• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who would you vote for 2024 GOP nominee?

2024 GOP primary

• Total voters
We can go through the specifics, if you like, but, it might be worth asking yourself whether or not you got that idea from the same sources who told you falsehoods about the 60 Minutes interview.

Look it up amigo. The guy has been a COVID disaster who wallowed in ignorance and politicly self-serving, ill-informed, actions.

I chose Other. I like Dan Crenshaw.

I've been watching him for a while, YouTube, when he speak on news channels, and in the House.

IMO he represents level-headed, classical liberal, patriotic thought.

I don't want to see any more old saw-horses in the White House. I want new, young but mature-thinking blood in the White House.

Postscript: If I had second choice and had to pick from the list, then Rand Paul is IMO an older more experienced version of Mr. Crenshaw.
Crenshaw is interesting, but he is quite young, just 40 in 2024. For comparison, Cruz was considered young when he ran at 45. JFK was 43 and both were already Senators. It's not insurmountable, but I would expect Crenshaw's second attempt to be the real one.

well they have to have the.support of the Trump deplorables to win because that is all the GOP has left.

Which one would the deplorables vote for?
If it's not Trump it will definitely be his mini me, Cruz.
I'll spend four years hurling every time I hear his whinny voice.
But, that said, nobody has turned from a hater, to a lover as quick as Cruz. His nose is so poopy, you can smell it when you're near.

Cruz has no compass, I think he will be a shoe in as a candidate.

Crenshaw is interesting, but he is quite young, just 40 in 2024. For comparison, Cruz was considered young when he ran at 45. JFK was 43 and both were already Senators. It's not insurmountable, but I would expect Crenshaw's second attempt to be the real one.

His relative youth is a plus for me. When I was a mere youth I cheered for Bobby Kennedy, whom I felt was the young Liberal mind of the time...then he was assassinated.

Now it's people like Mr. Crenshaw who are not yet (fully) corrupted by the halls of power, but who have just enough insider knowledge not to make the mistakes a total novice like Trump did that I seek.

IMO the old one's are too entrenched and regardless of Party are bound and tied to so many special interests that they talk a good fight, but it turns out to be all talk and little or no fight.

Look it up amigo. The guy has been a COVID disaster who wallowed in ignorance and politicly self-serving, ill-informed, actions.
And did you get that assessment from the same sources that told you about the 60 Minutes interview?

I wouldn't be so sure about that. If he didn't win a second term at the height of his popularity what makes you think he could win in 24'?
Republicans all across the country are depending on massive voter suppression to sway the election to any GOP candidate. They know that's the only way they can win.

Any one who thinks they are pushing election integrity has some real self reflection to do. It's all about cheating their way in and ruling by minority.

PASS HR-1 AND HR-4

Mitt Romney is looking better to me every day. Is he the last republican with any integrity at all?

The night Candy Crowley exposed Mitt in that debate every dopey republican who was fooled by this charlatan should’ve scraped off their Romney bumper sticker and had a real moment of crisis.

This democrat asset Romney is lower than pond scum. What a fraud of a man. Utah out did themselves this time.

This loser would be taking swipes at George Washington for being "wrong & appalling" in his efforts to free the country from British rule. How many times does Pirre DeLecto have to be shamed before he finds out he is a total loser?

That is very likely, and it won't matter. That GOP candidate won't win.
Trump endorsed not one, but two GOP candidates in Georgia. Both lost.

Its true that he has all Trump's nastiness, which is appealing to the right, but he seems to lack the gift for spectacle that Trump has.
Nastiness? How so?

I want Dan Crenshaw to run in 2024. If he doesn't run then DeSantis would be good with me too. I don't mind Cruz since he's from Texas but he wouldn't be my first choice over people like Crenshaw, Rand Paul, and DeSantis. Crenshaw would be my top choice though.

The guys been a bloody disaster when it comes to COVID. You don't even have to bring in the 60 minute piece.

Less of a disaster than most other states.

I don't trust Crenshaw's unabashed elitism. What makes him think he can win over the Trump people being so vociferously anti-populism, anyway? Not only is it a dumb strategy, he's wrong.

Less of a disaster than most other states.

He's been a disaster:

About 513,000 results (0.67 seconds)

Search Results govenor of fla covid mistakes
Web results
South Florida leaders say Gov. Ron DeSantis 'inadvertently ...
https://www.wptv.com › coronavirus › south-florida-lea...

Mar 16, 2021 — South Florida leaders claim the governor's latest executive order "inadvertently sends a message" for people to ignore coronavirus safety ...

Dec 3, 2020 — The DeSantis administration tried to control public information on the coronavirus pandemic by sidelining Florida health experts, spreading ...

Mar 19, 2021 — Florida Gov. DeSantis is running a victory lap over his COVID-19 response as the press plays along.

Feb 18, 2021 — When Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said Florida ranked 34th among states in per capita pediatric COVID-19 cases, he was making an invalid ...

Feb 26, 2021 — Florida governor Ron DeSantis defended his state's response to the coronavirus pandemic in a Friday morning speech to the Conservative ...

Dec 21, 2020 — By hiding the truth about covid-19's seriousness, openly discouraging mask- wearing and heeding quacks over credentialed scientists, the ...

Jul 23, 2020 — I gave Governor Ron DeSantis more credit than he deserved for the low death rate in his state.

G Gordon Liddy.

Ted Nugent.

Simple, who would you like to see go up against Joe Biden (or Harris) in 2024?
Edit 1: NOT who you think would win, WHO DO YOU WANT to see?
Edit 2: No Trumps allowed, since any of them would win easily barring some miracle.
I think you disqualified the Trump collection because you know they'd lose.

Hogan.

I'm not sure who some of the others are.

Actually I'm not even entirely sure who Hogan is.

No. Romney doesn't have any integrity.
Seriously, you voted for trump, and you insist Romney has no Integrity! Maybe a few minutes spent looking up the word integrity would clarify things for you.

Simple, who would you like to see go up against Joe Biden (or Harris) in 2024?
Edit 1: NOT who you think would win, WHO DO YOU WANT to see?
Edit 2: No Trumps allowed, since any of them would win easily barring some miracle.
I would never vote for anyone that supported Trump after it was obvious what he was.

I'm heartened by the number of people who voted for someone other than Ted Cruz. It's comforting to know that no matter one's political stripes, people still value a leader who at least offers the pretense of having a backbone. Could you imagine Ted Cruz having to face off against other world leaders? It would be open season on him from all directions.

Even Queen Elizabeth would call his wife ugly at his first attempt to stand up for himself.

I want to see that too, but alas, trump won't run again. To see him lose the popular vote for the third time, and the EC for the second time would do this old heart good.

I want to see that too, but alas, trump won't run again. To see him lose the popular vote for the third time, and the EC for the second time would do this old heart good.
I'm all in favor of whatever melts faces since we never elect anyone worth taking office anyway :D

Back
Top Bottom