• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'BIGGEST COVER-UP IN HISTORY' I worked with the Wuhan lab – I tried to warn them & I KNOW Covid was a lab leak

We even have tapes to show the former president was well aware of how contagious and dangerous the virus could be; he made that pretty clear in his recorded conversation with Bob Woodward back in early February 2020. News of the outbreak in China was already making the news in late December/early January so surely intelligence agencies had to be aware and moved that up the chain.
Does anyone have any specifics about what they expected the President to do?

The biggest disconnect between what he knew and revealed to Woodward versus his rhetoric was pushing against pandemic restrictions.

Well he could have specifically started to have the CDC work on truly looking into why schools and businesses across the country in December 2019 and January 2020 were getting shut down, having to close temporarily, even for hours or a day because 1/4 to 1/3 of their students, staff, personnel were sick. I know it was happening in several states during that time, including my own. In Dec 19, several schools in both KY (verified by a tech where I worked who worked out of KY) and NC were shutdown for a few days up to a week throughout the month because of some unknown illness with flu like symptoms but was reportedly not coming back as influenza. My workplace in Jan 20 had 1/3 of the staff (around 100 people total worked there), call out on a single day due to illness and many more of were sick throughout the weeks before or after. The day after so many called out, they called in a crew to disinfect all the work areas. I was sick during the 1st week of Jan and remember feeling like I was having chest tightness. Looking back on that, I can easily see how that could have been covid, with us having it here months longer than we knew because no one seemed to care about the building evidence of something going on.

If the US government was alerted to the outbreak as early as August, that would paint the Trump administrations's incompetence in an even worse light.
Really Trump?? How about Fauci.

So the Trump administration had up to nearly half a year to prepare for the pandemic. Why didn't they?
Really Trump? How about the CDC, and WHO? Why did they not manufacture more masks then?

Really Trump? How about the CDC, and WHO? Why did they not manufacture more masks then?
I’m pretty sure the CDC doesn’t make masks.

They would have recommended it if Trump told them this super secret lab leak info in August tho.

You must be pissed that Trump withheld that info from the American people, even to this day.

They would have recommended it if Trump told them this super secret lab leak info in August tho.

You must be pissed that Trump withheld that info from the American people, even to this day.
and if Trump would have said that the Wuhan Lab in China had a leak from their laboratory where they were playing Frankenstein with this virus with American money and in conjunction with Dr. Science himself Fauci, the left would have laughed!!

You must be REALLY pissed that Biden who wrote the pandemic playbook with Obama had 50 years to prepare for something like this. He then gets elected President and MORE people died from this virus under him than Trump!

and if Trump would have said that the Wuhan Lab in China had a leak from their laboratory where they were playing Frankenstein with this virus with American money and in conjunction with Dr. Science himself Fauci, the left would have laughed!!
So he was afraid of people laughing at him and hid this national secret?

And you think that’s rational?

I mean… people have been laughing at him for decades- he doesn’t seem to be bothered.

You must be REALLY pissed that Biden who wrote the pandemic playbook with Obama had 50 years to prepare for something like this. He then gets elected President and MORE people died from this virus under him than Trump!
I think Biden handled it quite well.

It was, of course, the idiots who refused to get vaccines that prolonged it.

I think Biden handled it quite well.

It was, of course, the idiots who refused to get vaccines that prolonged it.

How do you figure that? The vaccines don't prevent covid from being transmitted.

Well he could have specifically started to have the CDC work on truly looking into why schools and businesses across the country in December 2019 and January 2020 were getting shut down, having to close temporarily, even for hours or a day because 1/4 to 1/3 of their students, staff, personnel were sick. I know it was happening in several states during that time, including my own. In Dec 19, several schools in both KY (verified by a tech where I worked who worked out of KY) and NC were shutdown for a few days up to a week throughout the month because of some unknown illness with flu like symptoms but was reportedly not coming back as influenza. My workplace in Jan 20 had 1/3 of the staff (around 100 people total worked there), call out on a single day due to illness and many more of were sick throughout the weeks before or after. The day after so many called out, they called in a crew to disinfect all the work areas. I was sick during the 1st week of Jan and remember feeling like I was having chest tightness. Looking back on that, I can easily see how that could have been covid, with us having it here months longer than we knew because no one seemed to care about the building evidence of something going on.

We had a major flu like that at my workplace in early Dec 19. I really doubt it was covid though remember early covid in March 2020, the morgues were overflowing. Something like that would have happened it was covid and there were no masks/social distancing

How do you figure that? The vaccines don't prevent covid from being transmitted.

They do, indirectly. They vastly reduce a person's chance of getting covid and if you don't have covid you can't transmit covid

It's possible that Covid-19 started with a lab leak. But ultimately, the virus originated in Nature. No lab can make a coronavirus, as far as I know.

We've known that dangerous coronaviruses exist in animal populations, and nowhere near enough was done to prepare for the next one that crossed to humans.

The Covid-19 pandemic could've been prevented, but it wasn't:

Quote:

In the aftermath of the SARS-CoV pandemic of 2003, wildlife sampling taught us that bats harbor many SARS-like coronaviruses. Subsequent research revealed that some of these bat viruses have pandemic potential. We knew that CoVs lurked in bats in China with the potential to cause an outbreak. But no one would invest the money needed to make antiviral drugs or vaccines.

After SARS-CoV, a number of laboratories continued their research on the virus, but big Pharma lost interest in the virus – because it had disappeared from the face of the Earth. There was no money to be made in SARS-CoV antivirals or vaccines, so none were made. As a result, when SARS-CoV-2 emerged in late 2019, humanity was completely unable to stop its inexorable spread around the globe.

They do. I think I’ve explained this to you more than once.

People who are vaccinated are still likely to get covid. And the vaccines can prevent severe disease, but they do not prevent infection. And the effectiveness of the covid vaccines wears off by about 3 months, or sooner.

So how would these vaccines have shortened the pandemic?

You "explaining" things more than once means nothing if your "explanation" makes no sense.

People who are vaccinated are still likely to get covid. And the vaccines can prevent severe disease, but they do not prevent infection. And the effectiveness of the covid vaccines wears off by about 3 months, or sooner.

So how would these vaccines have shortened the pandemic?

You "explaining" things more than once means nothing if your "explanation" makes no sense.
*sigh*.

What part about ‘less likely’ doesn’t stick with you?

Back
Top Bottom