• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Wow fox news is just disgusting.

I agree that FOX News is a terrible news source but I disagree about the relationship between FOX and Republicans. David Frum had it right.

See also: Waterloo | FrumForum

Whatever happened to conservatives that believed in honesty? In my opinion republicans would do well to divorce from the libertarian fox news/tea party. It certainly would boost their integrity.

No its complete bull****. Fox news claims that Glen Beck, Sean Hannity and Bill O'Riley are QUOTE: NOT"NEWS PROGRAMS" thus Fox NEWS did not air the video until she resigned.

They are snakes in the grass.

Plus there's this:

Update: An emailer points out this line from the story: “The Agriculture Department announced Monday, shortly after FoxNews.com published its initial report on the video, that Sherrod had resigned.” Clearly this means there was a previous FoxNews.com story up just based on the video, before the resignation.)

http://www.mediaite.com/online/examining-the-myth-that-fox-news-drove-shirley-sherrod-to-resign/

Last edited:
I challenge you to show me videos of MSNBC, CNN, NPR, CBS, or BBC airing the same violent and aggressive videos.

It is not me who is not objective, it is you

All statues of integrity in journalism.. LOL

Fox News ran with the story as much as they did, because they see clearly the bias in the alphabets. Call it the only source for the opposite side of the story in the entire TV News media if you will. How many of the alphabets ran with the Wright story, or Van Jones, or the Tea Party? None of them until they were pretty much forced too BECAUSE of Fox. Ask yourself why Fox is destroying the alphabets in the ratings, day after day, week after week, and month after month? People, ordinalry Americans, want their media sources to question their government. The other networks aren't doing this, hardly if at all. You call Fox biased? Well it just seems that way to you because you're not being objective. No media outlet is going to get everything right, but if we're keeping score, Americans have made their choice by way of the ratings every night.

Stick that in your crow.. :)

Tim-

No you are incorrect. She resigned ON MONDAY. So how the **** did they speak about it on Fox news SUNDAY just like they did in the video I posted.

ummm.. was that todays Fox news sunday? Sorry it takes 2 days for my PC to load a clip. I'm still waiting.
If they fired her because of what Fox news was airing, then why did Sherrod say she was forced to resign because she was going to be on Glenn Beck that night. Turns out he didn't even mention her that night. Also Glenn is on before any of the others..Hannity , O'reilly, Greta so she resigned before any of them aired the clip.

All statues of integrity in journalism.. LOL

Fox News ran with the story as much as they did, because they see clearly the bias in the alphabets. Call it the only source for the opposite side of the story in the entire TV News media if you will. How many of the alphabets ran with the Wright story, or Van Jones, or the Tea Party? None of them until they were pretty much forced too BECAUSE of Fox. Ask yourself why Fox is destroying the alphabets in the ratings, day after day, week after week, and month after month? People, ordinalry Americans, want their media sources to question their government. The other networks aren't doing this, hardly if at all. You call Fox biased? Well it just seems that way to you because you're not being objective. No media outlet is going to get everything right, but if we're keeping score, Americans have made their choice by way of the ratings every night.

Stick that in your crow.. :)

Tim-

Yeah what a suprise they beat those other networks.

blond_women_of_fox.jpg

SEX SELLS.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to conservatives that believed in honesty? In my opinion republicans would do well to divorce from the libertarian fox news/tea party. It certainly would boost their integrity.
I don't think the leftist in this country have any claim on integrity.

Ok, so even if there was a blurb on FoxNews.com, the rest of yuor link seems to destroy your vision that Fox is evil? Why didn't you post the whole story?

Maybe you thought people on internet forums don't actually click and read links? :)

Next time, maybe you'll have something with some merit, or substance..

By the way, it says you're a centrist? Why? What gives you that designation? You do know more centrists watch Fox News than any other demographic? :)

Fox News babes

Ah, so everyone watching Fox is an 18 to 25 something horn dog?? ROTFLMAO.. Dude, seriously?

