• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are so many girls attracted to bad boys.

Hey, if you want to be an alpha male, just walk into a place and say, "YO, listen up all you bitches and hoes, this is how it's goin' DOWN!"

Nah. I just give them my "death glare" and proceed to do my job more competently than anyone else in the building in half the time. :mrgreen:

Frankly, I've always gotten far more attention from women doing that than I ever have "showing off" at a bar or club.

"Dominance" can take many different forms, it would seem. ;)

Yeah, so remember that next time we have an argument.

If you look anything like the video above while you're arguing, I'll keep that in mind. :lol:

Last edited:
Nah. I just give them my "death glare" and proceed to do my job more competently than anyone else in the building in half the time. :mrgreen:

Frankly, I've always gotten far more attention from women doing that than I ever have "showing off" at a bar or club.

"Dominance" can take many different forms, it would seem. ;)

Death glare is good. Doesn't work well on the internet though! :lol:

Death glare is good. Doesn't work well on the internet though! :lol:

Only one man has that particular ability, I'm afraid.

h88675376

I'm still working on it. :mrgreen:

Hey, if you want to be an alpha male, just walk into a place and say, "YO, listen up all you bitches and hoes, this is how it's goin' DOWN!" :lol:

Doesn't work that way. There's a difference between being an alpha male and an extrovert. An alpha male exudes confidence and leadership, but can easily do it one-on-one.

Only one man has that particular ability, I'm afraid.

h88675376

I'm still working on it. :mrgreen:

Would you consider Chuck Norris to be an alpha male?

Doesn't work that way. There's a difference between being an alpha male and an extrovert. An alpha male exudes confidence and leadership, but can easily do it one-on-one.

I was joking of course.

Would you consider Chuck Norris to be an alpha male?

There are two kinds of "Alpha Males" in this world. The kind who are born with it simply as a matter of genetics, and the kind who build (or inherit) it for themselves on a material basis.

Some chubby 5'2" sixty year old dating supermodels because he's worth billions in oil money would fit into the latter category.

The High School Quarter Back or Captain of the Wrestling Team fits into the former.

I'm not sure about the former group, but Mr. Norris would definitely seem to fall under the auspices of the latter. :lol:

There are two kinds of "Alpha Males" in this world. The kind who are born with it simply as a matter of genetics, and the kind who build (or inherit) it for themselves on a material basis.

Some chubby 5'2" sixty year old dating supermodels because he's worth billions in oil money would fit into the latter category.

The High School Quarter Back or Captain of the Wrestling Team fits into the former.

I'm not sure about the former group, but Mr. Norris would definitely seem to fall under the auspices of the latter. :lol:

Well, I would consider Chuck Norris to be kind of a "bad boy" and he doesn't seem to be a jerk at all in real life. So, they CAN be jerks, but they aren't all jerks. Personally, I prefer the strong silent type to the arrogant obnoxious guy, but I think that both could be considered alpha males. I hate saying "alpha male," it makes me feel like I'm talking about dogs. :lol:

Well, I would consider Chuck Norris to be kind of a "bad boy" and he doesn't seem to be a jerk at all in real life. So, they CAN be jerks, but they aren't all jerks. Personally, I prefer the strong silent type to the arrogant obnoxious guy, but I think that both could be considered alpha males. I hate saying "alpha male," it makes me feel like I'm talking about dogs. :lol:

Sure. I was never trying to deny that.

As someone pointed out a little earlier, "bad boys" come in a couple of different varieties (I think the categories he used were 'breeder,' 'strong silent type,' and 'wild man,' or something to that effect). How "jerkish" they happen to be ultimately depends upon the individual.

I'm hardly a saint in this regard myself, as I'm sure you've noticed. lol

I was simply pointing out that you are a bit more likely to see "jerks" among these varieties of men, as "jerk" behavior tends to be pretty heavily tied to testosterone in the first place. Testosterone, needless to say, is something all of the archetypes in question tend to have in abundance. :lol:

Last edited:
Sure. I was never trying to deny that.

As someone was pointing out a little earlier, "bad boys" come in a couple of different varieties (I think the categories he used were 'breeder,' 'strong silent type,' and 'wild man,' or something to that effect). How "jerkish" they happen to be ultimately depends upon the individual.

