• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why aren't we hearing about these numbers?

So masks were the only recommended form of protection then? Is that what you’re saying? I just got through your other other covid thread, and I need to ask you clarifying questions to see where your “science” stands today.

I”m sure you don’t mind.
Protection? You mean like condoms? I wish more Dems would use them.

UK 40,000 something deaths with less than 1/3 on the U.S's population?
And that means they have 1/5th the number of deaths we have, math can be your friend or your enemy.

Are you out of ammo *this* quickly? Really? That’s what you call stamina?

:::giggles:::
Sorry but I refuse to waste my "ammo" on feminists. Those hairy armpits, mustache, 250 pounds, and size Bs are a bit of a turnoff, thank you very much.

Sorry but I refuse to waste my "ammo" on feminists. Those hairy armpits, mustache, 250 pounds, and size Bs are a bit of a turnoff, thank you very much.

I don’t know why you keep mentioning people who have already pre-rejected you, but do you no longer wish to discuss covid? If that’s so, just lemme know.

You seem a bit...tense.

I don’t know why you keep mentioning people who have already pre-rejected you, but do you no longer wish to discuss covid? If that’s so, just lemme know.

You seem a bit...tense.
I am not here for pats on the back like the left wing posters are.

I am not here for pats on the back like the left wing posters are.

You’ve now spent a few posts whining about your love life and whatever else, which NOOOO ONE cares about. So,covid? When you want to be taken seriously on this subject, answer a q or two.

You’ve now spent a few posts whining about your love life and whatever else, which NOOOO ONE cares about. So,covid? When you want to be taken seriously on this subject, answer a q or two.
I have answered all questions on the matter. As another poster here said and which I heavily borrowed:

Left wingers KNOW that 2 plus 2 equals 4. They just don't like it.

Similarly with COVID, left wingers KNOW that COVID primarily kills the old, the weak, and the infirm. They just don't like that fact.

Left wingers KNOW there is no scientific testing or evidence that masks stop COVID and for that matter, the evidence points to that it doesn't. The just don't like it.

I'm sorry you feel the need to descend to personal insults. I'm not going to follow you downhill. I think I've made a solid case that the WUWT claim was neither dishonest nor unfounded. And it doesn't matter in the slightest what are death certificate guidelines; it's just a fact that 6% of C-19 related death certificates list only C-19 as the CoD. Enjoy your weekend.

I called the argument stupid and explained why. I'm sorry you can't defend the point.

I haven't disputed the fact that 6% just listed only COVID, but it's also a fact that you misinterpreted the data, followed the CT nutjobs and liars and others and draw a false conclusion from that fact. It's NOT that 94% had diabetes or heart disease etc. prior to infection. COVID causes lung problems, or strokes, or liver failure, etc. and listing them on the death certificate doesn't mean they had those prior to getting COVID.

I have answered all questions on the matter. As another poster here said and which I heavily borrowed:

Left wingers KNOW that 2 plus 2 equals 4. They just don't like it.

Similarly with COVID, left wingers KNOW that COVID primarily kills the old, the weak, and the infirm. They just don't like that fact.

Left wingers KNOW there is no scientific testing or evidence that masks stop COVID and for that matter, the evidence points to that it doesn't. The just don't like it.

But masks were prescribed as one part of a series of precautions, and no one claimed masks “stopped” covid. I’m sorry you borrowed something so banal, you had a plethora of options and you went with that.

So okay: I think what your’re realling saying is you don’t care how many folks die to get to herd immunity, correct? If I have you wrong, just say so, but I don’t think so. And if that’s the case, why waste time on “science” you’re not interested in? Just make the philosophical argument, and then explain how it would be executed and what that would look like.

Here, I’ll go first: herd immunity, putting aside how cruel and inhumane it is, is just bad policy. It will wipe out entire workforces in sickness just to get there. Entire departments down for the count for a week or more. That’s if they don’t have long term complications. Employers will have to stop and start projects as different key players get sick. The effect on mulitimilliom dollar personality/athlete driven industries is that they will be effectively halted for a few years.The won’t be any confidence among consumers either as *you* may be willing to Stand Up To A Virus, but others just aren’t as brave and rugged. And they get to decide where to spend their money. Theaters in states that opened too early are still struggling, for example. Our passports will still be worthless as the rest of the world is not going to allow a viral shithole of 300m people come near their own countries any time soon.