Tim-

Last edited:

Yea, better to marry networks that black out news they don't want told. Such as Rev. Write, Van Jones, and the New Black Panther voter intimidation charges being dropped. Better to get our "news" spoon fed to us by Journolist.

Glen Beck doesn't air before them if you're talking about multiple days.

A former Bush appointed official for Civil Rights just said today that the new black panther case had no proof of voter intimidation and that the story was based on political motivations.

Fox news is full of ****. They manufacture racial conflicts.

Leftists, be of calm mind and do not panic!

After all, you still have:
ABC
CBS
NBC
MSNBC
CNN
... and most of the newspapers plus half the blogs, to spin things YOUR way.

So chill. :mrgreen:

A former Bush appointed official for Civil Rights just said today that the new black panther case had no proof of voter intimidation and that the story was based on political motivations.

Who? Apparently, he doesn't have the facts? But, you'd know that if you watched Fox News. :)

Tim-

Who? Apparently, he doesn't have the facts? But, you'd know that if you watched Fox News. :)

Tim-

A Bush appointee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights denounced allegations by some pundits that the Justice Department is refusing to pursue a voting rights case against members of the New Black Panther Party because of race, and suggested that the charges being made by right-wing figures are politically motivated.

No Proof in New Black Panther Case: Official - Face The Nation - CBS News

Fox news manufactures political conflicts.

Did you see the the clip of the NBP in his militant garb outside a polling booth and smacking a billy club into his hand? It's also been reported that he was saying something like the crackers better get used to the idea of having a black president. Looked like voter intimidation to me.
If a KKK member was in his white robe holding a noose outside a polling booth, I'd call that blatant voter intimidation too.Wouldn't you

In the video standing outside the voting group he, and his group were hired as security. They will probably never be hired again after those remarks you mentioned that were at an entirely different location.

Not a single voter has come forward and complained about voter intimidation. The DOJ had absolutely NO evidence to file charges. It was not race related at all until Fox news picked it up and used Glen, Hannity and O'Riley to spin the **** out of it.

Facts are inconvenient things. :)

Tim-

Damn straight!

Excerpted from “Timeline of Breitbart's Sherrod smear” Media Matters For America, July 22, 2010 7:38 am ET
[SIZE="+2"]M[/SIZE]onday

11:18 a.m.*: Breitbart posts Sherrod video, calls her "racist," claims "Context is everything."

1:40 p.m. (approximately): Fox Nation accuses Sherrod of "discrimination caught on tape" before she resigned.

Excerpted from “With Apology, Fired Official Is Offered a New Job” By SHERYL GAY STOLBERG, SHAILA DEWAN and BRIAN STELTER, The New York Times, Published: July 21, 2010
[SIZE="+2"]F[/SIZE]ox News began its pursuit of Ms. Sherrod in prime time on Monday night on three successive opinion shows that reached at least three million people. Leading off, Mr. O’Reilly asked on his top-rated program, “Is there racism in the Department of Agriculture?” He discussed the tape, plugged Mr. Breitbart’s Web site and demanded that Ms. Sherrod resign immediately.

By the time Mr. O’Reilly’s remarks, which were taped in the afternoon, were broadcast, Ms. Sherrod had indeed resigned, a development that Fox’s next host, Mr. Hannity, treated as breaking news at the beginning of his show. He played a short part of what he called the “shocking” video from Mr. Breitbart, and later discussed the development with a panel of guests, mentioning the N.A.A.C.P.’s recent accusations of racism within the conservative Tea Party movement.

“It is interesting they just lectured the Tea Party movement last week,” Mr. Hannity said, telegraphing a talking point that would come up repeatedly on other shows.

