• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

You can't keep a 'good' terrorist down.

I remember just before the 2014 Israeli mass slaughter of Palestinians how the tentative Fatah-Hamas Reconciliation Agreement unity government were left in tatters after the conflict. Crucially we see Netanyahu telling statement on just how easy it is to manipulate the division they so seek.

2014 Fatah–Hamas Agreements - Wikipedia

Oh Isreal, they never fail to disappoint

As Hamas Loses Tunnels, Terror Takes to Air and Sea

Since the end of the 2014 conflict, enough cement has entered Gaza to build 16 Burj Khalifa skyscrapers in Dubai—the tallest building in the world. That cement has largely gone underground, feeding Hamas’s war machine.

Gaza’s soft sandstone made it possible for diggers to make rapid progress during the peak days of the tunnel project. The tunnels contained rails, electricity, ventilation, communications lines and oxygen tanks—tanks that were originally sent to Gaza for hospital use.

The tunnels are a symbol of Hamas’s priorities: The military build-up always takes precedent over investing funds in Gaza’s civilian population.

Palestinian Islamic Jihad, the 15,000-strong terror faction (compared to the 35,000-strong Hamas), has also been investing heavily in expanding its own rocket arsenal and was able to overtake Hamas in possessing the largest quantity of projectiles in Gaza.

Both organizations receive Iranian money—some $100 million in the past two years, according to Mossad chief Yossi Levi—and Iranian technical know-how. They convert these into a sprawling domestic-arms industry that produces Gaza’s rocket arsenal at home, without the need to depend on smuggling.

Hamas uses every component at its disposal for rocket manufacturing, even salt for propellant needed during the initial launch phase. The combined arsenal of Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad exceeds 20,000 rockets.

During a recent escalation that erupted in May following a PIJ sniper attack, Gazan terrorist factions fired 690 projectiles at southern Israel in a mere two days and tried to overwhelm the Iron Dome air-defense system.

For more see here:
As Hamas Loses Tunnels, Terror Takes to Air and Sea | The Jewish Press - JewishPress.com | Yaakov Lappin | 13 Tammuz 5779 – July 16, 2019 | JewishPress.com

Bolding other than title mine.

Fledermaus:

Isn't the bolded statement in the text of your post true of America too, which spends about $720 billion on its military but can't find enough money for a much needed comprehensive infrastructure rebuilding programme or universal medical care. The Palestinians are a militarily occupied people under a very lethal foreign military's power. Gaza is under seige from the State of Israel which regularly militarily raids into the Occupied Territories. Going underground makes perfect sense from a "Stalingrad" or "Leningrad" perspective, and such perspectives make good sense to the Palestinian situation.

Rockets and mortars are weapons of resistance and therefore needed by a people determined to militarily resist their military occupiers.

How much American money does the State of Israel receive in money and military aid from the USA to continue its military domination of its region? Money and weapons used to kill and maim Palestinians resisting occupation, protesting along the Gaza frontier or huddling in their homes when Israeli aircraft or artillery raid/attack their neighborhoods. This is proxy war between America and Iran among other regional powers and American money in the hundreds of billions is far more responsible for perpetuating this conflict than Iranian money in the hundreds of millions.

Gaza and the West Bank are resisting a foreign military occupation so of course they're going to direct very scarce resources towards that military resistance.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
Bolding mine.

Fledermaus:

Isn't the bolded statement true of America too, which spends about $720 billion on its military but can't find enough money for a much needed comprehensive infrastructure rebuilding programme or universal medical care. The Palestinians are an militarily occupied people under a very lethal foreign military's power. Gaza is under seige from the State of Israel which regularly militarily raids into the Occupied Territories. Going underground makes perfect sense from a "Stalingrad" or "Leningrad" perspective, and such perspectives make good sense to the Palestinian situation.

Rockets and mortars are weapons of resistance and therefore needed by a people determined to militarily resist their military occupiers.

How much American money does the State of Israel recieve in money and military aid from the USA? Money and weapons used to kill and maim Palestinians resisting occupation, protesting along the Gaza frontier or huddling in their homes when Israeli aircraft or artillery raid/attack their neighborhoods. This is proxy war between America and Iran among other powers and American money in the hundreds of billions is far more responsible for perpetuating this conflict than Iranian money in the hundreds of millions.

Gaza and the West Bank are resisting a foreign military occupation so of course their going to direct very scarce resources towards that resistance.

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Ah, Whataboutism and the "resisting a foreign military occupation" canard.

What "foreign military occupation" are you speaking of IRT Gaza?

And this "foreign military occupation" is resisted by slinging rockets and mortars at civilian sectors? Really?

I thought that one would resist "foreign military occupation" by taking on the "foreign military".

But that is clearly not what happens. For every strike on the IDF there are hundreds if not thousands of strikes on civilians.

Ah, Whataboutism and the "resisting a foreign military occupation" canard.

And this "foreign military occupation" is resisted by slinging rockets and mortars at civilian sectors? Really?

I thought that one would resist "foreign military occupation" by taking on the "foreign military".

But that is clearly not what happens. For every strike on the IDF there are hundreds if not thousands of strikes on civilians.

Fledermaus:

It's not whataboutism when the money fuelling the occupying force's military is coming from America, it's a valid comparison.

Gaza is part of the Palestinian Occupied Territories and your pointless and feeble attempts to split it away from the rest of the Palestinian Occupied Territories has been addressed in other threads. So long as any part of the Palestinian Occupied Territories is militarily occupied then Palestinian militants from all Palestinian Territories will likely resist such occupation violently.

Really? Yes. I don't agree with that thinking but that is the thinking of the Total War which Palestinian militants are waging to cost the State of Israel so much blood and treasure that they change their policy. Unfortunately the USA is subsidising that depleting treasury and insulating the State of Israel from the full monetary costs of its own expansionist and militaristic policies.

In total war even civilians are fair game. Be it rocket attacks against Israeli civilians or de-housing campaigns against Gaza's civilians, both are criminal in my mind but both are part of the Total War doctrine.. That's why both the Palestinian militants and the State of Israel are targeting civilians in their own special ways.

If you can't defeat the army, you must attack those who feed and supply the Army. Remember General Sherman in the ACW?

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Fledermaus:

It's not whataboutism when the money fuelling the occupying force's military is coming from America, it's a valid comparison.

Gaza is part of the Palestinian Occupied Territories and your pointless and feeble attempts to split it away from the rest of the Palestinian Occupied Territories has been addressed in other threads. So long as any part of the Palestinian Occupied Territories is militarily occupied then Palestinian militants from all Palestinian Territories will likely resist such occupation violently.

Really? Yes. I don't agree with that thinking but that is the thinking of the Total War which Palestinian militants are waging to cost the State of Israel so much blood and treasure that they change their policy. Unfortunately the USA is subsidising that depleting treasury and insulating the State of Israel from the full monetary costs of its own expansionist and militaristic policies.

In total war even civilians are fair game. Be it rocket attacks against Israeli civilians or de-housing campaigns against Gaza's civilians, both are criminal in my mind but both are part of the Total War doctrine.. That's why both the Palestinian militants and the State of Israel are targeting civilians in their own special ways.

If you can't defeat the army, you must attack those who feed and supply the Army. Remember General Sherman in the ACW?

Cheers.
Evilroddy.

Answer.

None.

As to the whole "Palestinian Occupied Territories" you have two completely (though similarly inept) organizations in charge of each sector.

I don't think Fatah cares if Hamas rockets Siderot beyond hoping for dead Jews.

And this "total war". Hamas attacks civilians as a habit. It is their modus operandi. They do it at the drop of a hat or the change of wind direction.

When Israel responds everyone cries and waves the bloody shirt.

And Sherman, for all the South's whining, restricted his men to things that can be considered military targets such as railways, storage depots, etc. (Save for South Carolina) and didn't attack civilians so your analogy is a bit off.

But lets play "Total War.

Israel goes in with fire and fury and does not stop until every Hamas leader is dead and/or missing.

Israel COULD do Total War. They don't.

But lets play "Total War.

Israel goes in with fire and fury and does not stop until every Hamas leader is dead and/or missing.

Israel COULD do Total War. They don't.

So why don't you ask yourself the question of why they don't ?

Why don't Israel invade Gaza and kill or capture all Hamas people and destroy the faction altogether ?

Why don't Israel invade Gaza and kill or capture all Hamas people and destroy the faction altogether ?

You keep claiming this is "Total War". Israel appears not to think so.

Lets hear your CONSPIRACY THEORY why Israel doesn't.

You keep claiming this is "Total War". Israel appears not to think so.

Lets hear your CONSPIRACY THEORY why Israel doesn't.

Total war isn't usually how I term it, I just say war or armed conflict.

I asked you a question and because you don't have an answer you ask your own ? lol

Have a guess, why do you think Israel doesn't invade and destroy Hamas ?

Let's see what you know and don't know about the relationship......hmmm

Generally Netanyahu has always been reluctant to launch military campaigns and only does so when things devolve to where action to achieve objectives and restore deterrence is absolutely necessary. That’s been his MO since the beginning. I know it doesn’t line up with the Netanyahu=Hitler thing the left does, but it is how he has behaved. He has always been a devil you know kind of guy, simple as that.

