• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Is Biden Afraid To Be Interviewed On Cable News? (1 Viewer)

Why Is Biden Afraid Of Being Interviewed on Cable News?

• He is Afraid of Making Gaffes

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • His Campaign Directed Him Not To

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • He Is Afraid Of COVID

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • He Is Unsure Of His Own Positions On Issues

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • He Is Intimidated By People Asking Questions

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
As to my bona fides:

On a basic level, when performing a poll, there are two ways to account for possible sample bias regarding cross-tabs. Weighing, or stratified sampling. The latter is done before the polling, the former after.

Weighing is manipulating the results after the poll, according to demographics. If 20% of your respondents were Black, but only 16% of your population was, you modify the numbers accordingly. This type of adjustments warps the results in a way that can be dangerous, and scientifically unsound.

Stratification is different - with a stratified sample, the pollster has separate phone lists, divided by various demographic information. When the poll is performed, X percent of calls are made from each demographic list - where X is the percentage of the population represented by that list.

Both of these metrics require immaluble and mutually exclusive demographics, if any sense of accuracy is to be maintained. Which is why self-described party registration can not be used as either a weight, or a stratification.

Lookit those goal posts move!!!

No kidding! Why does it matter if he's in the studio? Many interviews arent in-person these days.

And 'softballs?' Please.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

If you're implying that you work for a polling company, then you have absolutely no business commenting on the validity of weighting.

Unweighted polls, which same Dems and Reps proportionately, have Biden with a much slimmer lead. This is fact. Check on it.

I don't care exactly what polling companies are doing that skews the weighting, it is skewed. And there is no reason on Earth, at this point, not to sample a proportionate number of Dems and Reps, unless you are purposely trying to skew the poll, so that liberals don't have to back up their arguments, and can simply spew crooked poll data instead of arguing facts.
I do not currently work for a polling company. I have.

Just to be clear, I am against weighing, as a general rule.

Most of this post is in the not even wrong category.

If you're implying that you work for a polling company, then you have absolutely no business commenting on the validity of weighting.

Unweighted polls, which same Dems and Reps proportionately, have Biden with a much slimmer lead. This is fact. Check on it.

I don't care exactly what polling companies are doing that skews the weighting, it is skewed. And there is no reason on Earth, at this point, not to sample a proportionate number of Dems and Reps, unless you are purposely trying to skew the poll, so that liberals don't have to back up their arguments, and can simply spew crooked poll data instead of arguing facts.
So someone who actually knows how polls work has no business commenting on how polls work? Lol okay.

What specific polls are "skew" the weighting as you claim? Cite specific polls and methodology to back up your claim.

Too many valid answers. He's afraid of making gaffs that are related to his failing mental capacity and I'm sure his campaign has directed him not to. There is also at play him not necessarily being unsure of his positions but more being unsure what positions he's supposed to hold, as is dictated by the High Priests of the Church of Wokeness.

The Church of wokeness

LOL

Apropos

Of course. And yet, I've read all of your posts on this, and because I actually do know what I'm talking about, I can clearly see through you.

You may have convinced yourself that you are an expert on polling because no one else could see through you - but I can. The bull**** doesn't work on me. I've actually done this **** before.

Same old boring

I'm going to attack attack attack until my opposition shuts the hell up

Zzzzzzzz

Give it up, you have been owned so many times on this thread, you would think you would learn.

No acknowledgement at all. :roll:

Buncha goalpost movin' by him and the other followers tho.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

The United States has tens of millions more registered Democrats than it does registered Republicans - according to voter registration data.

What do you mean by "proportional"?

I guess so because Trump did great, as usual.

Was that this interview?

Fact check: At his first coronavirus briefing since April, Trump repeats a handful of classic false claims - CNNPolitics

Lie after lie. Or one ignorance after ignorance after another.

Neither is acceptable in a supposed leader.

No acknowledgement at all. :roll:

Buncha goalpost movin' by him and the other followers tho.

It is the sign of a juvenile mind. He clearly made an error, but he just can't admit it, it makes him look worse. I admire someone who can own up to a mistake.

The United States has tens of millions more registered Democrats than it does registered Republicans - according to voter registration data.

What do you mean by "proportional"?

Lol

Some obviously voted for Trump

I get the feeling that some posters here have perfect insight into Biden's campaign strategy ;)

Yup...let The Donald make an incompetent ass of himself.

Did you see the huge (YUGE!) course-correction today? The Donald is on the run.

And JB doesnt have to do a damn thing except let him hang himself.

Fact-checking alone drives a few nails into that campaign coffin.

Fact check: At his first coronavirus briefing since April, Trump repeats a handful of classic false claims - CNNPolitics

How did he drop any ball?

See: Tulsa campaign rally and Mt Rushmore July 4th event.

And his 180 degree turnaround today. His YUGE fails became so evident that his handlers were finally able to convnce him to change course...radically. And now sound like even more of an ignorant hypocrite.

Fact check: At his first coronavirus briefing since April, Trump repeats a handful of classic false claims - CNNPolitics :mrgreen:

Waffles...they're not just for breakfast anymore! :lol:

According to Gallup, voter registration in April had the country at 31% Democrat, 30% Republican, the rest Independent/Unaffiliated.

You realize Chris is an antagonist,right?

So no 'softballs' then, as has been claimed, at least by others.

What a shame this has become. Liberals will eagerly vote for a piss stained, drooling idiot to lead this country into the gutter.

*snicker* I'm willing to bet you already did in 2016.

I voted He Is Unsure Of His Own Positions On Issues -because he just flipped flopped on getting rid of the fillibuster

Biden signals openness to eliminating Senate filibuster - POLITICO
As recently as February 2020, Biden opposed ending the filibuster.
Biden is attempting to appeal to skeptical left-wing voters.

No fillibuster = no minority check on 1 party rule

Don't underestimate Biden. He's a lousy candidate but he will get the Democratic vote. It doesn't really matter who, or what, either party runs as a candidate; they could put up most anyone. All that matters is turnout. And judging by recent primaries Democrats ain't overly excited by their choices.

Yes but we are definitely horrified by the incumbant...so the turnout will be YUGE!

The Donald is literally handing away the minority vote.

Lol you're using fact-checking from CNN? :lamo

Let's see you dispute any of it.

Cites please?

Yes but we are definitely horrified by the incumbant...so the turnout will be YUGE!

The Donald is literally handing away the minority vote.
have you gone Progressive?
I seem to recall your posts being more libertarian

Yup...let The Donald make an incompetent ass of himself.

Did you see the huge (YUGE!) course-correction today? The Donald is on the run.

And JB doesnt have to do a damn thing except let him hang himself.

Fact-checking alone drives a few nails into that campaign coffin.

Lol you're using fact-checking from CNN? :lamo

Let's see you dispute any of it.

Cites please?

This is way off the topic of the poll.

With all due respect, you should start a thread on this, and I'll go through the claims.

You accused 'softballs' earlier. And you dont accept CNN as a legitimate cable news network as mentioned in your OP?

So...put your $$ where your mouth is. Show why CNN is not a legitimate source. Refute the fact-checking.

have you gone Progressive?
I seem to recall your posts being more libertarian

Anyone can be horrified by the current incumbant. Many Republicans/conservatives are too, as we are starting to find out.

I am more of a libertarian lean tho, correct. I find that lean very socially liberal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom