• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why can’t I find a job...I went to college!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can’t I find a job...I went to college, I spent $225 grand and my nieghbor who’s a grease ball mechanic in the building trades is making three times what I used to make.

Well Boo hoo hoo, suck it up cup cake, you bought into it, go back to night school and pick ya up a wrench, we can’t all sit behind a computer and produce nothing for the Country opting to push money and information around. Wait wait wait!...you can always teach, bwahhaaa
Sure, you're trolling, I get it, but I'll respond anyway. I have time to kill, this evening.
So you're one of those uneducated ones Trump loves, right? You think that superior education is for cup cakes (the grapes are green, I get it).
For your information: my son is making $390,000 per year, one and a half years after grad school, after having placed first among his classmates in college.
His student loans? Gone. He paid them off, in full.
So, maybe you should get an education. It might help you. Some people who do, make really good money.
By the way, what's exactly a nieghbor?

Last edited:
They did not teach you to flip photos, rightside up? :) Just razzing you

It was posted with Trump supporters in mind. They'll lay down on the floor sideways to read it.

Why is it that you're only capable of speaking in extremes and attacking the importance of other people's jobs? Who here has insulted mechanics or technicians? You've done nothing but insult college educated jobs.
Im not up to linking them all, but you can find them at “my posts” don’t worry I gave as good as I got. I think you’ve missed the point, I think a formal higher education is great, but it’s not the only game in town, and kids today are strapped with boo coo college debt, nothing to do me me slamming the educated because they're educated, but goober/farmers have a brain and know how to use it.

Sure, you're trolling, I get it, but I'll respond anyway. I have time to kill, this evening.
So you're one of those uneducated ones Trump loves, right? You think that superior education is for cup cakes (the grapes are green, I get it).
For your information: my son is making $390,000 per year, one and a half years after grad school, after having placed first among his classmates in college.
His student loans? Gone. He paid them off, in full.
So, maybe you should get an education. It might help you. Some people who do, make really good money.
By the way, what's exactly a nieghbor?
i don’t think that at all, thanks for stopping by, and yes, I am trolling to make a point, a point you obviously missed.

i thought about joining the grips...cool jobs.

You SHOULD. But I imagine that you ARE aware how hard they work Grip and Electric...not that that's a bad thing.
But get ready for those fourteen and sixteen hour shoot days. The good part is, meal penalties, double time, golden time and the fact that the eight or ten hour prep days and the eight or ten hour strike the set days will go by like a breeze.

The G&E depts are awesome. I've worked G&E a few times, mother of God I was beat!

Im not up to linking them all, but you can find them at “my posts” don’t worry I gave as good as I got. I think you’ve missed the point, I think a formal higher education is great, but it’s not the only game in town, and kids today are strapped with boo coo college debt, nothing to do me me slamming the educated because they're educated, but goober/farmers have a brain and know how to use it.

Literally no one in this thread has said everyone should go to college and nobody has insulted mechanics and technicians. You have constantly insulted college educated jobs as worthless. Why are you so hateful? Do you feel inadequate so you must lash out to compensate?

You SHOULD. But I imagine that you ARE aware how hard they work Grip and Electric...not that that's a bad thing.
But get ready for those fourteen and sixteen hour shoot days. The good part is, meal penalties, double time, golden time and the fact that the eight or ten hour prep days and the eight or ten hour strike the set days will go by like a breeze.

The G&E depts are awesome. I've worked G&E a few times, mother of God I was beat!
I already told ya I’m retired (and I plan to stay that way, till I get bored...but I don’t see that happening anytime soon, way to many interests) I’m done and so is my body, it didn’t get that way by being a bum like many think union people are.

Literally no one in this thread has said everyone should go to college and nobody has insulted mechanics and technicians. You have constantly insulted college educated jobs as worthless. Why are you so hateful? Do you feel inadequate so you must lash out to compensate?
now who’s trollin’ I’m done with you mishsta schmaty pants.

Why can’t I find a job...I went to college, I spent $225 grand and my nieghbor who’s a grease ball mechanic in the building trades is making three times what I used to make.

Well Boo hoo hoo, suck it up cup cake, you bought into it, go back to night school and pick ya up a wrench, we can’t all sit behind a computer and produce nothing for the Country opting to push money and information around. Wait wait wait!...you can always teach, bwahhaaa

Huh. I usually suggest having a rational, cogent point to make when creating a new thread.

I understand that might not work for everyone, though.

now who’s trollin’ I’m done with you mishsta schmaty pants.

You've done nothing but insult college educated jobs and you can't point to one single person who's insulted mechanics or technicians or said that everyone should go to college. You lie and you refuse to backup those lies when challenged.

You've done nothing but insult college educated jobs and you can't point to one single person who's insulted mechanics or technicians or said that everyone should go to college. You lie and you refuse to backup those lies when challenged.
you’re wrong, you’re just not paying attention, and when I’m wrong I say so...do you, ******’ mouth!

I already told ya I’m retired (and I plan to stay that way, till I get bored...but I don’t see that happening anytime soon, way to many interests) I’m done and so is my body, it didn’t get that way by being a bum like many think union people are.

Last time I worked on a set was 2016. I was complimented on "keeping up with the young guys". LOL

truck rig.jpg

These days I am mostly here:

editbayFirestore.jpg

Nothing like a five second commute to work.

Last edited:
~ Millionaire = self employed auto mechanic ; plumber ; electrician ; carpenter ; roofer ; HVAC repair/install ; pool maintenance/ refinish ; general contractor ; landscape & garden contractor . You simply have to be good at your trade, honest, competitive in price and responsible. Obviously not many fit that description. College has a purpose, but other than a 2 year Jr. College general education it's really not worth it.
Hey - you can always get into politics !

you’re wrong, you’re just not paying attention, and when I’m wrong I say so...do you, ******’ mouth!

Then just show me ONE quote of anybody in this thread insulting mechanics or technicians or claiming that everyone should go to college. Do that and I'll apologize. You won't because you know you're lying.

Then just show me ONE quote of anybody in this thread insulting mechanics or technicians or claiming that everyone should go to college. Do that and I'll apologize. You won't because you know you're lying.
they aren’t in this thread, they in the ether...but then you knew that, so what’s your point?

Never mind don’t really care, ba...

they aren’t in this thread, they in the ether...but then you knew that, so what’s your point?

Never mind don’t really care, ba...

Ah ok, so your only point was to insult people who went to college, there was no other point.

Gotta love these ****ing Boomers.

"Do good in school, or you won't be able to go to college and you'll flip burgers for the rest of your life."
"Go to an expensive college, or you won't get a good job, and you'll flip burgers for the rest of your life."
"Here, borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars to afford it-- you don't want to flip burgers for the rest of your life."

And here we are, we did everything they told us, and we're hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt and we can't afford to pay them, and what do they say?

"Well, who told you that you were too good to flip burgers, anyway?"

**** you. Have fun paying for your own nursing homes, because you made sure we'd never be able to afford it.

Ah ok, so your only point was to insult people who went to college, there was no other point.
Man you’re dense, yeah bud sure that was it you got me have a nice day. Now pat yourself on the back, and go run to your buddy JH, oh don’t forget to take your lipstick and mark a tic mark on your computer screen

PS, your a **** dude, don’t be a ****.

Calm down, fellow. Breathe. Smell the roses. Don't have a heart attack over an anonymous Internet board.
Your reactions to what other people are saying to you here, are telling.
Not a very smart thread to start, huh? It didn't go so well, huh?
And PS, no, I din't miss any "point" you were trying to make, LOL.

I don't even understand what point you're trying to make.
You mean "college is useless and worthless" ?

Not at all. I am a plumber and I have been taking college courses as well as factory training for 40 years now. When I first started working on water heaters they had 3 wires on them. A thermocouple for the pilot and 2 safety wires. Today you need to go to college and be certified just to work on them or you may void the warranty. Plus it is nice to have a clue how to actually fix them.

tankless-water-heater-repair-installation.jpg

Gotta love these ****ing Boomers.

"Do good in school, or you won't be able to go to college and you'll flip burgers for the rest of your life."
"Go to an expensive college, or you won't get a good job, and you'll flip burgers for the rest of your life."
"Here, borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars to afford it-- you don't want to flip burgers for the rest of your life."

And here we are, we did everything they told us, and we're hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt and we can't afford to pay them, and what do they say?

"Well, who told you that you were too good to flip burgers, anyway?"

**** you. Have fun paying for your own nursing homes, because you made sure we'd never be able to afford it.
Not all kids of Boomers are losers. Mine isn't.

Calm down, fellow. Breathe. Smell the roses. Don't have a heart attack over an anonymous Internet board.
Your reactions to what other people are saying to you here, are telling.
Not a very smart thread to start, huh? It didn't go so well, huh?
And PS, no, I din't miss any "point" you were trying to make, LOL.
funny, I jsut went to the doctors today, 74 resting heart beat, not terrible for an old broken down man who use to smoke 20 years ago. You’d have to know me, but I am little phased by anyone on the internet, even though it may not seem that way...all in all, none of this maters, and I truly don’t give a tinkers damn.

But know, didn’t go so well, 🤪

funny, I jsut went to the doctors today, 74 resting heart beat, not terrible for an old broken down man who use to smoke 20 years ago. You’d have to know me, but I am little phased by anyone on the internet, even though it may not seem that way...all in all, none of this maters, and I truly don’t give a tinkers damn.

If you don't give a tinkers damn, why in the hell are you starting this kind of thread???
Oh boy.
I feel sorry for you. I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom