• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

30 Abortions Threads.....Nothing about inflation

And your conclusion would show that it is you who really has very little clue.

The SCOTUS making this a state matter is following the Constitution.

If contraception is a federal right, please point out where that is enumerated. And spare me the emanations from penumbras.

Enjoy your remedial civics class.
Well, then you explain why the Republican Party did a total about face on abortion, genius.

So you want to get rid of contraception next? Pure idiocy. Go put on your Islamic robe.

People’s votes in November can impact women’s right to choose, but won’t impact inflation.

You know that.

I know that.

But most don't know that.

It's an unfortunate fact that the guy who's holding the reigns when things go south gets the blame. The potential energy for inflation has been building for years.

However, just like Trump failed on COVID, Biden is failing in this area.

And the left is going to (according to data I see) pay dearly.

So you want to get rid of contraception next? Pure idiocy. Go put on your Islamic robe.

Please quote where I said that.

I asked if you could show me where it was a federally protected right.

Can you do that ?

Please quote where I said that.

I asked if you could show me where it was a federally protected right.

Can you do that ?
Then it must be declared unconstitutional.

I'm just following your same idiotic logic regarding abortion.

You know that.

I know that.

But most don't know that.

So your complaint is that people on this board know more than your caricature of the average voter? Maybe so! I guess, as you say, that makes it “left leaning.”

Gee, you mean it’s on the ballot in every state in the country in November, unlike inflation?

We can play this game as long as you'd like. If you think it will change the outcome, please have at it.

There are more than a few people who are happy with the way Roe went.

That will be reflected too.

Right now, the clownshow in D.C. is not reassuring anyone.

And that will come back to haunt them. That's not me speaking.

That's a good question. And, frankly, not one I can answer.

However, what I can say is that:

1. Data seems to indicated Roe isn't moving the needle with regards to voters.
2. Data seems to indicate that inflation is moving the needle with regards to voters.
3. This forum is in a tissy over the SCOTUS decision. It's a left leaning forum. So, I guess that is to be expected.
4. Claims are made by those on the left that this is going to move the needle....but it hasn't.

So, we could start with any of those. That's what I'd like to do.

However, it seems all I am reading is.....

We care more about Roe than inflation.
Inflation has been discussed on this board for well over a year. The overturning of RvW is only weeks old.

What more can be discussed about inflation? If there are no real political solutions, why should we continue to discuss this old topic on a political forum?

RvW and abortion access IS a political topic and has political solutions. Therefore, it is appropriate to discuss on a political forum.

You even appear to admit you have no solutions to inflation, so what exactly do you want to discuss beyond your obvious grievances?

Then it must be declared unconstitutional.

I'm just supporting your same idiotic logic regarding abortion.

You are the one who seems to be lacking logic.

Abortion wasn't declared unconstitutional.

It was, in a strange way, declared not to be a federal matter.

Are you telling me that NO STATE will allow abortion ?

If somehow, contraception gets to the SCOTUS (and I think they have better things to review), then we'll talk.

Inflation has been discussed on this board for well over a year. The overturning of RvW is only weeks old.

What more can be discussed about inflation? If there are no real political solutions, why should we continue to discuss this old topic on a political forum?

RvW and abortion access IS a political topic and has political solutions. Therefore, it is appropriate to discuss on a political forum.

You even appear to admit you have no solutions to inflation, so what exactly do you want to discuss beyond your obvious grievances?

There is no grievance.

I am pointing out that abortion is holding the limelight on this board.

That's not true for most of the country.

I don't seem to understand how that is so hard to comprehend.

So your complaint is that people on this board know more than your caricature of the average voter? Maybe so! I guess, as you say, that makes it “left leaning.”

Know more ?

or

Care more ?

There is no grievance.

This is a political forum. I think that should answer your question.

I don't know what is more remarkable...that the rat party and their media minions KNOW how easily they can get their mindless followers to focus on everything BUT the complete total and dismal failure of the current administration and rat congress...or the willingness and eagerness of their mindless followers to prove them right.

