• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wow fox news is just disgusting.

Glenn Beck does not represent Fox. He is a known ideologue who has a show. He doesn't do the reporting for Fox. However, hopefully liberals will be disgusted with this and also recognize the blatant lies and hypocritical propaganda that the other news media outlets vomit across the airwaves.

Glenn Beck does not represent Fox. He is a known ideologue who has a show. He doesn't do the reporting for Fox. However, hopefully liberals will be disgusted with this and also recognize the blatant lies and hypocritical propaganda that the other news media outlets vomit across the airwaves.

I don't make any excuses for any of them. Beck is nothing but a fox media baby.. same with the tea party.

I don't make any excuses for any of them. Beck is nothing but a fox media baby.. same with the tea party.

The Tea Party is a victim of lies and Fox is the only network that gives them fair treatment. Beck isn't a Fox baby either. His radio show is what made him successful.

This is something. You know there will always be a gap to fill for the off the wall conservative journalists.. just not that many of course. But at least integrity was something that mattered. There are a bunch of old school conservatives out there I'm sure don't much care for the tea party/fox news bull****. Where are they? Did they all die?

You can try to smear Fox all you want but the facts speak for themselves. FNC had nothing to do with Sherrod's resignation. The WH acted stupidly.

… Besides, how many witnesses in a predominately black community do you suspect would come forward without any offer of reward? I suspect not many, if any at all. …

Tim, could you fill us in on what's your thinking behind this point? What is it about “a predominately black community” that, in your opinion, “not many, if any at all” would come forward as witnesses “without any offer of reward.” Thanks in advance.

Maybe you should read more than the headline. Media Matters? Yea, they are fair and balanced.

No MM is not fair and balanced. But i do not think that is their tag line

Last edited:
Tim, could you fill us in on what's your thinking behind this point? What is it about “a predominately black community” that, in your opinion, “not many, if any at all” would come forward as witnesses “without any offer of reward.” Thanks in advance.

Well, based on crime reporting in black districts as a general rule, blacks don't report blacks to cops. Just like cops don't arrest other cops. Are you contending that this isn't the case? Or I suspect you do know this, and that's why you asked it, so you could maybe put a racist tag to my name? Well, it is what it is, and it has nothing to do with race, heck you don't even know the color of my skin. If my assumption is incorrect, then please excuse the implication, but please do answer the question. Blacks, DO NOT, almost never report on other blacks in urban environments. Why they don't is anyones guess, since most crime tips are annonymus. Now, the ones where you "might" get black on blacks is if a BIG reward is offered. By BIG, I mean big enough for the one doing the "snitching" to reconicle the risk, vs, the reward.

It is what it is..

Tim-

Well, based on crime reporting in black districts as a general rule, blacks don't report blacks to cops. Just like cops don't arrest other cops. Are you contending that this isn't the case? …

You claim blacks don't bear witness on other blacks without a reward and cops don't arrest other cops as “general rules” which are so much wiesel words. We know cops do arrest other cops and blacks do bear witness against other blacks without any form of reward.

And, in this particular case there are witnesses coming forward: their testimony is that they were not intimidated, that they were able to vote freely. Republican poll watchers complained, but, not one voter did.¹

Fox News carries on with trumped up stories about ACORN and Shirley Sherrod and the New Black Panthers but the real story that they're selling is that whites can justify their racist attitudes on black malfeasance. It's despicable.

In the video standing outside the voting group he, and his group were hired as security. They will probably never be hired again after those remarks you mentioned that were at an entirely different location.

Not a single voter has come forward and complained about voter intimidation. The DOJ had absolutely NO evidence to file charges. It was not race related at all until Fox news picked it up and used Glen, Hannity and O'Riley to spin the **** out of it.
The video is all the evidence we need to have, charged or not charged the people will come to their own conclusions. Let the DOJ play games with claiming no evidence, hired security etc., nothing like insulting the voters intelligence. If I witnessed this personally I wouldn't file charges either, nothing like pissing into the wind with the meat head running the DOJ. Well the voters will have this in mind when they go pull the lever in November.

You claim blacks don't bear witness on other blacks without a reward and cops don't arrest other cops as “general rules” which are so much wiesel words. We know cops do arrest other cops and blacks do bear witness against other blacks without any form of reward.

And, in this particular case there are witnesses coming forward: their testimony is that they were not intimidated, that they were able to vote freely. Republican poll watchers complained, but, not one voter did.¹

Fox News carries on with trumped up stories about ACORN and Shirley Sherrod and the New Black Panthers but the real story that they're selling is that whites can justify their racist attitudes on black malfeasance. It's despicable.

Spoken like a true San Francisco liberal. The kind that voted for Nancy Pelosi? Now there's a vision of integrity, eh? "To thine own self be true". I live by those words, maybe you should try it. Cops don't arrest other cops, that is true. The only exception is internal affairs, which I guess you could consider them cops, but not really. Blacks do not bear witness to other blacks in urban environments, "unless" they are of the cloth, or their clout trumps any danger of repercussion.

It IS what it IS, period!

Tim-

CNN was pushing the video before Fox.

This is a pretty good example of how blatantly bias Fox news is. They are SO methodical with their propaganda. Its very, very frustrating.

They did this in 24 hours. All these people do is work for the right wing. That is all they do.

