• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why did we win?

Because of Donald Trump and his incredibly poor handling of the COVID-19 Pandemic that lead to hundreds of thousands of deaths, and the cratering of a steadily-humming home economy. All else being equal, were it not for COVID-19, Donald Trump almost certainly would have won reelection.
Sad, but true. I still would have voted for Biden, but there are a lot of people I'm pretty sure who would have gone for Trump had he not totally showed his true colors with the handling of this pandemic so brilliantly (and that would be the brilliantly as in the colorful or openly sense, not the intelligence sense).

I'd look at this election as a win for both sides. Biden has secured the office of President and Republicans will most likely maintain the majority in the Senate, and picked up many seats in the House to narrow the Democrat majority. Going to be tough times for Biden to execute on all the promises he made.

In addition, Republicans picked up additional support from the Black and Latino population.

I'd look at this election as a win for both sides. Biden has secured the office of President and Republicans will most likely maintain the majority in the Senate, and picked up many seats in the House to narrow the Democrat majority. Going to be tough times for Biden to execute on all the promises he made.

In addition, Republicans picked up additional support from the Black and Latino population.
Yeah, Biden will get nothing much done for a couple of years at least. But I do see it as a victory for both sides, Trump is that dangerous to leave in power.

Yeah, Biden will get nothing much done for a couple of years at least. But I do see it as a victory for both sides, Trump is that dangerous to leave in power.

Yes .. agree. In addition, Biden will have to deal with all the defund the police initiatives, law enforcement officers retiring early, the gap in new recruits and the fear citizens will have because a lack of security -- the quagmire Democrats created.

Yes .. agree. In addition, Biden will have to deal with all the defund the police initiatives, law enforcement officers retiring early, the gap in new recruits and the fear citizens will have because a lack of security -- the quagmire Democrats created.
Can't say I'd want to trade places with a party that has white supremacists to appease, but yeah, the far left is no picnic for sane Ds to navigate.

Losing the Presidency is a bummer - especially in light of all the positive changes Trump was able to make, and would have continued to make if he had held the office - but I'd ultimately have to second this narrative. Things could have been a lot worse. The first four years of a Biden Presidency will likely be "status quo." We also have a decent shot of ousting him in 2024.

If nothing else, Trump losing makes that whole "civil war" eventuality everyone was getting nervous over significantly less likely. Hopefully, removing the irritant of "TDS" from the equation will lead the Left's ideological fringe to calm the Hell down, and stop militantly radicalizing.

Nice post, thanks. And I agree that there is no mandate. Of course, Trump didn't have one either but acted as if he did. Biden can't do the same because regardless of what happens in Georgia, Biden will not have a rubber stamp senate.
Exactly. This election has to be the craziest I ever seen when looking top to bottom. Most look at only the presidential results, not that of the house, state legislatures and governorship's. They're all intertwined.

It cost money for me to read that. If any official from the Trump administration put classified information into an unclassified network, be it SIPR to NIPR or SCIF related material, they all deserve to be in jail. In the case of Colin Power, we know there was no classified to unclassified. In the case of Hillary Clinton we know there was over 2,000 classified e-mails on and unclassified server to include 22 TS SI SAP messages.

As someone who was part of those programs, anyone and I mean anyone who puts classified data into an unclassified or unsecure arena or network should pay a heavy price. Who doesn't matter one iota. Since I'm unwilling to pay the money to read it, you read it to see if they introduced classified material on unofficial networks computers and cell phones. If they did, then they belong in jail.

Political appointees and civilians are way too lax with both physical and electronic security. I'm the type of guy who believes throwing the book at them regardless of political party. This nations security should know no bound and difference based on political parties or being a politician which seems to be able to get away with breaking security regulations at will. It's that simple, what Hillary did any PFC, Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Major and even a general would find themselves headed to Ft. Leavenworth.

Can't say I'd want to trade places with a party that has white supremacists to appease, but yeah, the far left is no picnic for sane Ds to navigate.

How will Biden address the "white supremacists" that you identify with limited law enforcement?

Losing the Presidency is a bummer - especially in light of all the positive changes Trump was able to make, and would have continued to make if he had held the office - but I'd ultimately have to second this narrative. Things could have been a lot worse. The first four years of a Biden Presidency will likely be "status quo." We also have a decent shot of ousting him in 2024.

If nothing else, Trump losing makes that whole "civil war" eventuality everyone was getting nervous over significantly less likely. Hopefully, removing the irritant of "TDS" from the equation will lead the Left's ideological fringe to calm the Hell down, and stop militantly radicalizing.

A Biden administration will quickly identify his ability to articulate thought without the use of a teleprompter.