Fox’s 10 p.m. show also covered the resignation as breaking news. Ms. Sherrod later said Fox had not tried to contact her before running the video clip repeatedly on Monday. (A Fox spokeswoman said the O’Reilly program had contacted the Agriculture Department for comment. On Wednesday, Mr. O’Reilly said he owed Ms. Sherrod an apology “for not doing my homework.”)

What would Walter Cronkite do?

Is there anybody like him around anymore?

In the video standing outside the voting group he, and his group were hired as security. They will probably never be hired again after those remarks you mentioned that were at an entirely different location.

Not a single voter has come forward and complained about voter intimidation. The DOJ had absolutely NO evidence to file charges. It was not race related at all until Fox news picked it up and used Glen, Hannity and O'Riley to spin the **** out of it.

The comments I referred to were at the polling booth. The ones you are talking about happened somewhere else. "If you want freedom you're gonna have to kill some crackers and kill some of their cracker babies too." Nice comments like that.
So, what if a Klansman with a noose was standing outside a polling booth. Would that be voter intimidation even if they didn't actually stop anyone from voting to our knowledge?
As far as them being hired as security, I'm not sure that is the case, so I'll not comment yet.

I remember Uncle Walter.

I remember being very disillusioned when I realized he leaned a bit Left, like most journalists.

This is something. You know there will always be a gap to fill for the off the wall conservative journalists.. just not that many of course. But at least integrity was something that mattered. There are a bunch of old school conservatives out there I'm sure don't much care for the tea party/fox news bull****. Where are they? Did they all die?

With all due respect, you're an ignorant fool! For one, look at how this CBS story is worded?

Take these examples:

Earlier this month former Justice Department lawyer and Republican activist J. Christian Adams testified to the commission

What evidence is there that this man is an activist? Oh, that's right, he's Republican? :)

A recent Media Matters investigation

Oops.. Lost me there.. But lets just play along..

has debunked charges that the Obama administration withdrew criminal charges against the Panthers (in fact, the Bush administration decided not to pursue criminal charges, with Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez testifying that the Bush Justice Department "determined that the facts did not constitute a prosecutable violation of the criminal statutes"; a civil lawsuit was filed in the last days of the Bush administration, and a judgment won by the Obama Justice Department in May 2009

Posted it all here because it's deceiving. Evidence came out after the Bush DOJ made its determination on the criminal aspect of the case. Secondly, the Obama DOJ won, and still dropped it on all but one offender, and that offended was slapped on the wrist. Furthermore, the story doens't elaborate on what has since been reported, and verified. There are witness testimony that there were at least three people intimidated, and in fact did not vote as a direct result. Besides, how many witnesses in a predominately black community do you suspect would come forward without any offer of reward? I suspect not many, if any at all.

Perez, not pursuing not because of what MM says, but this:
Adams said he felt compelled to resign after Thomas Perez, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division, gave unintentionally misleading testimony before the commission. Perez testified before the commission in May, saying that the case was primarily a dispute between career lawyers.
Link

Media Matters also found no evidence that any voters in the predominantly-black voting district had been prevented from voting

Hehehe.. Well then, there you have it.

Appearing on CBS' "Face the Nation" Sunday, the commission's vice chair, Abigail Thernstrom, said, "We have no direct evidence that [the NBP activists] actually intimidated anybody, stopped them from voting."

But, but, Dear Abigail, there is evidence, at least that's what Megyan says YouTube - Catfight! Megyn Kelly Versus Kirsten Powers over Black Panthers Case

Fox News didn't manufacture this story, they are the only ones reporting on it.

The case was not pursued, not because of legal issues, but of political issues. Even in your own link, the author concludes that the Obama Admin is stonewalling. What are they hiding?

Tim-

With all due respect, you're an ignorant fool! For one, look at how this CBS story is worded?

Take these examples:

What evidence is there that this man is an activist? Oh, that's right, he's Republican? :)

Oops.. Lost me there.. But lets just play along..

