• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

‘Chilling’ text sent by pro-Trump Republican before Capitol riot suggests knowledge of what was to unfold

The text was about driving a stake [sic] in the heart of the federal republic. Without further information, it's almost as likely to have been about getting some good beef to a dinner in DC as a digitally sent and recorded conversation about a pre-planned violent insurrection :LOL:

More plausible options would be that it was about Raffensperger confirming Georgia's ballot totals, or Pence letting the certification proceed without drama; however corrupt those options may be, there'd be no new revelation in Republican rhetoric describing Biden's win as "driving a stake etc."

There's simply nothing there to suggest that this rumour about a tiny snippet of a text conversation from an anonymous Republican proves comprehensive planning and foreknowledge of the January 6 attack. Click-bait for WaPo, sure, and I guess a bone for the hyper-partisans, but objectively there's not enough information (in this instance) for anything but speculation.

The text was about driving a stake [sic] in the heart of the federal republic. Without further information, it's almost as likely to have been about getting some good beef to a dinner in DC as a digitally sent and recorded conversation about a pre-planned violent insurrection :LOL:

More plausible options would be that it was about Raffensperger confirming Georgia's ballot totals, or Pence letting the certification proceed without drama; however corrupt those options may be, there'd be no new revelation in Republican rhetoric describing Biden's win as "driving a stake etc."

There's simply nothing there to suggest that this rumour about a tiny snippet of a text conversation from an anonymous Republican proves comprehensive planning and foreknowledge of the January 6 attack. Click-bait for WaPo, sure, and I guess a bone for the hyper-partisans, but objectively there's not enough information (in this instance) for anything but speculation.
Why all the mental gymnastics to make excuses for people who tried to end American Democracy and trash the constitution?

I don't get it.

I just read your recent posts again. It sure seems that you are making excuses for the people who tried to trash the constitution and end American democracy.

Perhaps I misunderstood, it wouldn't be the first time. If so I apologize for including you in in that group.

But history won't be kind to that group.
Just to be clear... they are ****ing scumbags and deserve prison.

That said... my posts try to maintain balance. Out of the traitorous scum that tried to screw with the election probably 100% of them are Conservative Republicans... but that does not reflect Republicans as a whole any more than the assholes that ruined BLM protest with taking over police stations and parks and disrupting traffic and people's lives, etc.

There are a whole lot of crazies on both sides. Extremists do not reflect the group they associate with because they are not really part of that group in the first place... they are a separate group.

Additionally, was the whole of Jan 6th to overthrow the country like so many claimed... Hell no. That is utterly ridiculous. Was the majority of the people protesting that day part of the plot? Hell no.... too many were, a lot, but lots of those people ended up leaving when it was clear that it was going bad.

Anyway, hopefully you see less black and white, us versus them... there are a lot of normal Liberals and a lot of normal Republicans.

Why all the mental gymnastics to make excuses for people who tried to end American Democracy and trash the constitution?

I don't get it.
Why all the mental gymnastics to turn nothing into "Now we've got irrefutable proof that the bastards planned it all"? Have a little patience. The investigators will get there eventually. Or they won't. Either way, ever since their big write-up on the 'massive nationwide conspiracy to ensure the correct election results' it's been pretty obvious that WaPo click-bait isn't worth a whole lot.

Why all the mental gymnastics to turn nothing into "Now we've got irrefutable proof that the bastards planned it all"? Have a little patience. The investigators will get there eventually. Or they won't. Either way, ever since their big write-up on the 'massive nationwide conspiracy to ensure the correct election results' it's been pretty obvious that WaPo click-bait isn't worth a whole lot.
Agreed... it is an out of context text that actually doesn't even say anything bad.

It is a metaphor for change at this point, as far as I am concerned.

What if the text he was responding to said "the pen is mightier than the sword. Let's write a letter!!"
AND . . . what if . . . he was talking about the moon being made of green cheese? What if . . . he was talking about leprechauns and pots of gold . . . what if, indeed!

What if he was discussing your habit of mental masturbation? What if?

What part is the bad part? Are they taking an actual stake and plunging it into... what? The building? People?

