• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You probably don't know US history

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I could recommend a lot of books to learn US history, but this one will go a long way to learning post-WWII US history globally. It's been excellent so far, even in the introduction.

I could recommend a lot of books to learn US history, but this one will go a long way to learning post-WWII US history globally. It's been excellent so far, even in the introduction.

That book looks like something that's right up my alley. Thanks for the link!

William Blum is not a credible source. Some of what he claims is accurate, but his biases run very deep.

"A People's History of the United States" ... by Howard Zinn

Gee, me calling out US atrocities and destroying democracy across the globe does not require me to support tankies like Blum....no matter how much that bewilders you.

Gee, me calling out US atrocities and destroying democracy across the globe does not require me to support tankies like Blum....no matter how much that bewilders you.

Who are you directing this bit of stupidity at?

I was asking why a fellow critic of US policies in is unacceptable.

Especially since "tankies" far better describes your tendencies.

As usual, Fledermaus has no clue what he is talking about.

But then again, that’s nothing new for someone who routinely falls all over himself defending the toppling of democracies with wails of “but communism”, and happily defends mass murdering tyrants like the ones who run South Korea

Educate yourself 😂

As usual, Fledermaus has no clue what he is talking about.

But then again, that’s nothing new for someone who routinely falls all over himself defending the toppling of democracies with wails of “but communism”, and happily defends mass murdering tyrants like the ones who run South Korea

Educate yourself 😂

Again Tigerace refuses to quote people.

Kinda childish.

The content of this rant doesn't address my question either.

What’s childish is continuing to follow me around the board whining.

Educate yourself.

Learn how to educate yourself instead of following me around whining incessantly.

Nobody has any interest in your questions .

You probably don't know US history​

Speak for yourself.
I did.

So your 'argument' is that most Americans have very accurate, complete US history. Wrong. Nothing useful to say.

Same old Fledermaus inability to muster up the spine to educate himself.

Same old Fledermaus inability to muster up the spine to educate himself.

Speaking of spine.....

You address me by name but childishly and petulantly refuse to quote me.

As to educating myself....

Summa cum laude at a upper tier university with added post grad education.

An avid history student who has proven himself to know far, far more than you in general history and military history in particular.

Add to that an understanding of post WWII geopolitics that far exceeds your childish black and white opinions.

So, you might try a little education yourself.

All that blather yet you apparently can’t work a google search 😂

Your “understanding” of geopolitics boils down to “dictators, tyrants, and mass murder okay if they are supported by the US” which shows your little claim there to be laughably wrong 😂

The only thing you are “avid” about is defending US atrocities. You’ve proven there’s no low you won’t sink to, no mass murderer you won’t defend, and no war crime too vile for you to cheerlead for.

Which really shows what a joke those who think like you are.

All that blather yet you apparently can’t work a google search 😂

Your “understanding” of geopolitics boils down to “dictators, tyrants, and mass murder okay if they are supported by the US” which shows your little claim there to be laughably wrong 😂

The only thing you are “avid” about is defending US atrocities. You’ve proven there’s no low you won’t sink to, no mass murderer you won’t defend, and no war crime too vile for you to cheerlead for.

Which really shows what a joke those who think like you are.

Much undirected ranting......

Someone must have triggered you.

Still no ability to work a Google Search I see.

Sounds like someone needs to take a break from cheerleading for American backed mass murdering tyrants and educate himself.

Back
Top Bottom