• Please keep all posts on the Rittenhouse verdict here: Rittenhouse Verdict. Note the moderator warnings in the thread. The thread will be heavily moderated with a zero tolerance policy for any baiting, flaming, trolling or other rule breaks. Stick to the topic and not the other posters. Thank you.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Is the Donald Trump Campaign Committing Campaign Finance Felonies?

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
For all the disagreement on campaign finance law there is one hard and fast rule that has no gray areas and upon which most all Americans agree. That is, citizens of other nations cannot contribute to federal, state, or local candidates in the United States.

Not only is Trump soliciting donations from Brits, but from Icelanders as well. He is soliciting campaign contributions from liberal foreigners, as well as conservative foreigners. This is..... well...... very illegal. I think the time has come for Republicans to seriously consider replacing him as the nominee. This may be just the motivation they need to oust him.

Article is here.

Beaudreaux

Preserve Protect Defend
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Not only is Trump soliciting donations from Brits, but from Icelanders as well. He is soliciting campaign contributions from liberal foreigners, as well as conservative foreigners. This is..... well...... very illegal. I think the time has come for Republicans to seriously consider replacing him as the nominee. This may be just the motivation they need to oust him.

Article is here.

Pretty simple, prosecute Junior and anyone else actively breaking the law. Seriously, it's that simple. Oh yeah, that includes anyone on the other side of the isle as well.

Visbek

Stuck In The Circle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
While I believe Trump would make a terrible candidate and a worse President, it is plausible that his disorganized campaign got an email list and is spamming it, without vetting it properly first.

I don't think this will be sufficient to shut down his nomination.

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Pretty simple, prosecute Junior and anyone else actively breaking the law. Seriously, it's that simple. Oh yeah, that includes anyone on the other side of the isle as well.

I agree. Bill Clinton should have been prosecuted in 1996 for donations from China.

Gill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I'm not a Trump fan, but it's odd that none of these articles include an actual email from Trump to back their allegations up.

beefheart

You left out a Hoongadoonga
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Article is here.

Amazingly stupid thing for Trump to do.

Unless this is how he finds a way to abandon the race?

Beaudreaux

Preserve Protect Defend
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I agree. Bill Clinton should have been prosecuted in 1996 for donations from China.

I wasn't thinking of the male half of that team. I would be ecstatic if both the GOP and Democratic nominees found themselves behind bars and the parties had to choose someone else before the November elections.

justabubba

long standing member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Article is here
enough of such foolishness

the republicans of America want to be able to vote for him in the national elections

tRump prevailed in the GOP primary just so they could do that

outing him for his illegal ways would be as valid as jettisoning hillary for hers

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Q: Why Is the Donald Trump Campaign Committing Campaign Finance Felonies?

A: The Donald outdoes everybody in everything. He tells us so constantly. He wants to prove that he can out-corrupt Congress, too.

Patrickt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Article is here.

It might be very illegal but it's common practice with liberal Democrats. Donald Trump has been a Democrat for his entire life. President Obama had an internet site that specifically hid the country of the donor which he used in both of his elections. Sen. Clinton has certainly had campaign funds coming from foreign sources, notably Chinese.

Thoreau72

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Possible answer to thread question: For the same reason Hillary commits felonies--they are both crooks of the highest order. :mrgreen:

Deuce

Outer space potato man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Possible answer to thread question: For the same reason Hillary commits felonies--they are both crooks of the highest order. :mrgreen:

All threads must be made about Hillary.

The more plausible scenario is that its an email list that wasn't carefully vetted.

Last edited:

Quazimodo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Easy, he knows that all you loony lefties need something to do when you're in the basement.

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Easy, he knows that all you loony lefties need something to do when you're in the basement.

And someone who engages in illegal action because they're a real life version of an internet troll is who you want as President?

Quazimodo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Why sure, Thomas. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't know. Geez, everybody knows that.

Mycroft

Genius is where you find it.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Article is here.

I found it interesting that the article would mention the Clinton's involvement in almost the same kind of thing...well, actually a worse kind of thing...that actually involved the whole Democratic Party. According to the article's own link, not only was it quite clear who did what, it was quite clear that the typical, tried-and-true tactics of impeding an investigation were used back then...just as they are used nowadays.

In any case, since this event involving the Trump people hasn't even risen to the level of that past instance involving the Clintons and the Democrats I think a warning would suffice instead of the knee-jerk, "throw the book at them" response.