And then there’s the psychological consequences of Americans just passively accepting millions dead from a preventable virus. What parent would support any war ever again? Why would we risk our lives for a country that gave up on us so easily? If you think we’re just a collection of selfish entitelment now, just wait until we are post a time where folks like you told us our grandparents, children, wives, husbands, etc aren’t worth it and we need to just get over it. What will empathy or sympathy even look like in this country? How would we explain it to our children?

Herd immunity is bad economically and socially.

As I said elsewhere, I'm not following you downhill. I think I made my case. Enjoy your weekend.

That's fine - favorably cite WUWT hacks who make dishonest arguments easily proved wrong, repeat bogus claims related to the 6% figure, and then fail to back those claims up when showed the evidence from actual experts.

It does a disservice when people who might have decent arguments about the societal response to COVID insist on using dishonest claims to make the case. The video linked from your source explained: "Anyone who put that information out there (the 6%) and said 'look' needs to be understood as a completely uncredible source of anything having to do with medicine." That's who you're relying on.

About 1500 people die from Cancer each day in the US alone. And 3400 more people are diagnosed with cancer each day. So what is your point

That is totally false.

Sure those people MIGHT have had that so-called "Cancer" (but they probably didn't and the hospitals were actually conspiring to inflate that number so that they could get paid more) but NOT ONE OF THEM died until their heart stopped beating, and that means that the REAL cause of death was "heart failure".

[The above form of "Internet Rebuttal" has been specifically and officially approved and endorsed by "Devoted Online Lovers of Trump" Inc. (a non-partisan, independent, research and analysis organization exempt from federal taxation that is dedicated to bringing you the true truth and not the false truth that anyone who doesn't believe 100% of what Donald Trump says tries to tell you the so-called "facts" are), "Pro-Life United Gun Enthusiasts and Manufacturers for Jesus", and “"TheFirst Amendment Rights Trust’ Foundation”.]

I called the argument stupid and explained why. I'm sorry you can't defend the point.

I haven't disputed the fact that 6% just listed only COVID, but it's also a fact that you misinterpreted the data, followed the CT nutjobs and liars and others and draw a false conclusion from that fact. It's NOT that 94% had diabetes or heart disease etc. prior to infection. COVID causes lung problems, or strokes, or liver failure, etc. and listing them on the death certificate doesn't mean they had those prior to getting COVID.
That's fine - favorably cite WUWT hacks who make dishonest arguments easily proved wrong, repeat bogus claims related to the 6% figure, and then fail to back those claims up when showed the evidence from actual experts.

It does a disservice when people who might have decent arguments about the societal response to COVID insist on using dishonest claims to make the case. The video linked from your source explained: "Anyone who put that information out there (the 6%) and said 'look' needs to be understood as a completely uncredible source of anything having to do with medicine." That's who you're relying on.
You continue to misunderstand the argument. I've already explained it for you and received only invective in return. Enjoy your weekend.

The point is that cancer, car wrecks, heart attacks and all kinds of other stuff kills people every year too and does so at far higher rates than COVID. We deal with those things instead of hide from them, which is the way we have chosen to react to this virus.

I guess that it sort of escaped your notice that COVID-19 is now America's THIRD HIGHEST cause of death.

20-09-26 A2 - COVID vs Other Causes TABLE.JPG

Oh well, I guess if it isn't in Breitbart some people just never get around to hearing about things.

You continue to misunderstand the argument. I've already explained it for you and received only invective in return. Enjoy your weekend.

It's because you misinterpreted the data for the 6%, don't understand how the death certificates work, and you and WUWT ignore undercounts, for which I showed the evidence.

Like good leftists we all should show solidarity that the herd is being culled of the weak and old and decimate the economy do we share their pain,
It's a hive mentality that makes the right declare that old people dying is the price of a healthy economy. Old people and weak people are not as important as the health of the hive. Groupthink leads people to the conclusion that numbers haven't reached the point yet where compromising the greater good is needed. Groupthink puts the good of society ahead of the good of the individual.
I'm a liberal. That means I'm more important than the hive, my family and loved ones come before the greater good, my friends and neighbour's and the guy behind the counter and the old guy dying badly in a hospital room with a tube snaked down his throat and a machine pumping air into him, they're all more important than the hive, too.
All you rightists who want the good of society to over-rule what's good for the individual citizens, all we can hope for is that you don't get the final say and make us all just fold our hands in our laps and accept the greater good. You'll keep bleating about the health of the hive, we'll keep fighting with any tools available to us and we'll get you through this. Might take longer than it would if you actually co-operated but that's unlikely so it is what it is.