That's what a lot of this is about. Republicans hated the feminist movement in the late 1970s and that's what this is really all about. In fact, the 1976 Republican Party Convention platform was pro-abortion. Most Republicans and most Protestant religious leaders supported a woman's right to choose until the late 1970s.

It was never about "saving the unborn".
and in the 1970s the republican party had some mixture (moderates, some old dems changing parties, etc). so it was conservatives back then that hated women gaining rights/sexual freedom/interracial choices.

Well, then you explain why the Republican Party did a total about face on abortion, genius.

don't worry. the crusty old conservative men have unleased a revolution of young women who will not only be more politically involved but politically militant. it won't be just one Jane Fonda this time.

now it's just a matter of time.

There is no grievance.

It's been on the radio every morning. On the news every night.

1. It isn't important enough to people for them to forgive the other stupidity of Biden. He's toast.

2. He's been taking a hit on this for months and his approval is only going down.

3. Presidents have little affect on inflation. But just like the left tried to hang so many things on Trump, Biden's going to pay the same price. Regardless of how true it is. You sowed from 2016 to 2020, now you are going to reap.

You seem to be quite uneducated on economics. Inflation isn't Biden's fault and it was going up before he took office. Hell even Conservative economists say inflation is due to a sudden explosion in the money supply and that happened well before Biden took office.

This has to be one of the more ignorant takes on things I've seen (and it gets repeated over and over again).

Old crusty men ruled on the constitutionality of a law. They could not let Roe stand given their decision.

Back to the states where people can have AS MUCH SEX AS THEY WANT.
You actually posted this. 😂

You seem to be quite uneducated on economics. Inflation isn't Biden's fault and it was going up before he took office. Hell even Conservative economists say inflation is due to a sudden explosion in the money supply and that happened well before Biden took office.

Yes, well you seem to be uneducated on what I've posted in this and other threads.

Essentially saying it isn't his fault, but that process is such that it's going to get pinned on him.

As I have stated other places, the potential energy for inflation has been being built into the economy for years.

No president controls the economy, especially one as complex as ours. And so it is never a president's fault.

Just like the issues with the economy during COVID were not Trump's fault.

don't worry. the crusty old conservative men have unleased a revolution of young women who will not only be more politically involved but politically militant. it won't be just one Jane Fonda this time.

now it's just a matter of time.

Same tired drum you keep beating.

Keep it up.

You'll see soon enough that your wet dream isn't going to happen.

Desperate to talk about anything other than the GQP supreme court shitting all over American women?
Not only American women, but Black American voters, the environment, gun safety, and separation of church and state.

Not only American women, but Black American voters, the environment, gun safety, and separation of church and state.

Please keep those as your front and center talking points.

It will make our jobs easier.

It's all so easy to predict.

But, they couldn't even figure out that the crook/con man trump is a crook and con man. I guess we shouldn't expect them to understand the next 20 to 50 years.

I would be if I were trying to make it worse, or simply ignoring it.
That is the funny part of politics. You cannot declare yourself a solution or part of the problem ;)

Yes, it's still with us.

And will be a bigger issue, by far, than abortion as polling is already showing.

The board has a bunch of abortion threads on the front page, but nothing on what people are really concerned about.

So here you go....

Dashing hopes inflation was starting to level off, the Labor Department reported that the Consumer Price Index (CPI) in May grew by its highest level since 1981.

CPI rose 8.6% in the month, up from 8.3% in April, exceeding the 8.3% gain economists were expecting. On a month-over-month basis, CPI rose 1% compared with April, topping expectations for a 0.7% gain.

The May CPI data is only the latest indicator suggesting that inflation remains elevated and has not yet peaked in the U.S. The S&P 500 initially dropped by nearly 1% on Friday morning following the disappointing May inflation report.

This could mean another interest rate hike and that would just about assure a recession.
Nothing to talk about. It's there. Republicans have not said what they would do about ti.

What else is there to say?

Back
Top Bottom