• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

30 Abortions Threads.....Nothing about inflation

Wow....5%.

My last two home loans were at 3%. And nut under the current idiot.
image-placeholder-title.webp

As you can see 5% fixed rates are STILL well below the historical average. Rates have been kept artificially low to try to spur GDP growth which has also been far below historical post WWII averages. Like most Americans I assume you have no savings and buy everything on credit so you like low interest rates that do not even keep up with inflation. It is a shortsighted and risky way to run a economy because it leaves no ammo for the Fed if a downturn occurs hence the Feds negative interest rates during the covid crisis. They were charging savers for keeping money with them.

Last edited:
image-placeholder-title.webp

As you can see 5% fixed rates are STILL well below the historical average. Rates have been kept artificially low to try to spur GDP growth which has also been far below historical post WWII averages. Like most Americans I assume you have no savings and buy everything on credit so you like low interest rates that do not even keep up with inflation. It is a shortsighted and risky way to run a economy because it leaves no ammo for the Fed if a downturn occurs hence the Feds negative interest rates during the covid crisis. They were charging savers for keeping money with them.

You assume.......

Why would you make such a left wing statement.......which usually turns out to be wrong and in this case is VERY WRONG.

I opened my first savings account when I was ten years old.

More ignorant statements from the left.

Does not matter if they are below historical average.....you or someone was touting their reduction.

You assume.......

Why would you make such a left wing statement.......which usually turns out to be wrong and in this case is VERY WRONG.

I opened my first savings account when I was ten years old.

More ignorant statements from the left.

Does not matter if they are below historical average.....you or someone was touting their reduction.
What matters is that rates are not high enough to cause a recession and the fact that they are down at all is an indication that inflation is easing. How much interest are you making on your savings? Did you think zero interest rates would last forever? Did you like that your savings were worth less because rates were lower than even normal inflation of 2%?

Hey, look, a squirrel.

That’s what it’s all about.

All those New York City rednecks.

I know. Why all the whining about abortion. The SCOTUS didn't make abortion illegal. They just confirmed it was a state's right and not a constitutional right. If you still want abortion in your state. quit whining and vote for it.

I know. Why all the whining about abortion. The SCOTUS didn't make abortion illegal. They just confirmed it was a state's right and not a constitutional right. If you still want abortion in your state. quit whining and vote for it.
You say that but republicans wanna ban abortion nationally in all 50 states it doesnt matter what the state wants it doesnt matter if california
supports abortion republicans wanna ban it in every state and make it a federal issue and not a state issue.

Saying quit whining and vote for it well kansas already voted against abortion bans so the majority supports abortion
and saying just go to a state where its legal also isnt good advice not everyone can afford to move and even if someone
moved if they ban it in all 50 states where would they go what state would they go to?

So what magic wand would you wave to reduce inflation? Not a fan of the free market?
You haven't heard about the Republican magic plan to end inflation as soon as they take office in Jan? Don't worry, no one else has either.

Back
Top Bottom