So that’s why. A real hawk would have dealt with Hamas in Gaza a long time ago but the natural Palestinian political environment and institutions reward extremism, and removing governments by external force reinforce that, so unless Hamas is in the process of committing genocide against its own people forcible removal by the Israelis is much more likely to result in a more extreme group seizing control and subjugating the people than it is for the peace, love and reconciliation party to win free and democratic elections and chart a new course for the Palestinians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Total war isn't usually how I term it, I just say war or armed conflict.

I asked you a question and because you don't have an answer you ask your own ? lol

Have a guess, why do you think Israel doesn't invade and destroy Hamas ?

Let's see what you know and don't know about the relationship......hmmm

A non answer. How unique.

A non answer. How unique.

For you ? standard posting style, I agree.

Recall it was yourself who didn't answer the question put to you ? Or are you seriously that unaware/living in denial ?

Recall it was yourself who didn't answer the question put to you ? Or are you seriously that unaware/living in denial ?

There are many reasons that can be valid. First of all Israel doesn't see themselves in total war mode... Yet. But if Hamas doesn't stop the rockets that could change.

Let the Pallies get statehood, and have to follow the rules of the world.
Then when they shoot rockets, it is an act of war, and Israel will erase them.

People can only "engage" with reasonably open/fair people. hyperbolic and inflammatory terms such as 'massacre" and "war crimes" for any/every action by the IDF. People who eschew using hyperbolic and inflammatory terms such as "massace" and "war crimes" at any/every IDF response to attacks. Those who are compelled to hang on to deep seated and long held anti-Israel biases, people like yourself, don't qualify imo so for me to laugh at you is wholly reasonable as is my mocking your retreat. I happily take you to task for the biased anti Israel commentary found in virtually all of your posts in case anyone might take them seriously . Outside of that they hold no interest at all tbh

Why do you think documented war crimes committed by the IDF are "hyperbole" and "inflammatory", because you don't like hearing truth that conflicts with your narrative? Here's a hint; the majority of decent people don't have an "anti-Israeli bias", they have an anti-Israeli government bias. See if you can figure out the difference. Furthermore your commentary is fundamentally dishonest as you never acknowledge any wrongdoing on the part of the Israeli government or its armed forces. Everything is always directed back at Arabs; it's always their fault for everything as far as you are concerned.

Last edited:

Yes, let the Palestinians get statehood, and then they will have full access to the ICJ and the ability to bring Israel to face justice for its serial war crimes committed against them.

People can only "engage" with reasonably open/fair people. hyperbolic and inflammatory terms such as 'massacre" and "war crimes" for any/every action by the IDF. People who eschew using hyperbolic and inflammatory terms such as "massace" and "war crimes" at any/every IDF response to attacks. Those who are compelled to hang on to deep seated and long held anti-Israel biases, people like yourself, don't qualify imo so for me to laugh at you is wholly reasonable as is my mocking your retreat. I happily take you to task for the biased anti Israel commentary found in virtually all of your posts in case anyone might take them seriously . Outside of that they hold no interest at all tbh

Well said.

Wow do you let the cat of of the bag in the above. There's a palpable wish to see the " Pallies " getting " erased " by Israel. Vile!!

Wow do you let the cat of of the bag in the above. There's a palpable wish to see the " Pallies " getting " erased " by Israel. Vile!!

Way too ironic.

All the rules change when they have to be accountable for their actions.
And they are not going to re-write the religion.

Why do you think documented war crimes committed by the IDF are "hyperbole" and "inflammatory", because you don't like hearing truth that conflicts with your narrative? Here's a hint; the majority of decent people don't have an "anti-Israeli bias", they have an anti-Israeli government bias. See if you can figure out the difference. Furthermore your commentary is fundamentally dishonest as you never acknowledge any wrongdoing on the part of the Israeli government or its armed forces. Everything is always directed back at Arabs; it's always their fault for everything as far as you are concerned.

I understand the difference.

I also know that many who claim to have an 'anti-Israeli government' bias are in fact not only anti-Israeli but dyed in the wool Anti-Semities.

We have more than one on this forum.

What I find repugnant is the constant drum beat that the activities of the IDF are "state terrorism" while the acts of Hamas et al are the legitimate resistance to an occupying force. No attack that targets civilians and/or civilian property is a legitimate act. Neither in peace nor in war.

Does the IDF go overboard at times? Yes. One difference is that the IDF tends to punish their own while the Palestinians lionize someone who kills civilians.

Back
Top Bottom