may have been near the WTC towers. Interviews with Barry Jennings, a 9/11 survivor of the tower 7 crash, reveals that Giuliani may have been in tower 7 on the day of the attacks, but exited the building hours before collapse. Additionally, in an interview with ABC News on the day of the attacks, Giuliani indicated that he was "at the scene" saying: "We went down to the scene and we set up headquarters at 75 Barclay Street which was right there with the police commissioner [and] the fire commissioner and the head of emergency management. And we were operating out of there when we were told that the World Trade Center was gonna collapse, and it did collapse before we could actually get out of the building so we were trapped in the building for 10-15 minutes and finally found an exit, got out, walked North, took a lot of people with us."...

Local DC air defense, reporting directly to the POTUS and Secret Service, made this inadequate response...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...capital/64e973f9-fa6a-40bd-995f-29c0b9e8f425/
Flights of Vigilance Over the Capital

By Steve Vogel
April 8, 2002

"They said challenge them, try to turn them away; if they don't turn away, use whatever force is necessary to keep them from hitting buildings downtown," Wherley said.Three of the squadron's jets had been flying that morning, returning to Andrews after a training flight to North Carolina.
Only one of the planes had enough fuel to keep flying, and it had no missiles, just training ammunition. Maj. Billy Hutchison, who landed before a decision had been made, was quickly ordered back into the air, launching about 50 minutes after the Pentagon was hit.....

Where ever you are, whatever you believe, today if you could say a prayer, tip your cap, give praise to Allah, do a rain dance:

That was just that one day. Then came time for retaliation. They demanded a handout from the federal government. Send *your* troops, Rudy said. Send *your* planes, George Pataki demanded.

Shameful.

LEt’s never forget one of the greatest Republican City failures in the history of the country.

Never forget. Ever.

Bullshiting.jpg

He had no defenses in place to repel. He had no military ready at all to counterstrike. All government handouts because a Republican mayor can’t govern for ****.
Yeah, his anti-air missile crews had the day off. :roll:

There's a chain of command. Local governments go to the state. State goes to the Fed. Quit pretending all the government officials under Trump don't exist. In fact, one of the first things Trump did was send the hospital ship to NYC. Did dumb-ass Cuomo use it? No. That's on him. The ship was sitting right there in the harbor. Your stance is firmly set around TDS. Nothing more.

Okay. Got it. Cuomo = bad guy. NYers will hopefully do the right thing there. Booo. So. How many deaths do you attribute to the president of the united states? If you want to say “zero” go for it. That’s an answer too. Seems like you really really wanna say zero. ;)

Back
Top Bottom