• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

22% of Refugees in Minnesota Positive for TB...

Where did you get the idea I'm a Christian? Not from me. I'll believe in miracles the day a conservative tells me that someone in need should get help, no strings attached. Funny how the wealthier and more privileged the con is, the louder and more emphatic their rejection of the idea of charity, of anyone getting unearned benefits.

The same way how you assumed that I am a Christian.

Charity my ass!

This just in: Obama spending millions to find summer jobs — for refugees.

That's my money this Muslim Marxist idiot is spending and I have no say in the matter. Or anyone else.

My charity covers only those who have my DNA - one gen up and two down. All others can go to ...somewhere else.

Last edited:

Charity my ass!

That's my money this Muslim Marxist idiot is spending and I have no say in the matter. Or anyone else.

My charity covers only those who have my DNA - one gen up and two down. All others can go to ...somewhere else.

Nah, they're not going somewhere else, your government is going to help them, some of them anyway, and you're right, you have no say in it.
People on the lunatic fringes of society almost never 'have a say', society has protections built-in to prevent it.

It doesnt MATTER who is to blame. What MATTERS is that we are seeing the steady spread of a deadly airborne disease that kills more people worldwide than HIV.

What matters is that it is stopped.

Who will do that? We have a president more concerned about goofballs using public restrooms, than about National Security!

Firstly, latent tb is not infectious.

Secondly, even with no treatment, only 5-10% of people with latent tb will go on to develop tb. So given your numbers in that year it works out to be around 700-1500 people. Half of those will develop full tb within 2 years. So we're looking at, worst case, where nobody is treated, 400 people getting TB in year one. In 2014 about 10,000 people get the disease per year, so those refugees would have accounted for 4% of all TB cases that year.

This was in 2014, so now two years on, I'm not sure I see the evidence of a TB epidemic bringing the country to its knees, so why are you getting your panties all in a twist?

EDIT: Also, Vance, statistics around HIV are misleading because HIV makes it easier for other diseases to kill you. IN fact, having HIV makes you much more likely to die from TB. So even though the cause of death might be TB, it might have only been life threatening due to HIV in the first place, so difficult to say whether HIV killed someone or TB did.

Well that's all well and good Nilly, so what about all the other diseases they are bringing in, added to the tb?

Who will do that? We have a president more concerned about goofballs using public restrooms, than about National Security!

Well that's all well and good Nilly, so what about all the other diseases they are bringing in, added to the tb?
Within 3 posts of a topic that is potentially disastrous to the health and welfare of the nation, the discussion became about Obama, Bush...and fricken Reagan for cryin out loud. Reagan. From 30-36 years ago. Thats insane.

Bush and Reagan are not in the office right now are they? I noticed that you left Clinton out. You obviously are not concerned about the present situation of vetted immigration being overlooked due to the incompetence of the current administration. Just another crow on the partisan fence.

:applaud:applaud

Nah, they're not going somewhere else, your government is going to help them, some of them anyway, and you're right, you have no say in it.
People on the lunatic fringes of society almost never 'have a say', society has protections built-in to prevent it.

And you, a good citizen of reasonable world view, had a say, right?

Did your government ever ask you how many immigrants you want in your town, or did they just say shut up and pay?

Yeah, I know. Representative form of government. Except that yours, like ours down here, represents the globalist ruling elites, not you or me.

They get the pats on the back for being charitable, and I get the bill and a shaft up my rear end.

And you, too.

Last edited:
Those damn Jews - I mean Muslims - spreading disease and death....!

:roll:
Actually, its not just Muslims though with the rush to bring in refugees we KNOW they arent properly screening people. No...the fact that we have outbreaks in California, Texas, and Florida are pretty clear indicators the problem is with improperly vetted immigrants and illegal immigrants that undergo ZERO screening.

What other diseases are they bringing in? Let me know and then we can assess the threat posed by then. Eagerly await your response.

Within 3 posts of a topic that is potentially disastrous to the health and welfare of the nation, the discussion became about Obama, Bush...and fricken Reagan for cryin out loud. Reagan. From 30-36 years ago. Thats insane.

Potentially disastrous to the health and welfare of the nation? Really???

Or I was pointing out that the OP was blaming the current president for something that was occurring for 3 decades. Should Obama go back and stop the refugees from 10 years ago from coming into the US.

