• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would you have raised your fist?

Would you have raised your fist?

• Total voters
I have so much respect for MLK. At a time when it would have made total sense for his followers to engage in violence, he preached peace.

I also... very much still Respect MLK today.

He was an Honorable man and he deserved respect in the past. And, He is still respected by many today and his Peaceful Legacy is still alive today.

So True!

Martin Luther King Jr.’s....

“I Have A Dream” sermon was a very powerful message. It actually changed hearts and minds of many people. Many people listened to his words. Those people also witnessed his Honorable Peaceful Character along with the Peaceful Character of his supporters.

I honestly, would love to witness...His Dream become Reality for all of the People that he Hoped and Prayed would live his Dream in a future reality.

Roseann:)

They are not "BLM protesters." Not one of them in the video is black. They are just spoiled brat punks exercising their white privilege to engage in juvenile-minded criminal conduct.

Hear!Hear!

Since, I actually watched the video... I knew from my first post the agitators were all white confronting two white women.

One woman raised her fist and the look on her face and her body language suggested she did not willing raise her fist.

The other woman did not raise her fist.

I suspected, there were some posters that did not watch the video and had no clue that all of the participants in this fiasco were white.

Was waiting for someone to call attention to the “white” participants!

Thanks

Roseann:)

Anyone who answers "yes because I agree with the protesters" is answering that they agree with intimidating other people to do things against their will.

Hear!Hear!

I’m sure most here heard about protesters at restaurants demanding people raise their fists in solidarity and confronting the few that wouldn't. There’s some video here if haven’t seen it.

BLM activists brand anyone who won’t raise their fist in protest ‘white supremacists''' as they surround diners

If you were at one of these restaurants at that time, do you think would you have complied?

Why are the RW extremist participating here so predictably obsessed with scapegoating the least of us, in service to the actual "problem people", the ones who've bought and control the political processes? One more time, concentrated wealth and the influence it buys, including RW extremist preoccupation with scapegoating those on the bottom rungs while venerating those who've bought "the ladder", is the paramount problem holding back the evolution of U.S. society to becoming a more just and tolerant society.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...he-koch-brothers/2011/03/10/ABrXQRl_blog.html
17 Mar 2011 - I'd thought the Koch brothers had merely funded Cato, but it turns out the libertarian think tank was in fact co-founded by Charles Koch in 1977 ...

Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine - Greenpeace USA
Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine ...
Koch Family Foundations have spent $145555197 directly financing 90 groups that have attacked climate change science and policy solutions, from 1997-2018.

David Koch, Billionaire Who Fueled Right-Wing Movement, Dies at 79 - The New York Times
David Koch, Billionaire Who Fueled Right-Wing Movement, Dies at 79
23 Aug 2019 - A man-about-town philanthropist, he and his brother Charles ran a business colossus while furthering a libertarian agenda that reshaped ...

Urban Dictionary: strapping young buck
strapping young buck
From a 1976 speech by Ronald Reagan, who complained of "strapping young bucks" using public assistance to buy T-Bone steaks, the phrase is shorthand for "undeserving and lazy black people living off hardworking white taxpayers instead of getting a job." Many commentators have noted that the phrase originated from the auction block. Now used ironically by liberal commentators to identify racist dog-whistles in conservative argument.
"Whereas once the problem was just welfare queens and strapping young bucks, now it’s the entire middle and lower classes, the lazy union members, the credit card deadbeats, the unemployed so content with their benefits that they don’t look for work."

'We Are All Strapping Young Bucks Now'
Doug J. _Balloon Juice_ January 6, 2011

This cartoon explains how the rich got rich and the poor got poor - Vox
4.0.png

Is BLM responsible for this? Or, are the Koch brothers investments in bringing this about, the offense the RW extremists are too distracted to even notice or regard as any problem at all?

5.0.png

Last edited:
Why are the RW extremist participating here so predictably obsessed with scapegoating the least of us, in service to the actual "problem people", the ones who've bought and control the political processes? One more time, concentrated wealth and the influence it buys, including RW extremist preoccupation with scapegoating those on the bottom rungs while venerating those who've bought "the ladder", is the paramount problem holding back the evolution of U.S. society to becoming a more just and tolerant society.

4.0.png

Is any of this from you or is it all copy pasted? I ask because it doesn’t come anywhere near addressing the OP.

4.0.png

Is BLM responsible for this? Or, are the Koch brothers investments in bringing this about, the offense the RW extremists are too distracted to even notice or regard as any problem at all?

5.0.png
While I do agree with you that we have the best government that money can buy, that does not mean we must embrace grassroots organizations we find to be other than ethical

Is any of this from you or is it all copy pasted? I ask because it doesn’t come anywhere near addressing the OP.

Every right wing extremist thread is predictably centered on Trump-psycho-babble (example, lick the gonads of the police, their exra-judicial street punishments are not aimed at conservative white people....) and or scapegoating the victims instead of the unprecedented power of the aggressors.

A Supreme Court for the Rich - The New York Times

A Supreme Court for the Rich -
21 Feb 2020 - Adam Cohen's “Supreme Inequality” shows that for 50 years the decisions ... and the author of several books, refutes the idea that the Supreme Court ... he moved a five-member conservative majority even farther to the right, ...

Every right wing extremist thread is predictably centered on Trump-psycho-babble (example, lick the gonads of the police, their exra-judicial street punishments are not aimed at conservative white people....) and or scapegoating the victims instead of the unprecedented power of the aggressors.
:confused: Are we in an echo chamber?

They always scapegoat because they do not want to admit who the real problem is. It sure as hell isn't "Antifa."

Dr. King was as clear as crystal about what he stood for.
Didn’t say he wasn’t. What exactly from the article I cited do you have an issue with?

They always scapegoat because they do not want to admit who the real problem is. It sure as hell isn't "Antifa."
So those intimidating the diners weren’t members of Antifa? Sometimes it’s difficult to recognize Trump supporters when they hide behind masks.

Didn’t say he wasn’t. What exactly from the article I cited do you have an issue with?

How much of Dr. King's message do you agree with? I don't need an exact percentage; a ballpark estimate will do.

Last edited:
How much of Dr. King's message do you agree with it? I don't need an exact percentage; a ballpark estimate will do.
Ok, so you didn’t read the article. Why didn’t you just say so?

Ok, so you didn’t read the article. Why didn’t just say so?

It was an irrelevant sideshow. Nobody cares what political party Dr. King preferred when that was clearly a trivial issue.

How much of Dr. King's message do you agree with?

It was an irrelevant sideshow. Nobody cares what political party Dr. King preferred when that was clearly a trivial issue.

How much of Dr. King's message do you agree with?
List them and I’ll let you know.

List them and I’ll let you know.

First a red herring, now a demand that you could easily answer on Wikipedia. I see that you just want to play childish games. :roll:
Let me know when you're ready for intelligent discussion. :2wave:

First a red herring, now a demand that you could easily answer on Wikipedia. I see that you just want to play childish games. :roll:
Let me know when you're ready for intelligent discussion. :2wave:
You’re the one who stated MLK was a member of the opposition to which I responded with an article saying it’s not known what party he was a member of. Instead of addressing that article it appears you’re the one interested in playing childish games.

You were challenged on your point and now you want to pretend you didn’t say it. Ok.

How much of Dr. King's message do you agree with? I don't need an exact percentage; a ballpark estimate will do.

Tell us in your own words the context of Dr. King's message.

:lamo

You're late to the party, trix. Someone else has already tried that little game. :lol:

On the off chance that your demand was sincere--and we both know it wasn't--here you go. That should give you more than enough reading material to catch up on. :)

Trix are you beginning to feel like you’re back in school? Do your homework and hand it in. Then wait for the teacher to grade it. Good luck.

:lamo

You're late to the party, trix. Someone else has already tried that little game. :lol:

On the off chance that your demand was sincere--and we both know it wasn't--here you go. That should give you more than enough reading material to catch up on. :)

Oh, and here I was led to believe that you were really interested and up to having an intellectual discussion about MLK, and putting into your own words the context of King's message.
Wiki is the best you have? :lamo

Trix are you beginning to feel like you’re back in school? Do your homework and hand it in. Then wait for the teacher to grade it. Good luck.

Nah, I feel like I'm dealing with a bunch of phonies who KNOW little to nothing about MLK's message.

Back
Top Bottom