• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are so many girls attracted to bad boys.

Ironically, basically the same rules apply there that also apply to "bad boys." A lot of men want to have sex with bad girls, because they are generally some of the hottest women available on the market at any given time.

It simply happens to be the case that we're generally not interested in dating or settling down with them (depending upon just how 'bad' the girl in question happens to be, of course :lol: ).

As I pointed out before, the major factor in determining whether anyone, male or female, either engages in promiscuity themselves, or seeks out the company of promiscuous persons, is usually the nature of their instinctive "mating strategy." Men and women who are prone to adopt a "short term" strategy, tend to seek out a great number of mates who are liable to seek out the same thing. Men and women who are prone to adopt a "long term" strategy, on the other hand, seek out a small number of mates who are stable enough to make that investment worthwhile.

Blabbity blah blah. Damn dude, do you just HAVE to suck the fun out of everything? :lol:

Yes.

Just look at that pic I just posted in the Tavern today, Chris! :lamo

Very cute pic, but your sister and brother don't look anything like you! Hmmm. :2razz:

I'm kidding you Gath, but damn you INTJs or whatevers are SO analytical. ;)

Very cute pic, but your sister and brother don't look anything like you! Hmmm

Ah, well. You know. With five different kids in the family, there's a lot of room for genetic variation.

I'm the eldest, and the darkest of the bunch like my father, whereas the youngest is straight up blonde haired and blue eyed like my mother. It's almost like we've got our own little "spectrum" going on. :lol:

I'm kidding you Gath, but damn you INTJs or whatevers are SO analytical.

If you don't understand how something works, how can you make it better? :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I'm kidding you Gath, but damn you INTJs or whatevers are SO analytical. ;)

We can't help. We just know that there MUST be more than meets the eye, and there must be a meaningful reason for everything that happens in the universe. :lol:

I recall reading a study lately about pick up artists, who usually display a fairly a high level of hostile sexism (i.e. considering the other sex inferior) and general douchery, and their success rate with picking up.

The results were essentially that they only manage to pick up women who are also sexist, but in the benevolent direction (i.e. sexist in the direction of considering the other sex superior).

So in other words, messed up people attract each other. Women who hate themselves go for men who like mistreating women. Women who don't hate themselves don't. I've been saying this forever, but now someone has done the damn study, even though this should be kind of obvious.

"Women" are not attracted to bad boys. Screwed up women are attracted to screwed up men.

So if you are losing all your opportunities to douchebags, I think you should examine your dating preferences.

^^^^ This!

I keep hearing that women love bad boys, but the bottom line is that most women want real men who aren't afraid to be gentle, loving, and kind. Even in my "rebellious youth", there was no way some swaggering skin full of machismo was getting within ten feet of me. Couldn't stand 'em. Honestly, y'all know how every cat in the house ends up sitting beside or on top of the one cat hater in the room? That was me and bad boys. I shrugged them off, turned them down, even told them to go away and never talk to me again... but damn, they followed me around like their entire reputation for life was dependent on getting into my pants. None ever did.

Unfortunately, there are some women who think they can reform a bad boy, or who believe that a bad boy is so confident and arrogant that he could have any woman he wanted that she's thrilled into quivering jelly at the thought that he actually wants her. The truth is, every woman whose head wasn't screwed on backwards had already turned the guy down, and she is all that's left.

I hate all these "women love bad boys" threads. They turn into misogynistic whine-fests against the entire gender. Most women want mature, grown-up men who will treat her like an equal partner and a loving spouse, not bad boys who think they have ownership rights and a sex slave for life.

^^^^ This!

I keep hearing that women love bad boys, but the bottom line is that most women want real men who aren't afraid to be gentle, loving, and kind. Even in my "rebellious youth", there was no way some swaggering skin full of machismo was getting within ten feet of me. Couldn't stand 'em. Honestly, y'all know how every cat in the house ends up sitting beside or on top of the one cat hater in the room? That was me and bad boys. I shrugged them off, turned them down, even told them to go away and never talk to me again... but damn, they followed me around like their entire reputation for life was dependent on getting into my pants. None ever did.

Unfortunately, there are some women who think they can reform a bad boy, or who believe that a bad boy is so confident and arrogant that he could have any woman he wanted that she's thrilled into quivering jelly at the thought that he actually wants her. The truth is, every woman whose head wasn't screwed on backwards had already turned the guy down, and she is all that's left.

