• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Why Does Religious People Attack Atheist? (1 Viewer)

I'll e-mail you the book if you like, and give you page numbers... Just not posting it on DP.

Editing out the context is still a cheap ploy, no matter how many times you repeat it

I could do the same to Uncle Toms Cabin and "prove" that Ms Stowe supported slavery. I can give you page #'s too

Read some books please... (Other than the bible) Start with Sam Harris': "The End of Faith"

I don't see how citing a book that attacks christians will prove your point that atheists don't attack christians :lamo:

Because by being a Christian you cause bloodshed across the world (See witch trials, crusades, etc etc). By being a Christian you bring your crazy ways of life into our society (IE pro-life). By being a Christian you break the separation of church and state because you CANNOT separate your beliefs from your decisions. Do you honestly believe that being a Christian does not effect your judgement in any way? Why just yesterday I was having a conversation with my neighbor's mother. They are in town because my neighbor's husband is in the hospital with a rare virus that is eating his muscles. Now that he is getting better, this mother has decided that it isn't because of medicine, it is because they prayed. See where I'm going? Now the proper people will not be thanked for saving a young mans life. Unless, of course, you call payment of money a way of being thankful. So when Christians finally keep their beliefs to themselves, which is humanly impossible, I will be fine with them believing in whatever invisible sky god they want to, but that will never happen.

End rant :).

I did not know that Martin Luther King Jr presided over witch trials and The Crusades :cuckoo:

Good thing hate-theists have no wacky ideas :roll:

Last edited:
I did not know that Martin Luther King Jr presided over witch trials and The Crusades :cuckoo:

Good thing hate-theists have no wacky ideas :roll:

Did that address any of my points? No.

I don't see how citing a book that attacks christians will prove your point that atheists don't attack christians :lamo:

It attacks more Muslims than Christians.

This is where your logic fails you. When I debate with someone on a topic such as global warming, no one gets offended. Why is it that you suddenly think it is an attack when I start discussing the bad things that religion has done to our world?

Because by being a Christian you cause bloodshed across the world (See witch trials, crusades, etc etc). By being a Christian you bring your crazy ways of life into our society (IE pro-life). By being a Christian you break the separation of church and state because you CANNOT separate your beliefs from your decisions. Do you honestly believe that being a Christian does not effect your judgement in any way? Why just yesterday I was having a conversation with my neighbor's mother. They are in town because my neighbor's husband is in the hospital with a rare virus that is eating his muscles. Now that he is getting better, this mother has decided that it isn't because of medicine, it is because they prayed. See where I'm going? Now the proper people will not be thanked for saving a young mans life. Unless, of course, you call payment of money a way of being thankful. So when Christians finally keep their beliefs to themselves, which is humanly impossible, I will be fine with them believing in whatever invisible sky god they want to, but that will never happen.

End rant :).

If this is the case, why do atheists never chastise Muslims who have waged just as much war, who push their repentance upon people, who worship a "sky god" that may or may not exist?

If this is the case, why do atheists never chastise Muslims who have waged just as much war, who push their repentance upon people, who worship a "sky god" that may or may not exist?

We do. We just tend to attack Christianity as it is the most prevalent religion in the U.S.

Whatever happened to people letting people believe what they want and not try to convince them otherwise?

a great majority of the population in america is christian,maybe this is a reason...in fact there is no difference between fanatical christians and muslims,all kind of extremism must be eliminated..

a great majority of the population in america is christian,maybe this is a reason...in fact there is no difference between fanatical christians and muslims,all kind of extremism must be eliminated..

What is most unfortunate about this is that by you being religious you are protecting, unintentionally, the extremist.

This is where your logic fails you. When I debate with someone on a topic such as global warming, no one gets offended. Why is it that you suddenly think it is an attack when I start discussing the bad things that religion has done to our world?

You responded to a question about why atheists attack christians, and responded by citing a book that attacks christians :lamo

And they're all similar to fanatical atheists. All kinds of extremism should be eliminated

What is most unfortunate about this is that by you being religious you are protecting, unintentionally, the extremist.

What is most unfortunate about this is that by you being atheist you are protecting the extremist atheists

What is most unfortunate about this is that by you being atheist you are protecting the extremist atheists

Because extremist atheists fly planes into buildings...

Why, yes, there is a difference between "fanatical Christians" and "fanatical Muslims," at least in our lifetimes and realities. Unless, of course, you can direct me to examples of "fanatical Christians" slaughtering thousands of innocent people in the name of their God.

And you cannot.

Whatever happened to people letting people believe what they want and not try to convince them otherwise?
How many Atheists knock on doors spreading the word? Are there Atheists slogans on out money? Is Atheism in our Pledge of Allegiance? Do Atheists regularly tell Christians that they will be tortured in their afterlife for not believing in Atheism? Do Atheists assume that Christians are agents of the devil? Do Atheists assert that Americans cannot be patriotic unless they are Atheists?

'Whatever happened to people letting people believe what they want and not try to convince them otherwise?' Indeed.

Why, yes, there is a difference between "fanatical Christians" and "fanatical Muslims," at least in our lifetimes and realities. Unless, of course, you can direct me to examples of "fanatical Christians" slaughtering thousands of innocent people in the name of their God.

And you cannot.

Perhaps you missed those things called "The Crusades"

Modern examples? The KKK and attacks on Jews. The conflict in Ireland. Abortion clinics being bombed.

Last edited:

And you cannot.
You are kidding right?

Perhaps you missed those things called "The Crusades"

Modern examples? The KKK and attacks on Jews. The conflict in Ireland. Abortion clinics being bombed.

You need to read more closely. The Crusades? I specified "at least in our lifetimes and realities."

Can you be more specific? Examples of "the KKK and attacks on Jews"?

LOL, what conflict in Ireland? Are you speaking about the IRA? In 1913 or in the '70's and '80's or when?

As for abortion clinic bombings, can you tell me how many there have been in the United States and when the last one was?

You need to read more closely. The Crusades? I specified "at least in our lifetimes and realities."

Can you be more specific? Examples of "the KKK and attacks on Jews"?

LOL, what conflict in Ireland? Are you speaking about the IRA? In 1913 or in the '70's and '80's or when?

As for abortion clinic bombings, can you tell me how many there have been in the United States and when the last one was?

Well I was on my phone earlier so I will elaborate a bit more on this.

KKK and their attacks - they were undoubtedly Christian. Their message was to "spread Protestant values in America." How many blacks, Jews, and other minorities did they lynch and / or kill?

In Northern Ireland / The Republic of Ireland - the conflict between the Protestants and Catholics. (Over 1800 civilians dead and over 3500 overall. There's your thousands)

Abortion Clinic Bombings - the last one was 2007. Nonetheless, there have been 40+ bombings, over 150 arsons, and over 1200 counts of vandalism.

And you cannot.

sorry but really I cant find any difference...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom