• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Zimmerman has come out of hiding...

I believe most in his situation would have kept going hoping someone else would save them. He put his own life on the line just to make sure everyone is ok. This man can't leave the house without a bodyguard and bullet proof vest.

Really? I saw a guy crash into a lamppost a while ago. I stopped, along with a bunch of others. We pulled out fire extinguishers and a couple people extracted him. Just a random crowd of people.

Really? I saw a guy crash into a lamppost a while ago. I stopped, along with a bunch of others. We pulled out fire extinguishers and a couple people extracted him. Just a random crowd of people.

From my experience the average person in this country is selfish and gives little thought to situations like this until they are the ones that need help. For every person that stopped there was likely 20 cars that went by if not more.

Pell the other one Leo. Dozens of people walked by someone getting decapitated in a British street recently.

Dr Chuckles has already pointed out the differences between intervening in barbaric violence where armed people are involved, and stopping to assist someone involved in a road accident.

But let us be clear about what you are accusing me of with the expression 'pull the other one, Leo'. In common usage this translates as 'you are lying'. That is a personal attack, and I believe in breach of the rules of this forum, but I am a big enough boy to look after myself, and have no need to report you (something I do not do on principle anyway).

You have no idea what my life experiences have been - and you do not appear to live in Great Britain or Australia - and yet you feel free to pontificate about what occurs on a daily basis in both those societies?

I have told you what I have witnessed on a regular basis - and what I thereby interpret as the norm in my society - do not make the mistake of publicly impugning my character again.

Re: George Zimmerman Emerged from Hiding for Truck Crash Rescue

Actually I didn't know that she was referring to the papers thing.

Thanks for clearing that up. (Im being genuine here by the way)

I was also confused

When extracting people from a vehicle, well-intentioned, untrained by-standers may actually cause additional injury to the victim(s). Unless the victim's life is in imminent danger, it is best to wait for the EMTs show up. Immiment danger would include fire, a dangerous location of the vehicle (high potential for further impact), or the patient requires CPR that can't be provided without extraction.

Dr Chuckles has already pointed out the differences between intervening in barbaric violence where armed people are involved, and stopping to assist someone involved in a road accident.

But let us be clear about what you are accusing me of with the expression 'pull the other one, Leo'. In common usage this translates as 'you are lying'. That is a personal attack, and I believe in breach of the rules of this forum, but I am a big enough boy to look after myself, and have no need to report you (something I do not do on principle anyway).

You have no idea what my life experiences have been - and you do not appear to live in Great Britain or Australia - and yet you feel free to pontificate about what occurs on a daily basis in both those societies?

I have told you what I have witnessed on a regular basis - and what I thereby interpret as the norm in my society - do not make the mistake of publicly impugning my character again.

I have lived in the UK. And while I don't come across wrecks daily, I can assure you that not everyone stops to assist in an accident. It's no different here. The example I gave was an objective one, not hiding behind the "in my experience" fallacy. Those guys walked away from the body and talked to passers by and only a couple women went to check on the unattended victim.

And either report or don't, don't talk about what you could do.

That is truly amazing yet not surprising from those who are totally invested in taking the TM bandwagon ride.

BTW... I notice you haven't responded to others who commented on your nonsense.

It's one thing for some anonymous poster to say such ridiculously dumb things... but I saw a video yesterday taken at a black church (I think it was CNN) where one of the parishoners got up and said that he thought it was just a set-up. It's amazing the amount of truly stupid people out there.

I would bet you could find a strong correlation between them and those that believe 911 was an inside job. It has to take the same deficient mentality.

2 parents 2 children in vehicle happened last Wed... GZ drove away shortly after police arrived... Now let the left continue to claim it was likely staged

This is why I consider "popular opinion" worthless. [public opinion rant repressed]

When extracting people from a vehicle, well-intentioned, untrained by-standers may actually cause additional injury to the victim(s). Unless the victim's life is in imminent danger, it is best to wait for the EMTs show up. Immiment danger would include fire, a dangerous location of the vehicle (high potential for further impact), or the patient requires CPR that can't be provided without extraction.

I agree; in this case, there were some flames starting to show. I still debate the wisdom of moving him; wasn't my decision, but I was wondering at the time... but on the other hand, I think he probably died when he hit the pole...