I hate all these "women love bad boys" threads. They turn into misogynistic whine-fests against the entire gender. Most women want mature, grown-up men who will treat her like an equal partner and a loving spouse, not bad boys who think they have ownership rights and a sex slave for life.

Yup. Even when the teenage hormones were brand new, I recall the way attractiveness seemed to drain out of a guy when he was pretty to look at, but as soon as he opened his mouth, it was "bad boy" bull****. Never done much for me, nor any of my female friends, for that matter.

As far as the bolded bit, it probably did. They probably took a bet with a fellow douche that they could bed you. LOL.

I'm not a woman, but in my opinion, women are attracted to self-confidence, dominance and strength.

The typical, stereotypical "bad boy" is usually pretty confident, strong and dominant. Also, being someone who makes his own rules rather than lets other people make them for him is attractive to most women.

Last point, the bad boy is dangerous, and danger, in the right amount, can be sexy.

That's what I say.

Yup. Even when the teenage hormones were brand new, I recall the way attractiveness seemed to drain out of a guy when he was pretty to look at, but as soon as he opened his mouth, it was "bad boy" bull****. Never done much for me, nor any of my female friends, for that matter.

As far as the bolded bit, it probably did. They probably took a bet with a fellow douche that they could bed you. LOL.

I had that exact bet with my buddies last night. I won. Probably because I'm the bigger douche.

I had that exact bet with my buddies last night. I won. Probably because I'm the bigger douche.

That's the thing about being the chick who can sort of slide into "bro" conversations here and there. I know they do this crap.

No, has nothing to do with being the bigger douche. I swear, you guys give yourselves way too much credit. It rarely has anything to do with you.

She just happened to hate herself enough to screw you -- see the study I posted earlier. You will only catch women who are as sexist as you are. Had that been Di or any similar woman, you'd have been **** out of luck.

Most women want mature, grown-up men who will treat her like an equal partner and a loving spouse, not bad boys who think they have ownership rights and a sex slave for life.
Very well said.

That's the thing about being the chick who can sort of slide into "bro" conversations here and there. I know they do this crap.

No, has nothing to do with being the bigger douche. I swear, you guys give yourselves way too much credit. It rarely has anything to do with you.

She just happened to hate herself enough to screw you -- see the study I posted earlier. You will only catch women who are as sexist as you are. Had that been Di or any similar woman, you'd have been **** out of luck.

Hmm. Your study was about "pickup artists," that has nothing to do with me. I've met a few of those out and those guys are dorks. I'm just a party guy and I don't do anything when I talk to women except be myself.

Guys make bets like that because we're competitive and it's fun.

I win bets like that because I'm awesome, and I have a chin that can cut butter. Not even gonna mention the guns. Don't bring up the guns.

Hmm. Your study was about "pickup artists," that has nothing to do with me. I've met a few of those out and those guys are dorks. I'm just a party guy and I don't do anything when I talk to women except be myself.

Guys make bets like that because we're competitive and it's fun.

I win bets like that because I'm awesome, and I have a chin that can cut butter. Not even gonna mention the guns. Don't bring up the guns.

The deciding factor isn't about their "method." The deciding factor is about their attitude towards woman -- an attitude that is interchangeable with yours.

Uh-huh. Of course you are. :roll:

The deciding factor isn't about their "method." The deciding factor is about their attitude towards woman -- an attitude that is interchangeable with yours.

Uh-huh. Of course you are. :roll:

And what do you think my attitude toward women is?

Women want men to come up and talk to them. The next time some douchebag with nice arms comes up to you in a bar and starts talking to you, you should thank him. Thank him because no matter what he's saying, it should flatter you that a guy found you attractive enough to go run his douchbag game on you.

A lot of girls don't get any male attention at all.

^^^^ This!

Ha-ha! All the bad boys were breaking down your door huh? I'm sure. :lol:

And what do you think my attitude toward women is?

Women want men to come up and talk to them. The next time some douchebag with nice arms comes up to you in a bar and starts talking to you, you should thank him. Thank him because no matter what he's saying, it should flatter you that a guy found you attractive enough to go run his douchbag game on you.

A lot of girls don't get any male attention at all.

Self-evident.

Do you seriously believe that? What planet are you from? :lol:

I mean, just on DP, never mind in life, how many endless threads have there been from women bemoaning the idiots who think they want to be bothered?

