• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

10-year-old upset about waking up early/headset guns down mother; charged as an adult

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
As a political body, I don't think there's any laws we can pass to prevent this. This could happen in any country.

"The boy was allegedly mad at his mom for waking him up early and not letting him have something on Amazon, according to a criminal complaint."

Maybe laws aren't the solution. Better mental health resources aimed at identifying such individuals and developong improved treatment options would go a long way.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this isn't a mental health issue. I bet it is bad parenting coming back on the parent.

As a political body, I don't think there's any laws we can pass to prevent this. This could happen in any country.

"The boy was allegedly mad at his mom for waking him up early and not letting him have something on Amazon, according to a criminal complaint."

Good to know 2A is always at the ready!

The boy sounds like a true sociopath. Abused the family dog. Disabled the cameras set up to record his bad behavior. Stole the keys to the gun safe the night before. Lied to investigators that it was an accidental discharge, and then asked if his Oculus had arrived from Amazon.

Maybe laws aren't the solution. Better mental health resources aimed at identifying such individuals and developong improved treatment options would go a long way.
Perhaps it was the mothers fault for allowing a child access to a gun? Or is everything societies fault and gun owners never have any responsibilities ?

Can't see any reason for him not to have a gun. He is 10 after all

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this isn't a mental health issue. I bet it is bad parenting coming back on the parent.
Didn’t read the article did you?

Due to his age, the boy was allowed to remain with his family. However, the following day, the family contacted the Milwaukee Police Department with "serious concerns."

The complaint says the boy's 26-year-old sister told detectives he has had "rage issues" all of his life and "five different imaginary people that talk to him."

A therapist previously gave the boy a "concerning diagnosis" and the mother had placed cameras inside the home to watch him, according to the complaint. Two weeks prior to the woman's murder, "someone had unplugged these cameras."
…….
The complaint says a family member also alleged that the boy would pick their puppy up by the tail and "swing the puppy around until it whined and howled in pain." This occurred when the boy was allegedly four-years-old.

An aunt told detectives that the boy never cried or showed remorse following his mother's death.
I would say that yea there was some mental illness issues for sure

Except in that country that doesn't allow any guns whatsoever.

What country was that again?

Except in that country that doesn't allow any guns whatsoever.

What country was that again?
This happens all the time in japan....oh wait....it never does

How the hell would anyone know if a 10 years old needs mental health help?
I'm positive there were signs. The guy that shot Giffords in the face finally got treatment afterwards and he can't believe what he did and is horrified by it. Mental health is a real issue that America is bad at treating. Most people aren't just possessed by evil, they have real medical issues that our society is bad at dealing with. Coupled with easy gun access and this type of thing is bound to happen.

Why didn't she return fire from a position of cover? Her other child could have laid down suppressing fire

Murica!

A child having access to a loaded gun and shooting his mother (deliberately or not) is almost uniquely an American problem. The mental health issues are common across the world. Access to unsecured guns isn't.

Back
Top Bottom