• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2016 Presidential Election night discussion [Read #1397]

To think, the rust belt states rejected their Union leaders and Union roots.

They sure did. And they deserve all the union busting they got coming their way.

Actually, Trump won the popular vote. I didn't vote for Trump. My vote was for Gary Johnson. However, I do see why Trump won this election. People are pissed and wanted change. At this point, I am going to take a wait and see attitude, and see if he does what he said he would do. For right now, Trump is my president, and I am going to give him a chance.

yep... I want to see where his biggest emphasis will be early. I kind of wish he'd start tomorrow just out of my curiosity.

Last edited:
Ok, so when female/latino/black/transgender/gay/etc voted, they voted because there is a very real threat that their 'privilege' of being treated like straight white dudes will be taken away. Their 'privilege' to marry whomever they want. Their 'privilege' to bodily autonomy, their 'privilege' to self determination.

In many cases these people haven't had their 'privileges' for very long. I wish Trump the best, but I also hope Trump doesn't take them away.

Most places I see (CNN, Google, NYT, Fox) have HRC ahead on the popular vote

privileges per the constitution are to be applied equally to all people by the government FOR things the government does ....like services

privileges per the constitution are not supposed to applied to the people by the government on the property that government does not own /render a service.

what we have been seeing a lot of is.......... government dictation over the property of Citizens for political agendas, and i know a lot of people who are tired of that

Last edited:
privileges per the constitution are to be applied equally to all people by the government FOR things the government does ....like services

privileges per the constitution are not supposed to applied to the people by the government on the property that government does not own /render a service.

what we have been seeing a lot of is.......... government dictation over the property of Citizens for political agendas.

I see. So you don't want blacks sitting at lunch counters with whites any more.

Actually, Trump won the popular vote. I didn't vote for Trump. My vote was for Gary Johnson. However, I do see why Trump won this election. People are pissed and wanted change. At this point, I am going to take a wait and see attitude, and see if he does what he said he would do. For right now, Trump is my president, and I am going to give him a chance.

Danarhea, please check again. Trump did not win the popular vote.

I don't blame her actually.... she was the party shoe-in 8 years ago before Barack became the favorite and Hillary was passed over by all the lefty elites, this time she ran against a man who's never held a political office in his life, and lost again. Frankly, were I in her shoes I'd record a grim thin lipped conciliatory 5 minutes and retire to a never heard of island, never to be heard from again. But that's me.... I'm sure the Clintons would not have that much humility or common sense.

Bill knows where that island is.

Re: 2016 Presidential Election night discussion [Read #758]

I am displeased with the results for sure. I just want to get it going. Many people really wanted this and I want to see what they voted for in effect. Let's get this rolling. Let's see if he makes America Great Again. Or if they were wrong. Let's just find out.

Indeed. There were some huge promises made and they're out of excuses now that they have the White House and both Houses of Congress.

They sure did. And they deserve all the union busting they got coming their way.

Oh I don't think that was their objective at alli

OK trumpettes... question.

What do you think Trumps first major action will be?

Oh I don't think that was their objective at alli

Doesn't matter. That's what they got. I'm sure their objective was to vote against hillary. But what sits in that seat isn't what you voted against but what you voted for.... and that's what they voted for.

I think this ginormous slap in the face of the clinton machine will emblolden the crap out of the Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren progressive wing of the Democratic Party. As much as it was a vote for trump or against hillary... within the dem party I think it will turn into a vote of no confidence for that yesteryear clintonian "third-way" politics. That train failed epically last night and I don't see it recovering.

The other option would be that the dem party thinks they need to move hard to the right. That would be an even worse mistake. There is already a party over there and mimicking them won't win the dems anything.
I never understood that mentality on the left. Is something doesn't work, why is the solution to double down?

Hillary's move to the left was a failing strategy. How will moving to the far, far left improve any chance of taking the Presidency?

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

Classy response. I am however surprised that you were easily indoctrinated by the Hillary Clinton political machine and the media. Results matter in your world as well as the real world. Hillary's results speak for themselves but were ignored. In the end change was demanded and there was no way we would get that change thus the status quo of high debt, dependence would have continued

I wasn't "indoctrinated" I thought (and still think) Trump was a terrible alternative as I don't think he can do the job (and Hillary could)..... but there is plenty of time to discuss that; now is not that time. Enjoy your moment.

I never understood that mentality on the left. Is something doesn't work, why is the solution to double down?

Hillary's move to the left was a failing strategy. How will moving to the far, far left improve any chance of taking the Presidency?

Sanders would've stood a far better chance. Sanders had a message that resonated with the rust belt voters. Hillary did not.

Robby Mook took a page of of political history that was "Donna Brazille's tales on how to lose an election" and did the same thing. Had Hillary sit back on her heals and instead of putting out a message to the people of why they should vote FOR her and opted to pretend like Trump would sink himself and just run commercials about how bad trump was.

Hillary isn't really left at all.

During the primaries, polls all had Bernie (who is far further left) performing better vs Trump than Hillary.

Although I guess you can't necessarily trust polls.

And yet what about the Supreme Court? I agree that Trump likely wouldn't pursue those sorts of things, but who he nominates can result in changes without his involvement, or support. Right?

That's possible - I suppose anything's possible - but you'd have to agree that replacing Scalia with anyone other than a strict constitutional adherent would tip the balance that the Supreme Court has enjoyed the passed couple of decades. It is far more likely that a Republican President will appoint/nominate a justice who is on the outside a conservative but in practice a centrist than it is to have a Democrat President appoint/nominate a justice who on the outside is a liberal but in practice a centrist. All of the justice in the past 30 years who have been appointed that have moderated to the middle often or frequently have been those appointed by Reagan, Bush and Bush - those appointed by Clinton and Obama are liberal agenda disciples who never waiver. I'm pretty sure Trump's picks will be no different from those of his three Republican predecessors.

Hillary isn't really left at all.

During the primaries, polls all had Bernie (who is far further left) performing better vs Trump than Hillary.

Although I guess you can't necessarily trust polls.

**** no... not anymore.

I see. So you don't want blacks sitting at lunch counters with whites any more.

i will put it as simple as i can:

its is illegal for government to give Citizen [A] a privilege and force Citizen to honor the governments privilege.

government creates privileges and they are suppose to honor the privileges they create, ...not the people

this HAS the effect of government creating rights for people, and government cannot create rights.

example: if government told Citizen he must serve Citizen [A], then government is essential creating a right for Citizen [A] which he can exercise over Citizen and government cannot do that without violating the right of Citizen

and government has been doing this for years!

Just saw where 29 percent of Hispanics voted for Trump.

I wasn't "indoctrinated" I thought (and still think) Trump was a terrible alternative as I don't think he can do the job (and Hillary could)..... but there is plenty of time to discuss that; now is not that time. Enjoy your moment.

See, that is what I don't understand, how is an establishment candidate who was part of the problem going to correct what her resume says she couldn't do? The country wanted change, apparently you didn't. There is no way someone who helped create the problem even knew there was a problem thus wouldn't generate different results

See, that is what I don't understand, how is an establishment candidate who was part of the problem going to correct what her resume says she couldn't do? The country wanted change, apparently you didn't. There is no way someone who helped create the problem even knew there was a problem thus wouldn't generate different results

seems reasonable!

Back
Top Bottom