Posted it all here because it's deceiving. Evidence came out after the Bush DOJ made its determination on the criminal aspect of the case. Secondly, the Obama DOJ won, and still dropped it on all but one offender, and that offended was slapped on the wrist. Furthermore, the story doens't elaborate on what has since been reported, and verified. There are witness testimony that there were at least three people intimidated, and in fact did not vote as a direct result. Besides, how many witnesses in a predominately black community do you suspect would come forward without any offer of reward? I suspect not many, if any at all.

Perez, not pursuing not because of what MM says, but this: Link

Hehehe.. Well then, there you have it.

But, but, Dear Abigail, there is evidence, at least that's what Megyan says YouTube - Catfight! Megyn Kelly Versus Kirsten Powers over Black Panthers Case

Fox News didn't manufacture this story, they are the only ones reporting on it.

The case was not pursued, not because of legal issues, but of political issues. Even in your own link, the author concludes that the Obama Admin is stonewalling. What are they hiding?

Tim-

Once again, they had no evidence to charge them except for that one member who carried a night stick. He was banned from any polling places until 2012. Are you even sure what you have issue with here? They charged the only guy who had the slightest bit of possible guilty evidence, they had no evidence for any of the other people. What more do you want?

I think they did all die.

Interesting that the post above you pointed out that the man who had integrity, leaned left. :)

This is something. You know there will always be a gap to fill for the off the wall conservative journalists.. just not that many of course. But at least integrity was something that mattered. There are a bunch of old school conservatives out there I'm sure don't much care for the tea party/fox news bull****. Where are they? Did they all die?

The most recent transcript from the US Commission on Civil Rights on the New Black Panther case seems to conflict with your information.

The attached statements are from the Chairman of the Commission (GERALD A. REYNOLDS) on July 7th testimony. One gets the impression that there is interest in pursuing the case aside from any statements coming from Ms Thernstrom. The few parts I got through were an interesting read. (but it is kinda long....;) )

http://www.usccr.gov/NBPH/NBPH.htm

<snip>

"As most of you are aware by now, the litigation stemmed from an incident on Election Day 2008 in which two members of the New Black Panther Party appeared at a polling station in Philadelphia. Video and eyewitness testimony showed that they stood at an entrance to a polling place dressed in paramilitary garb and black combat boots. One brandished a nightstick. They hurled racial epithets at whites and blacks alike, taunting poll watchers and poll observers who were there to aid voters.

The Department of Justice at first aggressively pursued this case, filing voter intimidation charges against four defendants: the two New Black Panthers who appeared at the Philadelphia polling place on the Election Day, the New Black Panther Party chairman, and the organization itself. None of the defendants contested the charges and the Department was poised to seek a default judgment in the case and to seek an injunction to stop further acts of intimidations.

But on the eve of the date which the court set for the Department's request for a default judgment, the trial attorneys in the case were instructed to request a continuance by then-Acting Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights Loretta King. In the days that followed, and despite the robust justification that they had prepared at the inception of the case to support its request to file the suit, the experienced line career attorneys responsible for the case were put under intense pressure to justify the lawsuit against the Panthers, and they were required to prepare a defense of their proposed injunction and request for default.

In addition, Ms. King sought a review of the matter by the Division's appellate section, which agreed with the Department that the Department could make a reasonable argument in favor of default relief against all of the defendants and probably should, given the unusual procedural posture of the case. And just to unpack that, the defendants did not contest the case. They essentially had defaulted.

A total of at least six career attorneys intimately familiar with the details of the case shared this view, including the two who opined from the appellate section. Nonetheless, charges were dropped against all of the defendants but one, Minister King Samir Shabazz, who had wielded the billy club that day. The case against Jerry Jackson, the other New Black Panther Party member at the polling station that day, was dropped, as were charges against the party and its chairman. Furthermore, the injunctive relief sought against King Samir Shabazz was limited to prevent acts of intimidation by him solely in the City of Philadelphia and only through Election Day November 2012...."

<snip>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom