• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Witnesses report shooting at Quebec City Mosque [W:42]

Re: Shooting at Quebec City Mosque

because we have millions of Americans on welfare in part because shoeless mexicans have taken their jobs

Yes, I say we have enough low skill immigrants and don't need any more

The skill levels of immigrants has been on a constant rise since to 90's.
Next- Where should the US look to for immigrants?

Liberals are not so quick jumping to conclusions when the shooter is a muslim shouting "praise be to the allah!" while he commits his carnage

From earlier:

If the shooters are islamic terrorists then all it proves is that honest muslims are just as much victims of terrorism as non-muslims.

If the shooters are islamic terrorists then all it proves is that honest muslims are just as much victims of terrorism as non-muslims.
Seriously...considering the world history do you need this incident to prove that?

Moroccan terrorist .One of two gunmen who shouted 'Allahu akbar!' as they opened fired .

From earlier:

Seriously...considering the world history do you need this incident to prove that?

It seems like some people do.

Muslims are just as much the victims here as they are the aggressors, if not moreso.

So any action that treats muslims as a whole in one way or another is doomed to fail due to a lack of nuance.

The skill levels of immigrants has been on a constant rise since to 90's.
Next- Where should the US look to for immigrants?

We should end the family unification policy that admits uncles, grandmothers and others on the back of the first skilled immigrant

If an applicant is well educated or skilled and we need his services admit him and his immediate family only

Meaning his wife and children but no one else

Immigrants who have been here for a while but are on welfare should be deported

From earlier:

I think muslims are often the victims of other muslims

Particularly shia killing sunni or sunni killing shia

Then you'll recognize that blanket statements against Muslims are completely pointless.

The Christian on Christian death toll in the USA is over 10,000 a year.

It seems like some people do.

Muslims are just as much the victims here as they are the aggressors, if not moreso.

So any action that treats muslims as a whole in one way or another is doomed to fail due to a lack of nuance.
Who is 'treating Muslims' in any way?

How many times does it need to be said? There are greta people that happen to be Muslim. Being Muslim does not make one a threat. Being a fundamentalist Muslim? Well...thats a different story, isnt it? Their own children are at risk...especially in a Western country.

How many times does it need to be said? There are greta people that happen to be Muslim. Being Muslim does not make one a threat. Being a fundamentalist Muslim? Well...thats a different story, isnt it? Their own children are at risk...especially in a Western country.

That's not the rhetoric I see from most of the right wing, nor our administration.

There seems to be an irrational fear of muslims in general, instead of an understanding that there is a small minority of them who are a threat.

Then you'll recognize that blanket statements against Muslims are completely pointless.

Its still a problem

Muslims can hate each other and others all at the same time

The Christian on Christian death toll in the USA is over 10,000 a year.

Like your pathetic little country there are not many Christians on the mean streets of the ghetto in America who attend church on sunday or any other time

So I would not exactly call them Christians in the same way some muslim wacko is proudly shouting to allah as he murders innocent people

Case in point, VanceMack:

Its still a problem

Muslims can hate each other and others all at the same time

Sorry, but neither you or I can look at a muslim refugee and know which one is a threat to our society and which one is not

Considering the number of fundamentalist Muslims killing other Muslims, would not agree that he has a point?

That's not the rhetoric I see from most of the right wing, nor our administration.

There seems to be an irrational fear of muslims in general, instead of an understanding that there is a small minority of them who are a threat.
If that were the case there would be a universal ban on only Muslims. The ban imposed by President Trump is no different than the ban(s) imposed by President Obama...and you never said **** about the bans imposed by President Obama.

You are being ridiculous.

Like your pathetic little country there are not many Christians on the mean streets of the ghetto in America who attend church on sunday or any other time

So I would not exactly call them Christians in the same way some muslim wacko is proudly shouting to allah as he murders innocent people

Rattled your cage there? Sorry, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Sorry, but neither you or I can look at a muslim refugee and know which one is a threat to our society and which one is not

Same could be said for a Christian/Jewish/Hindou/Sikh refugee.

Back
Top Bottom