First, I would like to say I do not like the Young Turks. Rarely does this guy back up anything he says with facts. It is all opiniated and I find him to be pretentious. Secondly, I do consider Fox News to be very biased and I rarely watch the network. Third, I did watch Glenn Beck the first day he had a chance to comment on the shortened clip because I figured his reaction to it would draw much debate. He spent the time talking about context and how he could not respond to the video without seeing the rest of it (NAACP and White House may want to take note). Fourth, with a million examples of how biased For news is, an incident in which the NAACP and White House acted just, if not more, irresponsibly was probably not the best way to go.

To conclude, I agree Fox News is biased, but if you really want to prove that Fox News is a neoconservative network I recommend a recent clip of Ron Paul being on one of their shows. Usually they bring him on for a topic they agree with him on and then ask him his age so people don't consider him a viable candidate for president in 2012. They also banned him from some of the 2008 Presidential Republican debates and even asked him if he was electable. Also, I dislike and distrust CNN and MSNBC as well. I rely on the internet and specific books. I recommend the same for everyone else.

First, I would like to say I do not like the Young Turks. Rarely does this guy back up anything he says with facts. It is all opiniated and I find him to be pretentious. Secondly, I do consider Fox News to be very biased and I rarely watch the network. Third, I did watch Glenn Beck the first day he had a chance to comment on the shortened clip because I figured his reaction to it would draw much debate. He spent the time talking about context and how he could not respond to the video without seeing the rest of it (NAACP and White House may want to take note). Fourth, with a million examples of how biased For news is, an incident in which the NAACP and White House acted just, if not more, irresponsibly was probably not the best way to go.

To conclude, I agree Fox News is biased, but if you really want to prove that Fox News is a neoconservative network I recommend a recent clip of Ron Paul being on one of their shows. Usually they bring him on for a topic they agree with him on and then ask him his age so people don't consider him a viable candidate for president in 2012. They also banned him from some of the 2008 Presidential Republican debates and even asked him if he was electable. Also, I dislike and distrust CNN and MSNBC as well. I rely on the internet and specific books. I recommend the same for everyone else.

Made some good points. But am curious.....do you like anybody??

ACORN is corrupt. The left wing media never covered the stories because their chosen one had close ties with them. He trained the workers there, he acted as their lawyer. The Republicans tried many times to do something about them but were voted down by the Dems. Don't try to paint them as all innocent because they might have been wrongly accused of something. It doesn't make them innocent of everything. They stink to high heaven with corruption.

The video is all the evidence we need to have, charged or not charged the people will come to their own conclusions. Let the DOJ play games with claiming no evidence, hired security etc., nothing like insulting the voters intelligence. If I witnessed this personally I wouldn't file charges either, nothing like pissing into the wind with the meat head running the DOJ. Well the voters will have this in mind when they go pull the lever in November.

I think white people would especially hesitate to come forward. I know when I saw the tapes of the one yelling for blacks to kill whites and their babies, that might be enough to scare me off. I know this extreme racism didn't happen at the polling booth, but it did happen and it shows what kind of people we are dealing with. The NBP are scum.

Uhh no, I posted a source that gave you a timeline. Fox news pushed Shirly Sherrod's apparent racist comments HEAVILY 24 hours before she was forced to resign.

Bull****!!

The Fox News Channel didn't mention her name until after she was forced to resign.

Get you facts straight before you post lies like this.... unless attacking was your goal and the truth is irrelevant to you.

In the video standing outside the voting group he, and his group were hired as security. They will probably never be hired again after those remarks you mentioned that were at an entirely different location.

Not a single voter has come forward and complained about voter intimidation. The DOJ had absolutely NO evidence to file charges. It was not race related at all until Fox news picked it up and used Glen, Hannity and O'Riley to spin the **** out of it.

Private security at a public voting venue?!?!? And you BELIEVE that!!! And you expect anyone on here to take you seriously?!?!? Perhaps you should take up badminton and see if you can help the Danes take the Thomas Cup from China because your political analysis is lacking...

So now that the OP was clearly shown as a invalid, ill-informed partisan smear...

That doesn't change the fact that Fox does lean right towards conservatives - it just means that the charges levied against Fox for being the flashpoint of Sherod's firing is a lie.

So now that the OP was clearly shown as a invalid, ill-informed partisan smear...

That doesn't change the fact that Fox does lean right towards conservatives - it just means that the charges levied against Fox for being the flashpoint of Sherod's firing is a lie.

That was the original topic of this thread.... A lie that has been lost in 8 pages of progressive minutia.

What I find shocking is that anyone would jump past wanting to know information to accepting any skewing of the event. Only one person on the clip asked for an unedited clip. And this likely didn't resounate with the audience. When news is sought as affirmation, it is hard to find an objective viewer.

that's a great point. fox news viewers don't seek truth, they seek validation.

You can try to smear Fox all you want but the facts speak for themselves. FNC had nothing to do with Sherrod's resignation. The WH acted stupidly.

yes, the wh acted stupidly. they did not want to be accused of racism. of course, leave it to a right wing asshole to publish an inaccurate video.

that's a great point. fox news viewers don't seek truth, they seek validation.

That's true for almost any opinion show watcher... and let's make another point here - sure we need an un-edited clip. That one wasn't used initially means that the same offense done by Breitbart on the NAACP video was done to this video with the same intent: Smear. Pot meet kettle. Second point - opinion shows provide opinion which for some views is validation. No difference with Maddow, Shultz, Olbermann or Matthews. Again... the message liberals: pot meet kettle.

Back
Top Bottom