• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Yet another reminder of how hateful the political left can be ...

Oh, that's charming. What am I talking about? I'm talking about you and those like you.
Fake christians that claim to love others as they love themselves deserve only a modicum of concern. AJ Thomas fits the category.

In order to survive this thread without crippling cognitive dissonance you're gonna hafta overlook all the death threats that cons have made against Dems. I know, you'll obfuscate by saying those weren't from politicians or journalists. But they still happen. Often.
Crippling, huh?

Now's the time for Republicans to pretend that they're honorable. When they're blocking and cramming, it's 'just politics.'

This kind of brings me to mind of that Winston Churchill comment about Stanley Baldwin:

"I wish Stanley Baldwin no ill, but it would have been much better had he never lived."

Clarence Thomas has been one of the worst Justices in Supreme Court history. He hardly ever participates in oral arguments, and he has absolutely no regard whatsoever for stare decisis.

Soooo... I wish him no ill, but it would have been much better had he never lived.
Do you have some examples of opinions where he exhibited "absolutely no regard whatsoever for stare decisis."

Do you have some examples of opinions where he exhibited "absolutely no regard whatsoever for stare decisis."

Sure... his concurrence in Gamble v. US comes to mind:

"I write separately to address the proper role of the doctrine of stare decisis. In my view, the Court’s typical formulation of the stare decisis standard does not comport with our judicial duty under Article III because it elevates demonstrably erroneous decisions—meaning decisions outside the realm of permissible interpretation—over the text of the Constitution and other duly enacted federal law."

What exactly does he feel the "demonstably erroneous decisions" were based on???

I don't think any Supreme Court Justice at any time issues an opinion that is clearly in opposition to the text of the Constitution. Just because Justice Thomas feels the decisions are "demonstrably erroneous" doesn't make them so.

Do you know anyone who ever had to retire early due to health reasons? Did they find it enjoyable?

I dont care if he's miserable...he's a miserable person and wishes even more misery on women, per his comments on abortion.

His wife is a Neanderthal termagant and he should be recusing himself from a bunch of cases based on conflict of interest.

If this is taking the high road she must have idolized Michelle Obama lol lol

I'm sure she did, Michelle Obama is a very classy and intelligent First Lady. We miss her and President Obama. I'd welcome President Obama back for another 8 years if only I could.

I dont care if he's miserable...he's a miserable person and wishes even more misery on women, per his comments on abortion.

His wife is a Neanderthal termagant and he should be recusing himself from a bunch of cases based on conflict of interest.
Thank you for being honest. At least that's one quality to admire.

For those literally wishing Thomas bad health, maybe just a reminder of (or education on) what this man went through to become a Supreme Court Justice. From his Wikipedia page:

I remember it. It was a travesty and he shouldnt have been seated.

Glad you're not bottling up all that hate.

The man was revealed a disgusting pig at the time...and has not redeemed himself on the bench. 🤷

Why hold it in? I tend to speak out against those damaging our nation.

The man was revealed a disgusting pig at the time...and has not redeemed himself on the bench. 🤷

Why hold it in? I tend to speak out against those damaging our nation.
... and you want him to get sick and suffer. Got it.

... and you want them to get sick and suffer. Got it.

Ah ah ah...I never even implied that. I answered a direct question about caring if someone was miserable.

I've worked when I was miserable, many times. My comment had nothing to do with the OP.

Nice try, but...you failed.

Ah ah ah...I never even implied that. I answered a direct question about caring if someone was miserable.

I've worked when I was miserable, many times. My comment had nothing to do with the OP.

Nice try, but...you failed.
That's one of the tactics used by the OP to get people to keep posting in his stupid thread.

I don't doubt it for a minute.

Yeah, It's called working thru pain or sickness, doing your job. I dont doubt for a minute that the concept had to be explained to you. (Hey, it's your OP...you put down snark, I'll pick it up and run with it. We tend to see it more when people run out of actual discussion)

I'm sure she did, Michelle Obama is a very classy and intelligent First Lady. We miss her and President Obama. I'd welcome President Obama back for another 8 years if only I could.
Best to have a place to go to, I suppose

Back
Top Bottom