The OP was not concerned about the situation, just seeking to blame Obozo in his own words

No...but obozo should stop the unbridled influx, as championed by Trump!!!!

Instead, obama encourages the influx, applauds it and is sending a message to all of us, to wit: **** YOU America!!!!

Omitting Clinton was obvious.

Glaringly obvious!

you might redo this so it is honest

Hey, I didn't author it.......don't like it, go rag on the people who wrote it.

Yes it was and intentional, due to the probable nature of the OP.

Immigrants and refugee's are likely to have a higher level of disease.

When it comes to refugee's one can decide to be compassionate and seek to help them or leave them to be killed in their previous country. TB can be treated, so can the other diseases listed, death can not

I think that Saudi Arabia or other ME countries ought to be taking these people in. Why pollute the US and Europe?

The third choice: put them in temporary camps and kick them out when the reasons why they came here no longer apply.

TB can be treated. I just don't want it to be at my expense.

Mega Dittos!

And you, a good citizen of reasonable world view, had a say, right?

Did your government ever ask you how many immigrants you want in your town, or did they just say shut up and pay?

Yeah, I know. Representative form of government. Except that yours, like ours down here, represents the globalist ruling elites, not you or me.

They get the pats on the back for being charitable, and I get the bill and a shaft up my rear end.

And you, too.

I don't live in a town, I live on an island with about 800 year-round residents. We've been working to satisfy the feds requirements to sponsor two families, fund-raising, finding accommodation and job prospects.- so far we've only got the resources to sponsor one young couple, a construction worker and a nurse from Syria. They'll be fine here, provided they can handle relative isolation.
You must be used to that shaft by now. You've probably been getting it all your life.

Mighty Christian attitude

Christianity has it's limit's, after all even thou we strive to be like Christ, we are still only human and detest obozo's policies....Every Damn one of them!!!!!

Your reiteration of the excusing of saint Ronnie/implicating slick Willy given in post 4 was even more obvious.

St. Ronnie, as I pointed out previously here, was probably not involved in this crapola....it has all the earmarks of bleeding heart, liberal Democrats..... cluster****!

Again with the camps. What is it with conservatives and camps and fences and walls?
Is there anything, any circumstance, that would make you say, "Yes, let's help them. Let's give them what they need."
Anything?

Sure, let's donate one of our unused islands and let them start their own territory. ;)

Refugees are supposed to be temporary. They bring nothing of value, are unemployable and forever on welfare. They also bring TB and other s*** I don't want to catch. Hence, a camp. If they don't like it, they can go somewhere else.

We should give a million in cash each after the last kid in the U.S. is taken care of, our debt paid off, and the budget balanced.

Unless, of course, you are a magician who can give what he does not have. Like money.

Now that I answered your questions, since you are a Christian, do you still believe in miracles, or did you wise up?

Damn good post! :thumbs::thumbs: I fully agree!

Those damn Jews - I mean Muslims - spreading disease and death....!

:roll:

Except, the Jews didn't bring a lot of disease with them, and certainly not a lot of crime....and on top of that....they contribute greatly to our country.(Doctors, bankers, movie moguls, etc.)

The Jews however, seem to forget their roots after awhile, glowing in the great richness and opportunities they have in America and turn into liberal Democrats and forsaking their Conservative principles.

My point? Jews contribute greatly and pay it back, Muslims, not so much. And there is no Jewish blood in me.

Stay away from them if you're that scared. Most refugees will go home sfter the fiasco there is straightened out, lots anyway. The ones that stay, well, you may not know it but first-generation immigrants are known to be energetic over-achievers despite what bigoted fear-mongers say.

Nawww....the ME is a powder keg full of conflict, until the end of time. Nothing will be straightened out....I've been observing it for well over 50 years. They Talk of Peace, but there will be No Peace!

Where did you get the idea I'm a Christian? Not from me. I'll believe in miracles the day a conservative tells me that someone in need should get help, no strings attached. Funny how the wealthier and more privileged the con is, the louder and more emphatic their rejection of the idea of charity, of anyone getting unearned benefits.