I'm hardly a saint in this regard myself, as I'm sure you've noticed. lol

I was simply pointing out that you are a bit more likely to see "jerks" among these varieties of men, as "jerk" behavior tends to be pretty heavily tied to testosterone in the first place. Testosterone, needless to say, is something all of the archetypes in question tend to have in abundance. :lol:

I have to disagree because I've seen nerds who were "jerks" too. Just because you aren't a "tough guy" kind of jerk, doesn't mean you aren't a jerk in other ways. Women can be real jerks sometimes too!

Anyways, I wouldn't say being attracted to "jerks" is a good idea for anyone, but IMO a bad boy isn't necessarily a jerk. That's all. :)

I have to disagree because I've seen nerds who were "jerks" too. Just because you aren't a "tough guy" kind of jerk, doesn't mean you aren't a jerk in other ways. Women can be real jerks sometimes too!

Anyways, I wouldn't say being attracted to "jerks" is a good idea for anyone, but IMO a bad boy isn't necessarily a jerk. That's all. :)

Of course. There are different kinds of jerks, and there are plenty of people out there who aren't "jerky" at all.

I was simply referring to the kind the OP was specifically asking about. ;)

You know...

Mr-DoucheBag.gif

:lol:

Last edited:
Of course. There are different kinds of jerks, and lots of people aren't "jerky" at all.

I was simply referring to the kind the OP was specifically asking about. ;)

You know...

Mr-DoucheBag.gif

:lol:

:rofl He reminds me of "The Situation."

Well-said. Dominance is often portrayed negatively, but in reality the truly dominant male simply is what he is, and is dominant because of the respect and attention he generates among others as a function of his personality and character. It isn't (or at least doesn't have to be) anything to do with acting like a selfish jerk or bully.
Exactly. The alpha male is more likely to be the one who makes jerks and bullies tread very lightly or leave the room altogether.

I don't know about "moody jerk," I think it's just "bad boy" behavior. I remember my first boyfriend was kind of a "bad boy" (for a kid anyway - LOL). He used to ride around on his BMX bike, wouldn't take any crap, got into a lot of fights, and he stole and drank beer sometimes too. I thought Bobby was SOOOO cool. ;) For some reason, when I was young, I was attracted to that kind of boy. Maybe it's a rebellion kind of thing that girls go through. The boys do it by acting bad, and the girls do it by being attracted to them. :lol:

Could be. Even as a teen (a couple of decades ago :lol:) I was never into that kind of guy.

Why would any girl or woman WANT to date a guy who would treat her badly, including stealing from her or anyone else? No way, not me. Such guys could also turn out to be abusers, who are undoubtedly a girl's and woman's worst nightmare.

Vicarious licentiousness.

For as long as the fairer sex are afforded moral dispensation, they're at liberty to have their cake and eat it. Albeit in muted form of course, their instigator taking all the risks.

Insecure little girls cavorting with maladapted almost-men. Bless. Might have been sweetly endearing were it more affectation than social pathology. Time to grow up, kids. Know thyself.

Could be. Even as a teen (a couple of decades ago :lol:) I was never into that kind of guy.

Why would any girl or woman WANT to date a guy who would treat her badly, including stealing from her or anyone else? No way, not me. Such guys could also turn out to be abusers, who are undoubtedly a girl's and woman's worst nightmare.

When I dated the boy I described above, I was only in middle school, but he wasn't abusive at all. Just a dumb kid who got into trouble.

Maybe it's a rebellion kind of thing that girls go through. The boys do it by acting bad, and the girls do it by being attracted to them. :lol:

Wait a minute. What guy is not attracted to "bad girls"?

Wait a minute. What guy is not attracted to "bad girls"?

Ironically, basically the same rules apply there that also apply to "bad boys." A lot of men want to have sex with bad girls, because they are generally some of the hottest women available on the market at any given time.

It simply happens to be the case that we're generally not interested in dating or settling down with them (depending upon just how 'bad' the girl in question happens to be, of course :lol: ).

As I pointed out before, the major factor in determining whether anyone, male or female, either engages in promiscuity themselves, or seeks out the company of promiscuous persons, is usually the nature of their instinctive "mating strategy." Men and women who are prone to adopt a "short term" strategy, tend to seek out a great number of mates who are liable to seek out the same thing. Men and women who are prone to adopt a "long term" strategy, on the other hand, seek out a small number of mates who are stable enough to make that investment worthwhile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom