• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Would You Drive A Stranger To Vote For The Other Side?

Would You Drive A Stranger To Vote For The Other Side?

• I'm on the right and would

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • I'm on the right and would not

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • I'm on the left and would

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I'm on the left and would not

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • I'm neither and would

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • I'm neither and would not

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Somewhere in there I believe you said no, you would not drive someone to vote for the other side.

Where did you see that?

Think about what my signature means. The U.S. economy crashed three times: 1929, 2008, and 2020. The common denominator, of course, is the letter R after the President's name. In the past a D completely reversed it. That will certainly happen again with Joe Biden next year.

Where did you see that?

Think about what my signature means. The U.S. economy crashed three times: 1929, 2008, and 2020. The common denominator, of course, is the letter R after the President's name. In the past a D completely reversed it. That will certainly happen again with Joe Biden next year.
The common denominator is the R in the word regulations. :)

This came up in another thread and made me want to post a poll. No one can see your vote so you can be honest.

if i had a car and knew how to drive maybe

dont know about letting anyone i dont know into my hypothetical car no matter who they say they want to vote for

can i carpool with some people i know on this one who vouch for the stranger

they can vote for the other side to if you like

dont know about letting anyone i dont know into my hypothetical car no matter who they say they want to vote for

IF you had a car and knew how to drive, would you?

IF you had a car and knew how to drive, would you?

so in that case yes

I can't believe people are hijacking this into a thread about if they'd let a stranger in their car.

The POINT of the question is "Would you help someone vote if you knew they were going to Vote for the opposition party?"

Please stop wasting all of our time talking about how you can walk to your polling booth or how it is dangerous to drive strangers, etc.

That is not the spirit of the question.

I can't believe people are hijacking this into a thread about the safety of letting strangers in their cars.

The POINT of the question is "Would you help someone vote if you knew they were going to Vote for the opposition party."

Please stop wasting all of our time talking about how you can walk to your polling booth or how it is dangerous to drive strangers, etc.

That is not the spirit of the question.

shouldn't go with a stranger then much better to say someone you know that you know will vote for the other side

your welcome

shouldn't go with a stranger then much better to say someone you know that you know will vote for the other side

your welcome

you're*

We all understood the spirit of the question.

I have volunteered to drive those who couldn't drive themselves, without conditions, without asking their political lean, without trying to influence them.

What a bizarre poll. I wouldn't drive a stranger anywhere at all. I'm not crazy and I don't have a death wish.

Now I'd drive a ​friend to vote for any candidates he/she wanted.

Sure, they still have a right to vote.

That said, if the stranger was armed to the teeth wearing camo paint and a maga hat, I wouldn't let them in my car no matter what day it is.

How about if he is just a feeble senior from across the street wearing a Trump T-shirt and red MAGA hat?

Do you really know how someone will vote? I would take anyone who can’t get there on their own.

The premise of this question is that you DO already know how they are going to vote. In your case, it is a feeble senior from across the street who you have seen wearing a Trump T-shirt and wearing a red MAGA hat.

I would have any year the last 50 years but NOT this year.

This is not a choice between Dem and GOP, this is a choice between good and evil. Decency and indecency.
Destruction and fixing.

This is the most important election in everyone alive's lifetime and nothing can be done morally or as an American to enable the possible reelection of this mad man.

So you are saying that the elderly person across the street with a Trump sign in his yard asking for a ride is evil?

but for tRump-virus, i would drive anyone. ditto for getting them to their voter registration site

however, this year's pandemic causes me to be unwilling to drive friends or strangers in my car

You don't have to worry about the pandemic. A cure was found in time for the election.

Where did you see that?

Why don't you just come out and say then that if your elderly neighbor with the Trump sign in his yard asked you for a ride to vote you would say yes. If you can't then your answer is no. You are trying to get out of answering by talking in riddles.

You do have a car and you do know how to drive and this is your elderly neighbor next door who's car broke down. You've seen him wear a red MAGA hat or has a Biden/Harris sign is his yard. Do you help them or not?

You totally made that up.

While it doesn't really have anything to do with this thread, R does stand for regulations and so do the Democrats. Whatever they don't like they want to regulate out of existence.

I have volunteered to drive those who couldn't drive themselves, without conditions, without asking their political lean, without trying to influence them.

While I'm sure you do, you have side stepped the question a little bit. This is a person you know will vote for the other side. I'm guessing your answer would still be yes.

If the other person is voting for Trump, hell no. If it's for some other candidate that the may not like, but don't hate. Sure, why not?

Alright, in your case the question is would you give someone a ride you knew was going to vote for Trump and you did answer that.

What a bizarre poll. I wouldn't drive a stranger anywhere at all. I'm not crazy and I don't have a death wish.

Now I'd drive a ​friend to vote for any candidates he/she wanted.

This isn't a total stranger. This is your elderly neighbor who you don't really know well other than waving or saying hi to every once in a while. Or, it could be an elderly person from your second cousin's church that your second cousin asked you to drive. I just figured people would be smart enough to know I wasn't talking about a hitchhiker walking down the street or a bum who approached you in a parking lot.

Back
Top Bottom