• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

10-year-old upset about waking up early/headset guns down mother; charged as an adult

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this isn't a mental health issue. I bet it is bad parenting coming back on the parent.

I disagree. Just judging from the most cursory glance of the facts, the child seems to be suffering from some form of antisocial personality disorder, what used to be referred to as "psychopathy" or "sociopathy." No amount of good parenting can ameliorate the behavior of a child incapable of empathy or impulse control. Just ask Ted Bundy's parents.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this isn't a mental health issue. I bet it is bad parenting coming back on the parent.
Clearly, you’re not be a parent. Or someone capable of recognizing glaringly obvious mental health issues.

I disagree. Just judging from the most cursory glance of the facts, the child seems to be suffering from some form of antisocial personality disorder, what used to be referred to as "psychopathy" or "sociopathy." No amount of good parenting can ameliorate the behavior of a child incapable of empathy or impulse control. Just ask Ted Bundy's parents.
What I was thinking.

Most mentally troubled people can be helped before a crisis occurs.

Psychopaths are different. They are born, not created over time, and are incapable of feeling empathy or love. Their only concern is for themselves.

I use to argue with the cult over on the Hannity board where I said that if a bad guy had access to firearms and half a brain and wanted any of them dead, or any group of them dead, they would be dead before they even knew what hit them.

I think this 10 year old boy, who had a plan, proves my point yet again. Everyone has a back nobody has eyes in the back of their head and everyone is vulnerable much of the time.

Bad parenting or the kid is just evil? What's your opinion?
Bad parenting and likely endogenous mental illness or PTSD from abuse. But I am guessing

Perhaps it was the mothers fault for allowing a child access to a gun? Or is everything societies fault and gun owners never have any responsibilities ?
This is not a case of an irresponsible gun owner.

The boy stole the keys to the locked gun box the night before he shot and murdered his mother.

If the boy murdered his mother with a knife, would you have blamed the murdered parent for having knives in the home?

Do you think there are evil kids that have come from very normal loving homes?
I think there are kids born with a mental illness (endogenous) that no matter how good a parent you are that kid is going to have major problems

We never use words like evil

This is not a case of an irresponsible gun owner.

The boy stole the keys to the locked gun box the night before he shot and murdered his mother.

If the boy murdered his mother with a knife, would you have blamed the murdered parent for having knives in the home?
Did the parent fail to keep their child from gaining access to a gun or not? We are not talking about a stabbing death here. The kid used his parents gun. That is the parents fault. What good is a gun safe if you don't keep the key where it won't be found. Is that too difficult?

Charged as an adult? He's freaking 10 years old! If your children's courts are incapable of dealing with violent/mentally ill children, then fix the damn children's courts!
Yeah that's crazy

I think there are kids born with a mental illness (endogenous) that no matter how good a parent you are that kid is going to have major problems

We never use words like evil
I'll take that as a yes whether you use the word evil or not.

Did the parent fail to keep their child from gaining access to a gun or not? We are not talking about a stabbing death here. The kid used his parents gun. That is the parents fault. What good is a gun safe if you don't keep the key where it won't be found. Is that too difficult?
In a world of stubbornly and purposefully stupid statements the above reigns supreme.

Back
Top Bottom