Or is a metaphor?

Jeesh.
I guess you'll have to ask the writer if he was being a literalist in that text. Or if he was just ****ing around to see who would salute. You know, like you're doing right here.

AND . . . what if . . . he was talking about the moon being made of green cheese?
He would be delusional?
What if . . . he was talking about leprechauns and pots of gold . . . what if, indeed!
That would be awesome?
What if he was discussing your habit of mental masturbation? What if?
He would be relaxed with his eyes rolling back in his head as he convulsed in repeated orgasms?
I guess you'll have to ask the writer if he was being a literalist in that text. Or if he was just ****ing around to see who would salute.
Or you could not get your panties all bunched up fretting about some texts?
You know, like you're doing right here.
Oh shoot. And there you go making it personal. That is the real problem with America and the world today... insignificant little feeble minded fools that draw lines in the sand making it us vs. them, we are right and they are evil. I have said nothing about anything but here you come making stupid comments based our of fear. Your fear, make no mistake. You are steeped in fear and hatred. It is pathetic.

You're not, nothing to do with hearsay.
Well if it's not hearsay, then by all means - share with the rest of the world the specifics of what the lawmaker was referring to - specifics of which you seem to be the only one privy.

The fact that every right wing nut from Fox News hosts to congressmen texted Mark Meadows or phoned Mark Meadows during the insurrection asking him to get Donald Trump to call off the insurrection already convinced me that it was Donald Trump's insurrection. Not that anyone should have needed convincing; after all, Trump issued invitations, then gave a welcome speech to his guests.

This is similar to Hannity's tweets when he was trying to talk sense to Meadows. This also corresponds to the text , Dec 31, 2020 :
"We can’t lose the entire WH counsels office. I do NOT see January 6 happening the way he is being told. After the 6 th. He should announce will (sic) lead the nationwide effort to reform voting integrity."

Notice the language, " the way he is being told"

And this text, after the riot :
"Key now. No more crazy people." (Hannity to McEnany)

There were dozens of life-long Republicans who were trying to tell trump the truth before January 6, even Hannity
Yeah, but Trump did "it" and the Freedom Caucus sure hasn't done much to drive a stake through anything's heart, has it? Aren't they still supporting Trump? I don't think that's what they meant.

Well, if the committee released everything they have now, it would lessen the interest in the public hearings coming up in a few months. So, for now, we all just speculate. The one thing for sure, there was nothing good about that text and I'll guarantee we'll all hear the full context in due time.

“If POTUS allows this to occur… we’re driving a stake in the heart of the federal republic,”

What is 'this'? the 'stealing of the vote' or the riot?

It isn't clear without more info.

“If POTUS allows this to occur… we’re driving a stake in the heart of the federal republic,”

The insurrection.

The "grean bay sweep" plan.

What do you think he was referring to? Is there any good outcome? "Driving a stake at the heart..." can't possibly have good connotations.

I'd prefer to have the meaning defined by the person who knows rather than by the person who hates.

LOL It was about Trumps lunch order from McDonalds...
What do you think would be "driving a stake through the heart of the Republic"? The heart of our Republic is the CAPITOL. Everyone know that.

Your claim to clairvoyance is noted.

That's pretty simple. First, Trump was POTUS. Second, it's been proven over and over there was no 'stealing of the vote'.

What's left?

I'd prefer to have the meaning defined by the person who knows rather than by the person who hates.
This just proves to me that you can't think of a single good interpretation.

This just proves to me that you can't think of a single good interpretation.

Many things seem to be "proven" to you that have no foundation is the real world.

Let's take three possibilities,

1 It was a supportive text, saying that trump's opponents are doing/ planning something that will drive a stake through the heart of democracy.

2. It was a cautionary text saying that trump and the white house staff are doing/planning something that will drive a stake through the heart of democracy.

3 they were texting about something else altogether.

There were many conservative Republicans telling trump that he lost the election in the first week of January. I'm betting on number 2 because 1 and 3 don't make sense in any imaginable context.

I explained possibility 2 on post # 44.

Back
Top Bottom