• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Chilling’ text sent by pro-Trump Republican before Capitol riot suggests knowledge of what was to unfold

Is there a link to the source for this? Was this the full text?

Was there a previous text to which this was a response?

Context of any kind?

From your link:

"It wasn’t clear what the lawmaker was referring to,"
What do you think he was referring to? Is there any good outcome? "Driving a stake at the heart..." can't possibly have good connotations.

Is there a link to the source for this? Was this the full text?

Was there a previous text to which this was a response?

Context of any kind?

From your link:

"It wasn’t clear what the lawmaker was referring to,"
LOL It was about Trumps lunch order from McDonalds...
What do you think would be "driving a stake through the heart of the Republic"? The heart of our Republic is the CAPITOL. Everyone know that.

‘Chilling’ text sent by pro-Trump Republican before Capitol riot suggests knowledge of what was to unfold

iu

Former GOP Congressional "Freedom Causus" leader and Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows knows far more than he is willing to share.

Meadows is currently fighting a subpeona to testify before the House 1/6 Committee. What is Meadows hiding? His complicity in the Insurrection, or something even more troubling?
Absolutely no surprise.

What's that supposed to mean? Because I don't pay attention to hearsay I'm not a patriot?
Anybody who knows the facts about J6 knows what it was about: the Eastman plan.
Doesn't much matter if we are filling in the blanks right now , tonight, because the select committee has the other texts already, and the name of the sender.

It's not an insult it's a fact.
You are a Patriot, sir.
But I have no problem insulting people who are making excuses for people who tried to end American democracy and trash the constitution.
Yeah, there are a few hundred to thousand, or whatever. But you are free to hate everybody, if you like.
History will not be kind to you all either.
umm... what? Are you including me in the group that is making excuses, etc.?

" In fact, the transcription of congressional committee hearings was not required until the passage of the Legislative Reorganization Act in 1946. "

The transcripts and all documents will be released to the public when the final report is made. That is transparency.

umm... what? Are you including me in the group that is making excuses,

I just read your recent posts again. It sure seems that you are making excuses for the people who tried to trash the constitution and end American democracy.

Perhaps I misunderstood, it wouldn't be the first time. If so I apologize for including you in in that group.

But history won't be kind to that group.

This is similar to Hannity's tweets when he was trying to talk sense to Meadows. This also corresponds to the text , Dec 31, 2020 :
"We can’t lose the entire WH counsels office. I do NOT see January 6 happening the way he is being told. After the 6 th. He should announce will (sic) lead the nationwide effort to reform voting integrity."

Notice the language, " the way he is being told"

And this text, after the riot :
"Key now. No more crazy people." (Hannity to McEnany)

There were dozens of life-long Republicans who were trying to tell trump the truth before January 6, even Hannity

When I was making that post my wife said this exact Shawshank quote. "Alexandre DUMBASS?!!!???"
I love that movie. As soon as I read your post that is what popped into my head.

It's not an insult it's a fact.

But I have no problem insulting people who are making excuses for people who tried to end American democracy and trash the constitution.

History will not be kind to you all either.
Agree, well said.

Back
Top Bottom