How will Biden address the "white supremacists" that you identify with limited law enforcement?
(1) aren't you mixing federal and local law enforcement to try to create a gotcha? (2) even at the local level, do you think enough defunding movement will be both desired and occur to prevent arresting some nazis as a top priority?

Sorry for the double reply, but also, no need to put scare quotes around white supremacists. They exist and everyone knows it, and they LOVE Trump and everyone knows it. Their presence is not some kind of hypothesized academic fantasy talking point you need to distance your words from. Please inhabit our shared reality, where, sadly, there are white supremacists.

Colin Powell had an AOL account never used for classified traffic. Big difference between classified and unclassified in case you didn't know. All classified traffic was sent to his state department and or DOD email where proper cryptographic equipment secured it. Unlike Hillary who received up to and above TS on her unclassified server. You didn't miss it, but you never understood the difference between classified and unclassified..Apparently Hillary never did either. Hillary had no cryptographic equipment to secure him home server.

Perhaps the Secretary of State emailing foreign leaders isn't classified ??!!?? I guess you didn't read the article - so we have nowhere else to go with this.

No, actually the thread has been quite lively. Sour grapes much?

Lively maybe, but the basis for the thread is false, so it is a waste of a thread.

No sour grapes here. I was hoping a Democrat would win so the cry babies would go to sleep for four years and come back only when another Republican wins in four years.

Sorry for the double reply, but also, no need to put scare quotes around white supremacists. They exist and everyone knows it, and they LOVE Trump and everyone knows it. Their presence is not some kind of hypothesized academic fantasy talking point you need to distance your words from. Please inhabit our shared reality, where, sadly, there are white supremacists.

I'm not denying that supremacists exist; however, often times, many equate Trump supporters as white supremacists, nazis, racists, [insert other label], etc. and I just don't agree with that (hence the quote marks)

I'm not denying that supremacists exist; however, often times, many equate Trump supporters as white supremacists, nazis, racists, [insert other label], etc. and I just don't agree with that (hence the quote marks)

The basic Leftist position these days is that literally anyone with a soft-spot for "traditional" American, or even generally Western, values, is a "white supremacist." Like with the term "Fascist" before it, they've over-used the moniker to the point where it has essentially become meaningless in real terms, and has simply become a catch-all for anything and everything the Left dislikes.

The basic Leftist position these days is that literally anyone with a soft-spot for "traditional" American, or even generally Western, values, is a "white supremacist."
You are just supporting the fact that upholding traditionalism and Western values is considered white supremacy.

Lol. What?
"The basic Leftist position these days is that literally anyone with a soft-spot for "traditional" American, or even generally Western, values, is a "white supremacist."" is what you said. I am just stating that you think that traditionalism and western values pertain to white supremacy. Personally, I think so due to the fact that traditional western values upholded white supremacy

I like oatmeal - especially with raisin and blueberries. But not enough to vote for Biden who is not strong enough to resist all of the Progressive forces already in his party.

My figure of speech was, "Dems are foolish enough to vote for a ham sandwich instead of Trump".
I’d rather have a ham sandwich than trump.

"The basic Leftist position these days is that literally anyone with a soft-spot for "traditional" American, or even generally Western, values, is a "white supremacist."" is what you said. I am just stating that you think that traditionalism and western values pertain to white supremacy. Personally, I think so due to the fact that traditional western values upholded white supremacy

Yeah... No. I was describing the observed position of the other side, not stating my own.

i.e. The modern Left often starts from the assumption that basically any major idea or institution in American, or Western, history, dating from prior to 1970, or so (or simply not originating with the Left), is rooted in "white supremacy," or various other flavors of "bigotry." They therefore tend to be of the opinion that all such ideas and institutions must be discarded, lest one be branded as a "white supremacist" or "bigot" themselves.

This idea is fundamentally false, as it is built off of flawed premises.

Last edited:
Seven Democrats in the House of Representatives lost their seats because Republican voters are not rational.

The Democratic Party only picked up a net of one seat in the Senate for the same reason: Republican voters are not rational.
Nope, I think you're wrong there. Generally speaking, our friends on the left are suckers for an emotive pitch. There is no other explanation for the support the give the likes of Sanders, Warren, and AOC.

Ummm... Yes. Having the government forcibly restrict something like 90% of all economic activity in many of the country's most active economic centers for months on end will tend to have that affect.

On the flip side of that, however, Trump's low tax and regulation economy looks like it will experience the strongest economic recovery in American history once those lockdowns end (assuming Biden doesn't kill it).

Did you know that (as an illustrative example) if a country's quarterly GDP drops to 10% of what it previously was, then if that country's quarterly GDP rises to 20% of what it previously was you have a 100% increase in the country's quarterly GDP from one quarter to the other?

THAT (and remember that that was only an illustrative example) is the type of "strongest economic recovery in American history" that you are talking about.

Back
Top Bottom