• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

22% of Refugees in Minnesota Positive for TB...

Ah... but latent TB often turns into active TB!

Post *8 by Nilly:

Secondly, even with no treatment, only 5-10% of people with latent tb will go on to develop tb. So given your numbers in that year it works out to be around 700-1500 people. Half of those will develop full tb within 2 years. So we're looking at, worst case, where nobody is treated, 400 people getting TB in year one. In 2014 about 10,000 people get the disease per year, so those refugees would have accounted for 4% of all TB cases that year.

One of every five refugees resettled in Minnesota by the federal government tested positive for latent tuberculosis in 2014, according to the state’s Department of Health.

22 Percent of Resettled Refugees in Minnesota Test Positive for Tuberculosis - Breitbart

eMedicine Health-Tuberculin Skin Test
A BCG (bacille Calmette-Guérin) vaccination. If you have had a BCG vaccination, you may have a positive PPD skin test even though you don't have TB.

A lot of those people do not have TB. I do chest X rays on a lot of people from other countries who have had the vaccine and had a positive PPD. They're not even asked to wear a mask. A suspected TB patient however requires additional precautions, I have to wear a N-95 fitted mask, a mask on the patient at all times, and the X ray room has to be closed with a HEPA filter in it for an hour afterwards. The vaccine isn't used in the US for the most part, but a lot of countries do use it, so this is fairly common with immigrants.

Mark Twain said:
There are Truths, Lies, and Statistics

It doesnt MATTER who is to blame. What MATTERS is that we are seeing the steady spread of a deadly airborne disease that kills more people worldwide than HIV.

What matters is that it is stopped.

Remember the only thing a liberal sees is Democrat voters, nothing more. They've been indoctrinated into believing that life is about winning elections.

Me too!!!! Weird...
Do you have HIV/AIDS? Assuming you dont, does that mean we shouldnt be at all concerned about it as a public health matter?

Remember the only thing a liberal sees is Democrat voters, nothing more. They've been indoctrinated into believing that life is about winning elections.

Well, there are several republicans who sell their soul for votes too.

Indoctrination? No. That's what the colleges and high schools these days do to our kids.

Republicans don't care about winning elections? I'm pretty sure they do. Just a hunch.

Maybe you'd get a few votes if you didn't decide they were all spreading disease and committing crimes. That's just another hunch.

Bringing crime and disease to a city near you.....way to go obozo!

Btw...here is an article that should interest you.

'The scientists elaborate on this idea in the Current Directions article: Intelligence and thinking determine how people assess threats in the world. Those with lower ability—reasoning skills, processing speed, and so forth—prefer simple and predictable answers, because that is what they are capable of processing. Any uncertainty is threatening, and they respond to such threats by trying to preserve what is familiar and safe, the status quo. These conservative reactions are basic and normal—they reduce anxiety—but over time they harden into more stable and pervasive world views, which include stereotypical thinking, avoidance, prejudicial attitudes and over discrimination.'

'+windowtitle+'

Again with the camps. What is it with conservatives and camps and fences and walls?
Is there anything, any circumstance, that would make you say, "Yes, let's help them. Let's give them what they need."
Anything?

What is it with democrats and high crime rates, high poverty, and horrible decision making?
Why do you think most police officers and military personnel are conservative? Because democrats are know-nothing, do-nothing, self-appointed experts who drain every city they seize power in. I.e., Chicago, Detroit, NYC pre Giuliani, Los Angeles, etc, etc.

What is it with democrats and high crime rates, high poverty, and horrible decision making?
Why do you think most police officers and military personnel are conservative? Because democrats are know-nothing, do-nothing, self-appointed experts who drain every city they seize power in. I.e., Chicago, Detroit, NYC pre Giuliani, Los Angeles, etc, etc.

Is democrat the opposite of conservative? There's conservative democrats, I bet.
But you may be right in that 'democrat' implies American and city governments elsewhere in the world, Canada for instance, are very liberal without the cities going down the tubes. It's not a liberal thing, urban decay in the US, otherwise Vancouver would look like Detroit because the city government in Vancouver is so liberal they'd be illegal in a half-dozen states.

Great question. Why did everyone freak out over ebola. I eagerly await your response.

As to the rest of your post, I basically answered it in my post, this, in a worst possible case, is a fraction of the TB cases we already have. Net effect on causing nationwide endemic < 0.00001%

There's always acceptable loss to liberals in terms of immigration, especially when the safety of Americans is concerned.

Last edited:
Μολὼν λαβέ;1065890377 said:
There's always acceptable loss to liberals, especially when the safety of Americans is concerned.

There's an acceptable loss to you too, the safety and potentially the lives of innocent people. But they weren't born in the right place so you don't give a **** about them.

And you are bringing xenophobia to a thread near you.

Since when is a valid concern, xenophobia?

Is that one of the liberal indoctrination talking points?

Since when is a valid concern, xenophobia?

Lol...speaking of xenophobia.

'Simple Definition of xenophobia
: fear or hatred of strangers or foreigners
'

Xenophobia | Definition of Xenophobia by Merriam-Webster

And you two seem to have it.

He is not stating a valid concern, he is stating a fear-based, xenophobic prejudice. Making childish and negative assumptions based on racial/religious stereotypes and/or a simple fear of the unknown.

And if you cannot see that, you are about as bad as he is on this.

Is that one of the liberal indoctrination talking points?

I have no idea...I am not liberal.

Bye bye now. I try not to waste my time with xenophobes.

Last edited:
Is democrat the opposite of conservative? There's conservative democrats, I bet.
But you may be right in that 'democrat' implies American and city governments elsewhere in the world, Canada for instance, are very liberal without the cities going down the tubes. It's not a liberal thing, urban decay in the US, otherwise Vancouver would look like Detroit because the city government in Vancouver is so liberal they'd be illegal in a half-dozen states.

I agree, Canadian cities like Vancouver look beautiful from this side of the border. I'm impressed when I meet Canadians who are visiting the US, they're usually the most polite people I come across.
My opinion on why liberal Canadian cities stay nice wouldn't win me any friends here, so I'll save it.

Back
Top Bottom