• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Eve? Why not Adam?

Depends on which rib god used.
Wrong...the rib cage protects the heart and lungs...

Quotes > Quotable Quote​

“The woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved.”

― Matthew Henry, Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

Wrong...the rib cage protects the heart and lungs...

Quotes > Quotable Quote​

“The woman was made of a rib out of the side of Adam; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved.”

― Matthew Henry, Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

Every rib does not protect the heart. There are ribs that are nowhere near the heart. Taking one of those does not make the heart more vulnerable.

"Jehovah God .....

Pardon me, Elora.....but aren't you referring to GOD Himself when you invoke His name, JEHOVAH?
"Jehovah God," is quite riveting.

I'm just scratching my head here................................................ because you say "Jehovah God," like as if there is someone other than God whose name is also Jehovah. :)

Pardon me, Elora.....but aren't you referring to GOD Himself when you invoke His name, JEHOVAH?
"Jehovah God," is quite riveting.

I'm just scratching my head here................................................ because you say "Jehovah God," like as if there is someone other than God whose name is also Jehovah. :)
Not everyone knows that is God's name...

He didn't tell them what was "right and wrong" regarding 'good and evil'. That info was off limits.
A conscience was off limits. Obedience to might was the lesson. Everybody knows that might doesn't make right.

Depends on which rib god used.

@Gordy327

@Logician Man

Hahahaha this is funny. We can only make assumption why God had taken the rib.

Perhaps, it's simply because God knows it's the best part to use.
God knows the rib has regenerative powers..............................long BEFORE SCIENCE DID!

Hahaha - looks like we've scratched on to something that can be added to The Bible thread! :ROFLMAO:

Why did God use Adam’s rib? Interestingly, ribs have amazing regenerative powers.
Portions of rib bone and cartilage removed in bone graft surgery will regrow in a few months’ time, as long as the rib perichondrium is left intact.

This means that Adam’s loss of a rib was only temporary; he did not have to go through the rest of his life with an incomplete skeletal system. :ROFLMAO:

God’s use of one of Adam’s ribs to make Eve is a reminder that woman was created to be “beside” man. Together, the man and woman complement one another in marriage,
and in Christ they are “heirs together of the grace of life” (1 Peter 3:7, NKJV).

Unlike salamanders, mammals can’t regenerate lost limbs, but they can repair large sections of their ribs.

Last edited:
@Gordy327

Hahahaha this is funny. We can only make assumption why God had taken the rib.

Perhaps, it's simply because God knows it's the best part to use.
God knows the rib has regenerative powers..............................long BEFORE SCIENCE DID!

Hahaha - looks like we've scratched on to something that can be added to The Bible thread! :ROFLMAO:

Why did God use Adam’s rib? Interestingly, ribs have amazing regenerative powers.
Portions of rib bone and cartilage removed in bone graft surgery will regrow in a few months’ time, as long as the rib perichondrium is left intact.

This means that Adam’s loss of a rib was only temporary; he did not have to go through the rest of his life with an incomplete skeletal system. :ROFLMAO:

God’s use of one of Adam’s ribs to make Eve is a reminder that woman was created to be “beside” man. Together, the man and woman complement one another in marriage,
and in Christ they are “heirs together of the grace of life” (1 Peter 3:7, NKJV).

Unlike salamanders, mammals can’t regenerate lost limbs, but they can repair large sections of their ribs.

The bible doesn't support any of this speculative nonsense.

They did...Jehovah told them wat was right and wrong, along with the consequences...they were deprived of nothing...they had the chance to prove their trust/love in their Creator and they failed...
Again, how would the know or really understand if they lack knowledge? It's like if a parent tells a child not to play with guns, but purposely leaves a gun out, and gets surprised or angry when the child shoots the gun. Does one blame the child, or the parent?

Apparently even god has rules to follow. For example, he couldn't save humanity without a bloody human sacrifice. Rules are rules.
What's the point of being a God if God has to follow rules? Seems like God is incompetent.

That all you can say? :ROFLMAO:

Where is your bible support to show that god literally did this because he knew ribs grow back. And you do realize the story is not literally true, I hope.

Where is your bible support to show that god literally did this because he knew ribs grow back. And you do realize the story is not literally true, I hope.

That's why I said, we can only make assumption.

However - by the looks of it - the assumption may be close to the truth. That's why perhaps God chose the ribs! :ROFLMAO:

That's why I said, we can only make assumption.

However - by the looks of it - the assumption may be close to the truth. That's why perhaps God chose the ribs! :ROFLMAO:

Making assumptions about a fictional story is funny.

Why is it wrong for human beings to know good from evil? Why did God try to prevent that?

Cat got your tongue? hit a brickwall? :ROFLMAO:

I think god used a rib because he forgot he had magic powers and could create things by talking them into existence. Or maybe he had laryngitis that day.

Why is it wrong for human beings to know good from evil? Why did God try to prevent that?
Do you like the world we live in? It comes from human beings knowing/experiencing good from evil for themselves, rather than trusting in Jehovah God to decide for them...those who don't listen have to feel...and it ain't no fun...

Back
Top Bottom