Conservative Christians have been helping out the poor and destitute since time immemorial. The obummer Regime is allowing way too many people into this country, with little to no safeguards of our citizens! It's not about doing it....it's about the vast numbers and poor screening .....or no screening!!!

Stop blaming Conservatives and put the blame squarely where it belongs.................on the obama Regime!

Charity my ass!

YES!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

The lunatic fringe, covers where most liberals reside! Thus the terrible state this country is in....Once again Detroit and Chicago, run by liberal dopes, are the worst places in the USA!

Parts of Michigan, Atalanta, Philly and Baltimore...are nearly tied for first place! Do you see the common denominator GM?

Within 3 posts of a topic that is potentially disastrous to the health and welfare of the nation, the discussion became about Obama, Bush...and fricken Reagan for cryin out loud. Reagan. From 30-36 years ago. That's insane.

Yep...insanity =liberals and liberalism!

I don't live in a town, I live on an island with about 800 year-round residents. We've been working to satisfy the feds requirements to sponsor two families, fund-raising, finding accommodation and job prospects.- so far we've only got the resources to sponsor one young couple, a construction worker and a nurse from Syria. They'll be fine here, provided they can handle relative isolation.
You must be used to that shaft by now. You've probably been getting it all your life.

What do you mean by "the feds requirements to sponsor". Your federal goons actually told you that you must, or else? Is this what I getting from you?

What other diseases are they bringing in? Let me know and then we can assess the threat posed by then. Eagerly await your response.

Potentially disastrous to the health and welfare of the nation? Really???
In the United States, up to 13 million people have been exposed to TB and could develop the disease.

Every year, tuberculosis claims 1.5 million lives worldwide and 500 to 600 in this country.

“Tuberculosis (TB) has surpassed HIV as the leading cause of death from infectious disease worldwide,” the Minnesota Department of Health reports. Tuberculosis is airborne and can be spread when a person active tuberculosis coughs, sneezes, or otherwise transmits the infection to a previously uninfected individual. Treatment for tuberculosis is long and expensive. If caught early, it typically takes about nine months for a person with active tuberculosis to improve to latent tuberculosis. Not everyone diagnosed with active tuberculosis, however, improves."

As many as 30 million illegal immigrants in this country. Millions of improperly vetted refugees in this country with an administration 'dying' to open the floodgates. A CURRENT infection rate of 22%.

In the United States, up to 13 million people have been exposed to TB and could develop the disease.

Every year, tuberculosis claims 1.5 million lives worldwide and 500 to 600 in this country.

“Tuberculosis (TB) has surpassed HIV as the leading cause of death from infectious disease worldwide,” the Minnesota Department of Health reports. Tuberculosis is airborne and can be spread when a person active tuberculosis coughs, sneezes, or otherwise transmits the infection to a previously uninfected individual. Treatment for tuberculosis is long and expensive. If caught early, it typically takes about nine months for a person with active tuberculosis to improve to latent tuberculosis. Not everyone diagnosed with active tuberculosis, however, improves."

As many as 30 million illegal immigrants in this country. Millions of improperly vetted refugees in this country with an administration 'dying' to open the floodgates. A CURRENT infection rate of 22%.

Did you not see the post I quoted you in? Post 8.

The third choice: put them in temporary camps and kick them out when the reasons why they came here no longer apply.

Then remove the text at the base of the statue of liberty, and redefine, globaly, what the united states stands for, for those on the outside.

You are, quite literally, the worst that this country has to offer.

Then remove the text at the base of the statue of liberty, and redefine, globaly, what the united states stands for, for those on the outside.

You are, quite literally, the worst that this country has to offer.

Removing is not enough.

It should be replaced with: Stay the F*** Away. This Bus Is Full and Running on Fumes.

If everybody was like me, we would not be drowning in the illegal scum, San Bernardino would have never happened, the Towers would still be standing, we would not be giving away billions in foreign aid while flat broke.

Am I forgetting something?

Oh yeah, it's Statue of Liberty, globally, and the Unites States.

All crimes by immigrants are 100% preventable. Just don't let them in.

Last edited:
Bringing crime and disease to a city near you.....way to go obozo!

Bringing fear, hatred and xenophobia to a city near you....MickeyW

Heart disease can be treated, I don't want you eating a bunch of corn dogs and have it being treated at my expense.

Back
Top Bottom