In this case, everyone who saw it or came upon it right after stopped; they didn't drive by. Now this was late evening, so there wasn't tons of traffic, and I'm not saying this is the case for every accident, but in this case everyone stopped. Whether they wanted to help or they were just worried about hitting one of the other stopped cars, I can't say.

I agree; in this case, there were some flames starting to show. I still debate the wisdom of moving him; wasn't my decision, but I was wondering at the time... but on the other hand, I think he probably died when he hit the pole...

In this case, everyone who saw it or came upon it right after stopped; they didn't drive by. Now this was late evening, so there wasn't tons of traffic, and I'm not saying this is the case for every accident, but in this case everyone stopped. Whether they wanted to help or they were just worried about hitting one of the other stopped cars, I can't say.

Or more to do with 'morbid' curiosity.

I hope he didn't have a spinal injury that could cause paralysis, if aggrevated.

I have lived in the UK. And while I don't come across wrecks daily, I can assure you that not everyone stops to assist in an accident. It's no different here. The example I gave was an objective one, not hiding behind the "in my experience" fallacy. Those guys walked away from the body and talked to passers by and only a couple women went to check on the unattended victim.

And either report or don't, don't talk about what you could do.

I did not say everyone stops to assist in a road accident, but rather, in my experience, more than one person stops to sssist if possible in a serious road accident. I did not see the video to which you refer so I cannot comment about it, but a single swallow does not a summer make.

The term 'in my experience' is not a fallacy or subterfuge, unless you persist in the allegation that I am trying thereby to deceive. Experience is what informs our apprehensions of the sociaty in which we live, and I have reported my experiences without embellishment. It is possible, in fact quite probable, that our respective experiences of society have been different - but that does not make the conclusions based upon those experiences a false statement, made with deliberate intent to deceive, or an intentional untruth.

I have made it clear that I do not report people as a matter of principle, but I find your attacks upon my veracity both incomprehensible, and very offensive. I have not treated you with discourtesy or denigrated your opinions, and I expect a similar level of common courtesy.

Was it a black truck? Someone call Al Sharpton! :lamo

Either Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton......OR THE OBUMMERRHOID!!!

OH.....WAIT !!! Obummerrhoid's stooge and alter ego Erik "The CONSUMMATE IDIOT" Holder does Obummerrhoid's dirty work.

So: call Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton, or Obummerrhoid's stooge and alter ego Erik "The CONSUMMATE IDIOT" Holder !!!

Either Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton......OR THE OBUMMERRHOID!!!

OH.....WAIT !!! Obummerrhoid's stooge and alter ego Erik "The CONSUMMATE IDIOT" Holder does Obummerrhoid's dirty work.

So: call Al "Tawana Brawley" Sharpton, or Obummerrhoid's stooge and alter ego Erik "The CONSUMMATE IDIOT" Holder !!!

Dude..... I had a hard time reading that through all the retardedness.

Dude .....you have an OBVIOUS problem. I can't help you.

Your point would have been better made without all the retarded names.

Hell I don't like any of those people but all you did was use retarded names

Your point would have been better made without all the retarded names.

Hell I don't like any of those people but all you did was use retarded names

They are who they are.

Stating who they are is simply reporting the TRUTH......a TRUTH that some STILL don't know that they are who they are.

If you think that stating the EXACT TRUTH is "retarded ......then, DUDE, you have a problem I can't help you with.

Last edited:
They are who they are.

Stating who they are is simply reporting the TRUTH......a TRUTH that some STILL don't know that they are who they are.

If you think that stating the EXACT TRUTH is "retarded ......then, DUDE, you have a problem I can't help you with.

I get it, Obama and Holder are idiots.........

But making up cutsy names to call them makes you look kinda kooky and its hard to take you seriously......

I get it, Obama and Holder are idiots.........

But making up cutsy names to call them makes you look kinda kooky and its hard to take you seriously......

And, it makes you look kinda RINO-ish.....so, you know what that means.

And, as I said: DUDE, I cain't hep you.

And, it makes you look kinda RINO-ish.....so, you know what that means.

And, as I said: DUDE, I cain't hep you.

Im not a Republican......so how can I be a RINO?

Back
Top Bottom