UK 40,000 something deaths with less than 1/3 on the U.S's population?

Good point, have you wondered what the numbers would be if the populations were normalized?

Well, wonder no more.

20-09-26 zA4 - G8+China NORMALIZED.JPG

If the UK had the same population as the US, then it would have had 2,063,749 cases (which is LOWER than the 7,429,723 in the US), it would have had 204,485 deaths (which is LOWER than the 208,483 in the US), and the chance of catching and dying from COVID-19 in the UK would still be 98.09% of catching and dying from COVID-19 in the US.

Attachments

• 20-09-26 zA4 - G8+China NORMALIZED.JPG
    20-09-26 zA4 - G8+China NORMALIZED.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 0
But masks were prescribed as one part of a series of precautions, and no one claimed masks “stopped” covid. I’m sorry you borrowed something so banal, you had a plethora of options and you went with that.

So okay: I think what your’re realling saying is you don’t care how many folks die to get to herd immunity, correct? If I have you wrong, just say so, but I don’t think so. And if that’s the case, why waste time on “science” you’re not interested in? Just make the philosophical argument, and then explain how it would be executed and what that would look like.

Here, I’ll go first: herd immunity, putting aside how cruel and inhumane it is, is just bad policy. It will wipe out entire workforces in sickness just to get there. Entire departments down for the count for a week or more. That’s if they don’t have long term complications. Employers will have to stop and start projects as different key players get sick. The effect on mulitimilliom dollar personality/athlete driven industries is that they will be effectively halted for a few years.The won’t be any confidence among consumers either as *you* may be willing to Stand Up To A Virus, but others just aren’t as brave and rugged. And they get to decide where to spend their money. Theaters in states that opened too early are still struggling, for example. Our passports will still be worthless as the rest of the world is not going to allow a viral shithole of 300m people come near their own countries any time soon.

And then there’s the psychological consequences of Americans just passively accepting millions dead from a preventable virus. What parent would support any war ever again? Why would we risk our lives for a country that gave up on us so easily? If you think we’re just a collection of selfish entitelment now, just wait until we are post a time where folks like you told us our grandparents, children, wives, husbands, etc aren’t worth it and we need to just get over it. What will empathy or sympathy even look like in this country? How would we explain it to our children?

Your post is full of speculation and ignores Sweden, Manaus, South Dakota and many other mask free places where the death rate was lower than the United States.

You do know you are wasting your time with that one, don't ya, most just skip over his nonsense and denial of reality, he makes up crap then calls it fact.

You do know you are wasting your time with that one, don't ya, most just skip over his nonsense and denial of reality, he makes up crap then calls it fact.

Evertone deserves a shot at redemption!

It's because you misinterpreted the data for the 6%, don't understand how the death certificates work, and you and WUWT ignore undercounts, for which I showed the evidence.
Nope. You never bothered to understand the point being made. During the DP hiatus I decided I wouldn't waste more time on posters who hate. Enjoy your weekend.

These numbers on the survival rate of folks who get Covid-19 came out this week from the CDC:

survival_rate_covid-jpg.67296403

I'm sorry, but with numbers like this the government (aka states) should end all mandatory shut-downs and restrictions. It's time to restore individual freedom and allow people to choose how they want to live their lives and how they want to address Covid-19.

Because they are counter to the political narrative the leftist political activists (propagandists) in the media want to push down the electorate's throats.

The leftist political activists (propagandists) in the media aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Nope. You never bothered to understand the point being made. During the DP hiatus I decided I wouldn't waste more time on posters who hate. Enjoy your weekend.

What's hard to understand about a claim that it's "categorically true" that the U.S. reported total is an overcount, or that that the DATA show it's more likely an undercount. There's also nothing hard to understand that you don't understand the 6% number or what it means.

What's hard to understand about a claim that it's "categorically true" that the U.S. reported total is an overcount, or that that the DATA show it's more likely an undercount. There's also nothing hard to understand that you don't understand the 6% number or what it means.
Already explained. Enjoy your weekend.

Back
Top Bottom