• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You probably don't know US history

What’s really childish is continuing to follow me around from thread to thread whining

Same ole Fledermaus inability to educate himself.

Hardly surprising.

But still pathetic.

And Flederamus just keeps revealing his inability to comprehend basic English 😂

and happily defends mass murdering tyrants like the ones who run South Korea
?? Ooooookaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy. What is this in reference to? Who in South Korea commits mass murder?

?? Ooooookaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy. What is this in reference to? Who in South Korea commits mass murder?

Well gee, the first leader of the country, for starters. And just about every leader right up until the late 1980s. You DO know South Korea was a brutal dictatorship for the first thirty plus years of its existence.....right?

Well gee, the first leader of the country, for starters. And just about every leader right up until the late 1980s. You DO know South Korea was a brutal dictatorship for the first thirty plus years of its existence.....right?
I asked who in South Korea commits mass murder. That would be in reference to current leaders. I don't care about pre 1990 dictators in a country that is fully reformed and no longer acts that way.

I asked who in South Korea commits mass murder. That would be in reference to current leaders. I don't care about pre 1990 dictators in a country that is fully reformed and no longer acts that way.

And I pointed out the fact that Fledermaus defends the tyrants who did so. You whining “but I don’t caaaaaaaaareeeeeee” is not an argument.

And I pointed out the fact that Fledermaus defends the tyrants who did so.
I don't know about that. If he did then shame on him. Fledermaus, did you ever support murderous dictators in South Korea?

I don't know about that. If he did then shame on him. Fledermaus, did you ever support murderous dictators in South Korea?

As shown, for example, here.....

Where he wails “but North Korea” in response to my pointing out what the South Korean tyrants did.

And here....

Where he tries to defend the dictatorship by crying “but the economy!”

And here:

Where, when confronted by the fact South Korea was a brutal dictatorship, he blubbered on again about supposed “prosperity” as if that was somehow an excuse.

And here:

Where he engages in whataboutism en masse to try and defend multiple dictatorships.

And here:

Where he excuses the overthrow of democracy and establishment of military dictatorships by crying about “communism” and “people not wanting another North Korea”.

Where he wails “but North Korea” in response to my pointing out what the South Korean tyrants did.
Where he tries to defend the dictatorship by crying “but the economy!”
Where, when confronted by the fact South Korea was a brutal dictatorship, he blubbered on again about supposed “prosperity” as if that was somehow an excuse.
Where he engages in whataboutism en masse to try and defend multiple dictatorships.
Where he excuses the overthrow of democracy and establishment of military dictatorships by crying about “communism” and “people not wanting another North Korea”.

What I see is something like this:
Him: North Korea is a brutal dictatorship!
You: So what? South Korea used to be a brutal dictatorship but you don't care!
Him: So what? NK was and IS far worse than SK was and SK is no longer that way!
You: You are an apologist for past SK dictators!

My question is this: Why is he an apologist for past SK dictators but you are not an apologist for current (and far worse) NK dictators??

What I see is something like this:
Him: North Korea is a brutal dictatorship!
You: So what? South Korea used to be a brutal dictatorship but you don't care!
Him: So what? NK was and IS far worse than SK was and SK is no longer that way!
You: You are an apologist for past SK dictators!

My question is this: Why is he an apologist for past SK dictators but you are not an apologist for current (and far worse) NK dictators??

Then your reading comprehension isn’t very good. You managed to get it completely backwards 😂

I pointed out the fact that South Korea was a brutal dictatorship, and he responded by trying to defend the tyrants by whining “but Norht Korea” and “but the economy”.

And no, actually, South Korea’s dictatorships were every bit as bad as the North.

Which makes your “question” crash and burn.

Then your reading comprehension isn’t very good. You managed to get it completely backwards 😂

I pointed out the fact that South Korea was a brutal dictatorship, and he responded by trying to defend the tyrants by whining “but Norht Korea” and “but the economy”.

And no, actually, South Korea’s dictatorships were every bit as bad as the North.

Which makes your “question” crash and burn.

A "brutal dictatorship" that oversaw an increase in the living standards for all South Koreans.

A "brutal dictatorship" that saw the fastest rise in GDP per Capita.

A "brutal dictatorship" that eventually let go of power.

Peacefully.

Way to prove me right.....again 😂

A dictatorship collapsing “peacefully” doesn’t make it not brutal bud ;)

So you say but I call BS. What's your evidence for this? And what happened in SK that now makes it a liberal democracy?

So you say but I call BS. What's your evidence for this? And what happened in SK that now makes it a liberal democracy?

Rhee was responsible for at least a hundred thousand deaths ALONE.

The South Korean people got fed up with decades of tyranny, rose up, and toppled the dictatorship.

And Fledermaus proves me right yet again by engaging in the whataboutism he shrieks about to try and defend South Korea’s vicious tyrants.

Post Korean War right up until the South Korean people overthrew their tyrants both were vicious dictatorships, so I vote neither.

And Fledermaus proves me right yet again by engaging in the whataboutism he shrieks about to try and defend South Korea’s vicious tyrants.

Post Korean War right up until the South Korean people overthrew their tyrants both were vicious dictatorships, so I vote neither.

North or South?

Back
Top Bottom