• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

1 Year ago, Biden called for banning magazines that can hold "multiple bullets"

*rollseyes*

He means large magazines, like 30 and over.

That must explain why they're trying to ban any with 11 and over.

Yeah, it's just like in WA, when they say "semiautomatic assault rifle" but actually mean "semiautomatic rifle."

That is too complicated of a concept for Biden’s remaining brain cell magazine.

Biden accidentally told the truth: the objective is an all out ban on everything.

You don't need a gun with a magazine at all. Just buy a double-barrelled shotgun.

Jill, buy a shotgun, baby!

The best part of this, other than all of it, is Joe mansplaining to his wife what to do "if there's ever a problem."

*rollseyes*

He means large magazines, like 30 and over.

Most of the limitations on magazine capacity I have seen are half to a third of that number. It’s when the 10-15 round limits are thrown out as the cut off that people laugh at. For me 30 is a reasonable amount of rounds to be considered normal capacity. If we can get a guarantee that it can’t be lowered for a decade or so I think that would be an acceptable compromise on high capacity legislation and would be able to pass without too much trouble.

Yeah, it's just like in WA, when they say "semiautomatic assault rifle" but actually mean "semiautomatic rifle."

Isn't that "semiautomatic assault rifle" business something they pulled out of their collective butts recently?

Isn't that "semiautomatic assault rifle" business something they pulled out of their collective butts recently?

Yes and even worse, it was in a ballot initiative, i.e. something the people voting for it don't even read. They deliberately used a misleading term knowing that the vast majority of people voting in favor of it would not read the definition.

Luckily it wasn't a ban, but I can't imagine that they're not already cooking that up.

Just curious why would you need a clip that holds more than 11.
Can't you hit what you are shooting at?

I personally don't care is someone has a weapon with a large capacity clip (11+) nor found a need. Just curious what someone uses the large capacity for.

Just curious why would you need a clip that holds more than 11.

I personally don't care is someone has a weapon with a large capacity clip (11+) nor found a need. Just curious what someone uses the large capacity for.

I have a better question. Why wouldn't you want more rounds?

=Tlrmln;1072572518]Yes and even worse, it was in a ballot initiative, i.e. something the people voting for it don't even read. They deliberately used a misleading term knowing that the vast majority of people voting in favor of it would not read the definition.

Awhile back in OR. there was some contention over the captions of some proposed gun laws here, because it just didn't inform people what the measure was. They had to re-word the caption and we won out. Of course the laws originated out of Portland (of all places) and Eugene.=Tlrmln;1072572518]Yes and even worse, it was in a ballot initiative, i.e. something the people voting for it don't even read. They deliberately used a misleading term knowing that the vast majority of people voting in favor of it would not read the definition.

Luckily it wasn't a ban, but I can't imagine that they're not already cooking that up.

Yeah. Maybe what it will take is some state to try it. Full blown door to door grab. It would end it once and for all.

Because if/when we are pressed to service to defend the country from pieces of **** leftists/marxists or other domestic enemies, you want all the ammunition you can realistically carry.

Unlike you I will answer your question. Then I expect you to answer mine.

Why wouldn't I want more rounds.
- extra weight to carry when hunting.
- possible increased chance of a jamming
- one or two shots is the most I have ever needed when hunting.
- In target practice after a firing few rounds I like to take a break. Pretty simple to reload.

Your turn.
Tell us why you need a high capacity magazine?

=mike2810;1072572724]Just curious why would you need a clip that holds more than 11.

Multiple targets and knowing you can afford to miss (and no not stray bullets going off into crowds).

I would consider 15+ the low end of high capacity. Three targets (yes I will call them targets) at 10+1 equals three hit per target with no half assing it (leg,arm,out right miss) plus two misses. One magazine you could be screwed. Don't believe the movies.

longggggggggggggggggggg overdo, much respect to Joe

no bull****, we have a problem with gutless gun nuts and he he is ready to confront it

The most gun violence occurs with inner-city Democrats shooting at each other in turf wars.

I'm pretty sure it would be racist to "confront" that.

Multiple targets and knowing you can afford to miss (and no not stray bullets going off into crowds).

I would consider 15+ the low end of high capacity. Three targets (yes I will call them targets) at 10+1 equals three hit per target with no half assing it (leg,arm,out right miss) plus two misses. One magazine you could be screwed. Don't believe the movies.

godawful

The most gun violence occurs with inner-city Democrats shooting at each other in turf wars.

I'm pretty sure it would be racist to "confront" that.

this statement is not founded in fact nor of relevance

Back
Top Bottom