One can...and should...also factor this in when deciding to vote for Trump, just as one can...and should...factor in the long history that Clinton has of illegal and inappropriate behavior and activities.

As for myself...despite this alleged situation, I still consider Trump to be the lesser of two evils.

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I found it interesting that the article would mention the Clinton's involvement in almost the same kind of thing...well, actually a worse kind of thing...that actually involved the whole Democratic Party. According to the article's own link, not only was it quite clear who did what, it was quite clear that the typical, tried-and-true tactics of impeding an investigation were used back then...just as they are used nowadays.

In any case, since this event involving the Trump people hasn't even risen to the level of that past instance involving the Clintons and the Democrats I think a warning would suffice instead of the knee-jerk, "throw the book at them" response.

One can...and should...also factor this in when deciding to vote for Trump, just as one can...and should...factor in the long history that Clinton has of illegal and inappropriate behavior and activities.

As for myself...despite this alleged situation, I still consider Trump to be the lesser of two evils.

Evil is still evil. I'm voting for neither. The political hacks can do what they want, but I'm not buying into either hamster wheel. And I don't give a damn which of the 2 major parties wins. They are just 2 different cheeks of the same ass.

fmw

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Q: Why Is the Donald Trump Campaign Committing Campaign Finance Felonies?

A: The Donald outdoes everybody in everything. He tells us so constantly. He wants to prove that he can out-corrupt Congress, too.

Nobody can out-corrupt congress.

Quazimodo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I think maybe Donald ascribes to the Clinton Crime Family Motto, "All's Fair In Love And War."

SHOOTER

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
how so,if HELLARY can do it why can't TRUMP do it,it must not be illegal if a CLINTON is doing it.

so you thank the votes of 11.5 MILLION AMERICANS SHOULD BE THROWN UNDER THE CONSERVATIVE BUSS.
WHY AM I NOT SHOCKED ,RONALD REAGAN would not be conservative enough for you nuts,so you are ok with hillary clinton becoming president,you must be voting for her like the rest of the boneless that want to keep the status quo yet do not have enough backbone to admit it.
so they say look look he said this about a sitting judge how crude,the republican elite are just as politically correct as the obama white house ,so TRUMP speaks his mind and callas a turd a turd
The Conservative Establishment Turns Against GOP Voters | The Daily Caller

that's right they want to throw out the 11.5 million voters that voted for TRUMP,screw us we are just uneducated idiots ,they say
funny what happens when THE PEOPLE VOTE,SCREW MITT ROMNEY,it is said that the ELITE have no respect for the AMERICAN VOTER,IT IS ALL ABOUT THEM.
did any one notice how they went nuts when TRUMP said they could kiss the 15% capital gains tax rate good by,that is what this is all about MONEY,K.STREET and bought and paid for senators and congressmen ,they FEAR TRUMP and they should.

RUN DON RUN

run don run

SHOOTER

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
how so,if HELLARY can do it why can't TRUMP do it,it must not be illegal if a CLINTON is doing it.

so you thank the votes of 11.5 MILLION AMERICANS SHOULD BE THROWN UNDER THE CONSERVATIVE BUSS.
WHY AM I NOT SHOCKED ,RONALD REAGAN would not be conservative enough for you nuts,so you are ok with hillary clinton becoming president,you must be voting for her like the rest of the worms that want to keep the status quo yet do not have enough nuts to admit it.
so they say look look he said this about a sitting judge how crude,the republican elite are just as politically correct as the obama white house ,so TRUMP speaks his mind and callas a turd a turd

that's right they want to throw out the 11.5 million voters that voted for TRUMP,screw us we are just uneducated idiots ,they say
funny what happens when THE PEOPLE VOTE,SCREW MITT ROMNEY,it is said that the ELITE have no respect for the AMERICAN VOTER,IT IS ALL ABOUT THEM.
did any one notice how they went nuts when TRUMP said they could kiss the 15% capital gains tax rate good by,that is what this is all about MONEY,K.STREET and bought and paid for senators and congressmen ,they FEAR TRUMP and they should.

RUN DON RUN

run don run

Renae

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

WHY AM I NOT SHOCKED ,RONALD REAGAN would not be conservative enough for you nuts,so you are ok with hillary clinton becoming president,you must be voting for her like the rest of the boneless that want to keep the status quo yet do not have enough backbone to admit it.

RUN DON RUN

run don run

Well your lack of space bar use doesn't help your cause here guy.

Top Bottom