A lot of women don't want you to come up to them. You want to come up to them, and you attempt to justify what is often quite rude behavior by saying "you know you like it." Creepy.

I should be flattered that someone decided to shove themselves into my space and my conversation because they think my parents have good genetics? Why?

What kind of reaction he gets depends on what he does and says, but this kind of crap is certainly never going to get a "thank you." I'm not there because I'm sitting around waiting for someone to validate my existence through an accident of my birth. No woman with an ounce of self-respect is. Why should I be "thankful" for someone I don't care about commenting on something I don't care about, that doesn't offering me anything of value and is actually kind of annoying?

Just about everyone with a vagina under 40 who's anywhere on this side of hideous gets more attention than she can reasonably hope to respond to, and in most cases more than she wants. Some more, some less, some from this demographic, some from that demographic, but we all get it. I've figured out how to lower mine substantially, essentially kill it from people like you, and alter who it comes from when it does happen. It's really quite nice. I certainly wouldn't go back. Is not getting attention from people like you supposed to be some kind of threat? I've greatly enjoyed eliminating it from my life.

Again, your type give yourselves way too much credit. No woman needs you to validate her existence via what her genetics do for your genitals, and most wish you would go away but are too passive to say so. I've gone to bat for those kinds of women more than once -- women tend to send out a facial SOS to other women or men they know when this stuff happens -- and they ubiquitously thank me. Of those who are sitting around waiting for some guido to tell them what a nice blow-up doll they'd make, it's because they're as sexist against themselves as you are about them, and they don't understand that they can pull their sense of value from someplace else. That's sad, frankly.

Like attracts like.

Last edited:
Self-evident.

Do you seriously believe that? What planet are you from? :lol:

I mean, just on DP, never mind in life, how many endless threads have their been from women bemoaning the idiots who think they want to be bothered?

A lot of women don't want you to come up to them. You want to come up to them, and you attempt to justify what is often quite rude behavior by saying "you know you like it." Creepy.

I should be flattered that someone decided to shove themselves into my space and my conversation because they think my parents have good genetics? Why?

What kind of reaction he gets depends on what he does and says, but this kind of crap is certainly never going to get a "thank you." I'm not there because I'm sitting around waiting for someone to validate my existence through an accident of my birth. No woman with an ounce of self-respect is. Why should I be "thankful" for someone I don't care about commenting on something I don't care about, that doesn't offering me anything of value and is actually kind of patronizing?

Just about everyone with a vagina under 40 who's anywhere on this side of hideous gets more attention than she can reasonably hope to respond to, and in most cases more than she wants. Some more, some less, some from this demographic, some from that demographic, but we all get it. I've figured out how to lower mine substantially, essentially kill it from people like you, and alter who it comes from when it does happen. It's really quite nice. I certainly wouldn't go back.

Again, your type give yourselves way too much credit. No woman needs you to validate her existence via what her genetics do for your genitals, and most wish you would go away but are too polite to say so. I've gone to bat for those kinds of women more than once -- they ubiquitously thank me. Of those who are sitting around waiting for some guido to tell them what a nice blow-up doll they'd make, it's because they're as sexist against themselves as you are about them, and they don't understand that they can pull their sense of value from someplace else. That's sad, frankly.

Like attracts like.

That this guy expresses thoughts like this is surprising to you how? :lol: Usually, people who would brag about being something online are really not that in RL.

That this guy expresses thoughts like this is surprising to you how? :lol: Usually, people who would brag about being something online are really not that in RL.

Absolutely not. :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I've known guys who talk just like this. Watching them in action is frankly kind of hilarious.

Absolutely not. :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I've known guys who talk just like this. Watching them in action is frankly kind of hilarious.

:lol: Usually guys that brag like that are just jokers.

Agreed. Trying to reform any guy who thinks of women as chattel is a complete waste of time, and can have very dangerous consequences for the woman if the "bad boy" turns out to be an abuser.

1. And what do you think my attitude toward women is?

2. Women want men to come up and talk to them. The next time some douchebag with nice arms comes up to you in a bar and starts talking to you, you should thank him. Thank him because no matter what he's saying, it should flatter you that a guy found you attractive enough to go run his douchbag game on you.

Your second paragraph just answered your first question, for me anyway. It tells me that you are the type of man I make it a point to AVOID. And I don't waste my time by going to bars.

Back
Top Bottom