• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

30 Abortions Threads.....Nothing about inflation

Maybe because inflation is temporary and the attack on abortion is not?

Yes, it's still with us.

And will be a bigger issue, by far, than abortion as polling is already showing.

The board has a bunch of abortion threads on the front page, but nothing on what people are really concerned about.

So here you go....

Dashing hopes inflation was starting to level off, the Labor Department reported that the Consumer Price Index (CPI) in May grew by its highest level since 1981.

CPI rose 8.6% in the month, up from 8.3% in April, exceeding the 8.3% gain economists were expecting. On a month-over-month basis, CPI rose 1% compared with April, topping expectations for a 0.7% gain.

The May CPI data is only the latest indicator suggesting that inflation remains elevated and has not yet peaked in the U.S. The S&P 500 initially dropped by nearly 1% on Friday morning following the disappointing May inflation report.

This could mean another interest rate hike and that would just about assure a recession.
It's more important to the democrats to kill babies than to conquer Biden's inflationary policies.

It's more important to the democrats to kill babies than to conquer Biden's inflationary policies.

Seems like a bit of oversimplification to me.

I am not so sure that all democrats find abortion that much of an issue. Many do, don't get me wrong.

But I think the polling is showing that most independents don't find it a lightning rod vs. the inflation we are dealing with.

Yes, it's still with us.

And will be a bigger issue, by far, than abortion as polling is already showing.

The board has a bunch of abortion threads on the front page, but nothing on what people are really concerned about.

So here you go....

Dashing hopes inflation was starting to level off, the Labor Department reported that the Consumer Price Index (CPI) in May grew by its highest level since 1981.

CPI rose 8.6% in the month, up from 8.3% in April, exceeding the 8.3% gain economists were expecting. On a month-over-month basis, CPI rose 1% compared with April, topping expectations for a 0.7% gain.

The May CPI data is only the latest indicator suggesting that inflation remains elevated and has not yet peaked in the U.S. The S&P 500 initially dropped by nearly 1% on Friday morning following the disappointing May inflation report.

This could mean another interest rate hike and that would just about assure a recession.
Virtually every family in America is feeling the crunch from inflation, food prices, energy prices, gasoline prices, it's all taking an extra $400-500 a month out of people's pockets. And the left are screaming about baby killing rights. Last year about 650,000 abortions took place and statistics say about 40% of those are someones second or third abortion. So contraception is in need, properly used it will prevent better than 98% of these pregnancies. But hey, let's kill babies, let's talk about womens reproductive rights, womens health care, but not about these babies, these vulnerable lives being killed.
Oh, and forget about inflation and all the other domestic problems Joe and his administration are bungling daily.

Virtually every family in America is feeling the crunch from inflation, food prices, energy prices, gasoline prices, it's all taking an extra $400-500 a month out of people's pockets. And the left are screaming about baby killing rights. Last year about 650,000 abortions took place and statistics say about 40% of those are someones second or third abortion. So contraception is in need, properly used it will prevent better than 98% of these pregnancies. But hey, let's kill babies, let's talk about womens reproductive rights, womens health care, but not about these babies, these vulnerable lives being killed.
Oh, and forget about inflation and all the other domestic problems Joe and his administration are bungling daily.

O.K.

I don't think we are arguing anything here....are we ?

While I don't like abortion, I don't think it is the top priority for me.

And I agree, the SCOTUS decision is nice way for the left to keep their base from taking the time to understand they are getting poorer by the day.

Until you're able/willing to see a problem exists, you're unable/unwilling to seek a solution, thereby remain a part of the problem
I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. I mean the problems may have nothing to do with us yet, and we are only bystanders. By the way, who determines you are solution or problem?

Can you please be a little more clear on what you are calling B.S. ?

It would be helpful to the discussion.
I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. I mean the problems may have nothing to do with us yet, and we are only bystanders. By the way, who determines you are solution or problem?

Yes, it's still with us.

So here you go....

Inflation is temporary. Your crazy GOP Taliban 12th century Islamic state may last a long time.

Inflation is temporary. Your crazy GOP Taliban 12th century Islamic state may last a long time.
inflation should be permanent. The issue is the number. It is good when it is under 3. It is an issue when it was over 4, IT IS A BIG PROBLEM WHEN IT IS OVER 7%

Yes, it's still with us.

So here you go....

Abortion is political. Inflation is also political, but not easily solved politically. If you have solutions, bring them. Otherwise, just more grievance politics by a RWer.

Though I'm capable of finding ways to benefit from inflation/recessions, I do recognize the fact that many others are unable/incapable of doing so.
The best answer to your question would be those who recognize the existence of a problem and are trying to find a reasonable/rational solution.

Though I'm capable of finding ways to benefit from inflation/recessions, I do recognize the fact that many others are unable/incapable of doing so.
The best answer to your question would be those who recognize the existence of a problem and are trying to find a reasonable/rational solution.
Don't say things like that loud :eek::eek::eek::eek:, you will be part of the problem before you know it.

Maybe you didn't understand the OP.

While you are right: Inflation is temporary.

Following the Constitution: May last a long time....

The point is that:

Much of America, from what I read, is very interested in inflation. The Roe thing only further energizes those who had a few efs to give about it to start.

But this board is a flurry of Roe......

Obviously, this board does not represent much of America in this regard.

All the cries, like those from @CaughtInThe, about losing women are not holding true. It's a wet-dream on his part.

The facts would indicate that America is going to partially change regimes again.

Abortion is political. Inflation is also political, but not easily solved politically. If you have solutions, bring them. Otherwise, just more grievance politics by a RWer.

This isn't about solutions so your direction is meaningless.

It's about pointing out something to debate it. Not be lectured about what it is or isn't.

Following the Constitution: May last a long time....
How is abolishing abortion "following the Constitution"? Roe vs Wade was supported by 5 REPUBLICAN justices. It was a CONSERVATIVE decision -- keep the Federal government out of the private lives of women. It was the CORRECT decision.

You ready to abolish contraception as well, since it's not in the Constitution?

You obviously don't know what the **** you're talking about.

How is abolishing abortion "following the Constitution".

You ready to abolish contraception as well, since it's not in the Constitution?

You obviously don't know what the **** you're talking about.

And your conclusion would show that it is you who really has very little clue.

The SCOTUS making this a state matter is following the Constitution.

If contraception is a federal right, please point out where that is enumerated. And spare me the emanations from penumbras.

Enjoy your remedial civics class.

This isn't about solutions so your direction is meaningless.

It's about pointing out something to debate it. Not be lectured about what it is or isn't.
If you have no solutions, what exactly are you debating?!?

How is abolishing abortion "following the Constitution"? Roe vs Wade was supported by 5 REPUBLICAN justices. It was a CONSERVATIVE decision -- keep the Federal government out of the private lives of women. It was the CORRECT decision.
it's literally about old, crusty men controlling the sex lives of young women (who date/have sex with/marry men from all cultures).

they can't stand it. but they will pass on eventually and the country will continue to progress eventually.

it's literally about old, crusty men controlling the sex lives of young women (who date/have sex with/marry men from all cultures).

they can't stand it. but they will pass on eventually and the country will continue to progress eventually.

That's what a lot of this is about. Republicans hated the feminist movement in the late 1970s and that's what this is really all about. In fact, the 1976 Republican Party Convention platform was pro-abortion. Most Republicans and most Protestant religious leaders supported a woman's right to choose until the late 1970s.

It was never about "saving the unborn".

Yes, it's still with us.

People’s votes in November can impact women’s right to choose, but won’t impact inflation.

If you have no solutions, what exactly are you debating?!?

That's a good question. And, frankly, not one I can answer.

However, what I can say is that:

1. Data seems to indicated Roe isn't moving the needle with regards to voters.
2. Data seems to indicate that inflation is moving the needle with regards to voters.
3. This forum is in a tissy over the SCOTUS decision. It's a left leaning forum. So, I guess that is to be expected.
4. Claims are made by those on the left that this is going to move the needle....but it hasn't.

So, we could start with any of those. That's what I'd like to do.

However, it seems all I am reading is.....

We care more about Roe than inflation.

Americans are weird like that, we're concerned with losing our freedom.

Don't say things like that loud :eek::eek::eek::eek:, you will be part of the problem before you know it.
I would be if I were trying to make it worse, or simply ignoring it.

This has to be one of the more ignorant takes on things I've seen (and it gets repeated over and over again).

Old crusty men ruled on the constitutionality of a law. They could not let Roe stand given their decision.

Back to the states where people can have AS MUCH SEX AS THEY WANT.

That's what a lot of this is about. Republicans hated the feminist movement in the late 1970s and that's what this is really all about. In fact, the 1976 Republican Party Convention platform was pro-abortion. Most Republicans and most Protestant religious leaders supported a woman's right to choose until the late 1970s.

It was never about "saving the unborn".

You'll see pro-choice'rs speaking at the RNC.

You'll NEVER see a pro-life speaker at the DNC.

But the left is about tolerance. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Most republicans still support the right to chose. And now they'll get that right in many states.

Most republicans also support the right of states to exercise the powers they retain per the 10th amendment.

Steven O. Douglas was a jerk and a terrible justice.

Back
Top Bottom